01-11-2012 10:50 PM
1,276 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    So all you have to do is follow the steps at the begining of this thread, because if so than rooting sounds a lot easier than I thought.
    06-19-2011 10:07 PM
    So all you have to do is follow the steps at the begining of this thread, because if so than rooting sounds a lot easier than I thought.
    Just a quick flash and you're good to go. Then use Titanium Backup to freeze or delete bloat and you're all set
    06-19-2011 10:43 PM
    So I can't just download it on my sd card and install it. I need to flash it from odin?
    06-20-2011 12:26 AM
    Yea man you literally follow the steps, I was really intimidated but found that not only were the instructions easy to use but DroidX included pictures so as you go its easy to make sure you are doing the correct thing!! Takes like 20 minutes and you are done! Afterwards you are rooted,debloated and flying on a Voodoo kernel
    06-20-2011 05:56 AM
    [note]
    Op has been updated with Alpha 5 , this is to be flashed with Clockwork, and you will need to do a data and cache wipe. If you do not know how to flash this please hold off till tonight or tomorrow i will be opening a new thread and closing this one, thanks everyone for your patience
    [/note]
    prescottp, zman6900 and junksecret like this.
    06-20-2011 06:47 AM
    [note]
    Op has been updated with Alpha 5 , this is to be flashed with Clockwork, and you will need to do a data and cache wipe. If you do not know how to flash this please hold off till tonight or tomorrow i will be opening a new thread and closing this one, thanks everyone for your patience
    [/note]
    Sweet!! Loading it up now. I will report back!
    06-20-2011 08:26 AM
    Great man. Downloading. Thanks again for all the effort. Hope I don't brick if I haven't taken the EE4 ota...
    Let's find out :-)
    06-20-2011 10:02 AM
    [note]
    [/note]
    Awesome! Been wanting to pull the trigger on this as the stock Droid Charge firmware blows lol
    06-20-2011 10:47 AM
    When i try to do the data wipe, it hangs at the android.secure file. I have to do a battery pull and reflash EE4 with Odin afterwards. Any ideas?
    06-20-2011 11:05 AM
    Up and running! Sweet looking. Sucks I still gotta downgrade to ED1 to get the new radios, but it'll give me something to do later. Thanks again.

From ED2 running AB 4.1.1 on jt1134's voodoo kernel (or maybe imnuts...)

De-voodoo-ed (just in case)
    Wiped Data/Factory Reset
    Wiped Cache
    Wiped Dalvik
    Installed AB5
    Reboot.
    Slow going at Droid eye (patience is a virtue)
    CAKE!

Edit: Ok, the 3D app list is awesome
    06-20-2011 12:44 PM
    I'm currently running GummyCHARGED 1.7.5 with EE4. So alI need to do is boot into Clockwork, do a factory reset, and flash AB 1.5 from the SD card right?
    06-20-2011 01:52 PM
    When i try to do the data wipe, it hangs at the android.secure file. I have to do a battery pull and reflash EE4 with Odin afterwards. Any ideas?
    yeah there is a newer clockwork that fixes that ill post it with the new thread i make

I'm currently running GummyCHARGED 1.7.5 with EE4. So alI need to do is boot into Clockwork, do a factory reset, and flash AB 1.5 from the SD card right?
    yeah that should work.
    06-20-2011 02:49 PM
    [note]
    [/note]
    I love you!!!
    06-20-2011 03:03 PM
    [note]
    [/note]
    Installed Alpha 5 and it is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I'm such an incredible noob that I needed help installing it, or might not have needed, the instructions are so good, but was super happy to have it. I'm building a small shrine to DroidXcon in my living room, the shrine should be out of Alpha and into Beta later today....

Anyway, my phone was a mess, lots of problems including no data, constant forced closures, etc., this fixed it all!!! This new version has a zillion (well, not quite) little touches I like including beautiful new icons in the toggles in the notification bar for WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc. I think if i had to go back to that horrid black orange Halloween theme that comes stock I might puke!

I don't think I've had a single "forced close" since I installed this, something I had routinely gotten before.

The only tiny complaint I have is the android guy on the swype keyboard. My eyes stink, one of the main reasons I rooted was so I could make the system font bigger, and the android guy makes it a little harder to see the kb.

GREAT JOB DroidXcon, donation coming your way so you can be as incredibly helpful to others as you have been to me!!!!

