Visit site
[INFO]THREAD INDEX:
POST #1 = ROM info and download
POST #2 = How to extract a compressed file
POST #3 = Directions on flashing odin written and visual
POST #4 = TroubleShooting
POST #5 = Credits
[/INFO]
[WARN]Android Central, jt1134, nor myself are responsible for modification done to your phone. This includes, bricking, exploding, spontaneous combustion, or it running away with your significant other!!!
[NOTE]
EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS TO jt1134 FOR DEVELOPING THE FIRST VOODOO KERNEL. NOTE I WAS NOT INVOLVED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS KERNEL.
[/NOTE]
This Rom is SUPER ALPHA so do not tell me that you want this or that give me a chance to work on it please.[/WARN]​
[Note]
This ROM is fully Deodexed, but only Partially debloated as time goes on i will keep debloating deeper and deeper.

List of thing to do:

ED2 update
Full Deodex
Full Debloat
Black Status Bar
Dark themed Market
Dark google search
Change Colors on touchwiz theme (Work in progress but accomplished)
Remove touchwiz launcher
Replace Launcher (Launcher Pro for now)
Quickboot app (to boot into clockwork)
AOSP unlock screen (courtesy of nitsuj17)
Accurate battery mod (courtesy of nitsuj17)
Clockwork recovery (Modified by jt1134 )
Voodoo ext4 lagfix (courtesty of jt1134)
Dark Angel USB Mod
Themed Dialer
Themed Swype
Altered Beasts Themed Dock and Icons
Transparent notification pull down
Animated text notifications
Power button boot options[/note]
[INFO]THIS IS THE GOAL TO WHAT THIS ROM WILL LOOK LIKE, IT IS NOT THERE YET SO DONT ASK WHY IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE THIS PLEASE
connected.png

mounted.png

example1.png

example2.png
example3.png

HERE IS A VIDEO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ASK IF THERE IS LAG
[/INFO]

Altered Beast Alpha 5 (to be flashed in CWM) this does not contain a kernel but is a full system flash not a patch

[info]Change log 6/20
Hulu
voodoo control app
alot of themeing by gunner and myself
new tv shutdown animation that i modded up
charging fixed
aosp launcher themed up by me
Teamnew widget added
Androphile wallpapers added
icons added to /system/icons may need ES explorer or root explorer to get to them

For those of you who dont know how to use clockwork there is plenty of info on this site, otherwise wait till tonight or tomorrow and i will be opening a new altered beast thread as this one is cluttered[/info]

Patch update to altered_beast_4.1.1 (to be flashed in CWM)
For instructions on how to flash with clockwork--> http://forum.androidcentral.com/cha...89908-how-using-cwm-voodoo-june-5-2011-a.html
Download Altered Beast 4.1.1

[INFO]Change log: 6/7/11
Menu options carbon fiber removed
Other touchwiz poop colors removed, More to come
Please all thanks to gunnermike53 for his hard work in themeing this he spent hours with me (poor guy) working on getting this done. If possible throw him a donation so he can get a charge and make themes for us.

Apps added:
Crutch.apk (allows downloading of previously unsupported file types)
Appwidgetpicker.apk (stacks widgets when there is multiples sizes or options)

[WARN]
Also if you are having problems with the theme, please take and post screenshots otherwise it is very hard to see what you are experiencing. Help us help you :)[/WARN] [/INFO]

[INFO]Change log: 5/31
themed quickpanel
themed swype
themed menu and popups
Accurate battery
Please all thanks to gunnermike53 for his hard work in themeing this he spent hours with me (poor guy) working on getting this done. If possible throw him a donation so he can get a charge and make themes for us.

shutdown animation added
Also thanks to Jaekar for helping me out with the shutdown animations

[WARN]If you are already running voodoo this may disable it on boot so listen to her voice, simply scroll to voodoo and select enable lagfix when you reach clockwork for the first time, after you hit enable lagfix you can reboot and it will convert again.

Also if you are having problems with the theme, please take and post screenshots otherwise it is very hard to see what you are experiencing. Help us help you :)[/WARN] [/INFO]

[INFO]Change log: 5/27
Clock fixed
Voice input fixed
Partially themed
Flying windows added[/INFO]

[INFO]
Change log:5/26

Calendar fixed
Visual voicemail fixed
Dark Angel USB mod made
Carbon fiber quickpanel added[/INFO]

Hulu Patch: (Flash with clockwork)
AlteredBeast_Hulu_patch.zip

apks : (move to /system/app folder then reboot your device)
Calendarprovider.apk
VVMservices.apk
DeskCradle.apk
GoogleCalendarsyncAdapter.apk To fix Calendar problems
Clock app ( now stop complaining about it :) )

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Extracting a compressed file (ex. zip or rar)

1.) Download and install Winrar HERE

2.) Locate the compressed file you would like to extract
1-2.png

3.)Right mouse click on the file icon a drop down menu will appear , select Extract Here
2-1.png

4.) You will then see a progress pop up window that will appear then when completed will close itself
3-2.png

5.)This will leave an extracted file in the destination folder
4-1.png

Congrats you have successfully extracted the compressed file it is now ready for use:D

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
To install ODIN packages on your device
1.Download and install drivers on your computer HERE
2. Next you will need to download the Altered Beast zip file from post #1 which will be extracted and placed in the PDA section of ODIN:
3.) You will need to download the ODIN application tool found here ODIN or ODIN MIRROR
4) Extract the Altered Beast zip file to get the .tar.md5 file
5.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
6.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
7.) Remove battery from phone.
8.) Launch ODIN on PC.
9.) Plug USB cable into phone.
10.) Plug your Droid Charge into the PC via the USB cable that came with your phone.
11.) Press and hold the volume down key until (approx 3 secs) you see a gigantic yellow triangle on your phone, and your phone will be in download mode. The first thin rectangle in the upper left of the ODIN applicate should also turn yellow and identify a com port. You can now release the volume key.

12.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell. :mad::mad:

13.) Find and double click on the Altered Beast .tar.md5 file you downloaded & click the Start button. (This should take approx 3 to 6mins)
14.) Phone will power down when finished.
15.) Close ODIN, remove USB cable from phone, reinsert battery, power on phone and let ROM fully load.
[TIP]It may boot into stock recovery simply Press the home button to reboot
It is also advised to wipe cache partition while you are in recovery [/TIP]

******************************************************************************************************************************************
[INFO]Visual Instructions [/INFO]
First you must download
Odin v1.3

Once odin is downloaded open it, its an executable file so when you open it you will see the following :

1tut-1.png

Once this is up, do the following
-Remove the battery from your Device
-Plug in the USB cord
-Hold down the Volume Down button until you see a big bright triangle on your screen , underneath it will say Downloading and beneath that it will say Do not turn off target
Samsung_Galaxy_S_Download_Mode.jpg

At this point you will see one of the boxes in the corner turn yellow, letting you know there is a connection, it will look like this
5tut-1.png

after you are connected you want to hit the PDA button, NEVER PHONE, phone will erase your modem and you will have trouble connecting after that at all.
2tut-1.png

when you click the PDA button a pop up will appear and you will need to select the file you would like to flash and then click open

6tut.png

now you will see the file appear in the PDA window ,, with connection made and the file in the PDA window, you may now hit Start

5tut-3.png

Once you hit start this process Should take approx. 5 mins if you are returning to stock . shouldnt take any less time than that and not much more. So dont start freaking out at min 2...(wait till min 7) lol

If you are flashing a Clockworkmod file it should take approx 7seconds.

once it is completed you should see the following window:

4tut.png

Once you have reached this screen it is safe to unplug , put your battery in and boot up..

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Trouble Shooting

Odin application displays one of the following in message box OR Odin is locking up in the middle of the process
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
Resolution
90% of problems associated with Odin are due to communication between phone and computer

• Reboot your computer
  • Redownload the odin package
  • Use USB ports in the back of the computer, if you already are use a different port
  • Make sure you did not forget to remove battery from phone (Should be out the ENTIRE process)
  • make sure Odin is the only application running and Antivirus is DISABLED
  • If you are using a laptop make sure its plugged in also find the nearest desktop and try from there
After failed flash with odin upon power up the following is depicted on the screen

SOFT BRICK
Samsung_Galaxy_S_Black_Screen_of_Death.jpg

Resolution
First off DO NOT PANIC. there is a simple solution, just remove the battery , plug the phone into the computer, press and hold volume down and it will enter download mode. Please review all the steps oulined in this thread and try and flash again

Reactions: papa54 and cacash89

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
CREDITS

• AC Member drewwalton19216801 for assistance deodexing
  • AC Adviser Paul627g giving instructions on themeing
  • AC Moderator Ragnarox for overall advise on Roms
  • AC Super Moderator gbhil for assistance on pushing deodexed folders to system without clockwork
  • XDA Developer jt1134 for developing the Voodoo Kernel

Last edited:
Reactions: papa54

ckrenek23

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ahh...Altered Beast, one of my favorite games of all time, looks like it will be an awesome ROM, nothing but the best from DroidX, gonna wait till you get this thing debloated, after running custom roms fully debloated i just cant stand the sight of all of the bloatware. Keep us updated and thanks for all of your hard work to the Fascinate community

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
installed vodoo version but lost root :(

EDIT: ran gingersnap and phone rebooted still no root

so i just woke up , im going back to sleep and saw this,,,interestingly enough i checked with my computer and i have root , but when i try to use a root app its denied, no worries hang with it awhile its all early

Reactions: asenduk

asenduk

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
so i just woke up , im going back to sleep and saw this,,,interestingly enough i checked with my computer and i have root , but when i try to use a root app its denied, no worries hang with it awhile its all early

yes, 1526 Quadrant score is enough for me to not think about root at the moment :p

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Nice job DroidXcon! Looks like you got it all together and working ;)

Get some needed rest and when your ready I'll help get you rolling in the right direction on some theme work and maybe even some mods I mentioned to you that should port over easily.

Paul627g.

Reactions: DroidXcon