Joe
    DroidXcon likes this.
    06-20-2011 03:45 PM
    So I had AB 4.1.1 and Wireless Tether work. I tried GummyCharged 1.7.5 w/EE4 and it quit working. Went back to AB 4.1.1 and it worked again. Just updated to AB Alpha 5 EE4 and it doesn't work again.

Wondering if anybody else is having this issue?
    06-20-2011 03:48 PM
    Installed Alpha 5 and it is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I'm such an incredible noob that I needed help installing it, or might not have needed, the instructions are so good, but was super happy to have it.

Anyway, my phone was a mess, lots of problems including no data, this fixed it all!!!

I don't think I've had a single "forced close" since I installed this, something I had routinely gotten before.

The only tiny complaint I have is the android guy on the swipe keyboard. My eyes stink, one of the main reasons I rooted was so I could make the system font bigger, and the android guy makes it a little harder to see the kb.

GREAT JOB DroidXcon, donation coming your way so you can be as incredibly helpful to others as you have been to me!!!!

Joe
    Glad to hear its working for you, ill post a patch for those who dont like lloyd swype. Or you maybe able to sign up for the new swype beta 3.0 Swype | Text Input for Screens i heard it works really well

So I had AB 4.1.1 and Wireless Tether work. I tried GummyCharged 1.7.5 w/EE4 and it quit working. Went back to AB 4.1.1 and it worked again. Just updated to AB Alpha 5 EE4 and it doesn't work again.

either its a singular case or we are debloating a needed associated apk. i will have to do an apk comparison between the last 2 versions but i cant do that till tomorrow morning since im at work
    06-20-2011 03:54 PM
    My apologies If I've overlooked something here...after successfully flashing the rom it comes up with the VZW OTA to EE4. I was already on EE4 prior to the flash. Of course the OTA can't complete and I have to flash to recovery to reboot. What step did I miss ? Thanks for the help !
    06-20-2011 03:56 PM
    My apologies If I've overlooked something here...after successfully flashing the rom it comes up with the VZW OTA to EE4. I was already on EE4 prior to the flash. Of course the OTA can't complete and I have to flash to recovery to reboot. What step did I miss ? Thanks for the help !
    thats so odd, hmm do me a favor and check you dont have the ee4 update zip file on your sdcard
    06-20-2011 04:02 PM

Update to this. Wireless tether does work. Just not on all devices. I'll take the next 30 minutes and test all devices in my house.

*As far as I can tell, Wireless Tether can only run Ad-hoc.

Netbook - Successful (downloaded a song)
    PS3 - Couldn't even find it on the scan
    PSP - Found it but couldn't connect to the Charge
    iPod - Found it but couldn't connect to the Charge
    Droid X (wifi only, it's my old phone) - Connects to the network but not to the internet.
    XBOX 360 Slim - Buggy, refreshed the scan a few times to pick it up. The Charge see's it's connected but the XBOX can't. Weird!
    XBOX 360 Phat w/WiFi Adapter - Works! I signed into Live and played an online match of Bad Company 2
    Laptop -

Just updated from a clean ED1 install and haven't tried tether yet. Hotspot should work with EE4 upgrade though. Why not just use that?
    Just updated from a clean ED1 install and haven't tried tether yet. Hotspot should work with EE4 upgrade though. Why not just use that?
    ARRR MATEY!!!!
    06-20-2011 04:08 PM
    thats so odd, hmm do me a favor and check you dont have the ee4 update zip file on your sdcard

Just checked and nothing there ? In settings, about phone - My baseband version reads as V.EE4, but the build number reads .ED2 // Think I should just try and reflash ? I went through the thread and didn't see anyone else running into this ?
    06-20-2011 04:16 PM
    Oh btw AB5 is siiiick!! Awesome work! Currently running it with the PBJT Voodoo fix kernel =)
    06-20-2011 04:16 PM
    Oh btw AB5 is siiiick!! Awesome work! Currently running it with the PBJT Voodoo fix kernel =)
    What do you think of the shut down

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-20-2011 04:21 PM
    What do you think of the shut down

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    I like it! Would be neat if the sound was something like soft static then an old school CRT turning off sound (not sure how to describe that sound but you probably know what I mean).

Not sure how I feel about the floating google (I'm assuming you put it to fill time while the device is shutting down). Maybe just leave the screen snowy longer?

Really minor tweaks. Awesome work though!
    06-20-2011 04:29 PM
1,276 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD