[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I have the notification but is there any real reason to go through the hassle of installing this? My phone is working fine and unless there is a need or a real benefit I am going to just keep hitting install later

ColSaulTigh

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the notification but is there any real reason to go through the hassle of installing this? My phone is working fine and unless there is a need or a real benefit I am going to just keep hitting install later

The main reason to install it is the fix for the Mobile Hotspot feature. Full list of changes:

Call Features
+ Improved battery life when placing a voice call.
+ Easily return calls within the call log entry by pressing the phone icon.
+ Outgoing calls from the Visual Voice Mail application will be placed properly.
+ Pressing and holding the ?1? key will automatically route the user to the Voice Mail service (*86).
+ Audio has been adjusted to avoid ?No Audio? or ?Screeching Sounds?.

Web Browsing and Data Access
+ Accurately detect and connect to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE or 3G network.
+ Enhanced browser performance.

Email and Messaging
+ A new Email folder structure has been implemented. When a subfolder exists under a current Email folder, an arrow will appear to the right of the folder icon. When a user touches the arrow, the folder system will expand to show all subfolders available for selection.
+ When an Exchange password has been modified, the device will direct the user to the password screen to adjust the saved password accordingly.
+ Improvements in the Email and Calendar sync.

Additional Device Features
+ Restoration of Mobile Hotspot capability.
+ When in USB Mass Storage mode (UMS), the device will be recognized immediately when plugged into a PC.
+ Device recognizes ringtones purchased from the Verizon Wireless website.
+ Improvements in GPS performance.

TheGoose

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Will hold out for your EE4 update/patch, don't want to dick it up.

Also, I'm still having trouble mounting the system folder or app folder as RW...

does anyone have a definitive script for pushing xxx app to system app?

I'd really appreciate it.

PS AB still cooler than Gummy Charge (bring back the cell signal waves :D)
:cool:

azenalex

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm holding out on updating to EE4 until this rom is updated for it, but how do we get that annoying update prompt to stop popping up in the meantime?

EDIT: I'm a ditz - edited build.prop - that should do the trick. It's been a long week, I need some sleep!

Hey miss Julie. What changes did you make to build.prop? Trying to stop but no luck after changing all the ED2 references to EE4.

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
were you running the vodoo lagfix. If so you need to disable lagfix. You may want to try and reflash one ofthe ed1 downgrades. If that does not work. Try to flash AB 4. Then disable lagfix, Then flash one of the downgrades. then update that way. Hope this helps.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Right now I am on stock w/ EE4 OTA done. I am going to flash CWM, install the nonvoodoo kernel for now so I can keep root and make things easier. I hope we see a V5 with EE4 files :)

ryan_charge

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
This may be a stupid question but, it seems the only way i see to get the ee4 update is to flsh back to ed1 then do ed2 then to ee4. however I like altered beast! if I do all that then reflash to ab4 will i lose the ee4 update? what would be my best option to get the ee4 update? should i wait for a new ab to come out including it?

tarheelmike

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Right now I am on stock w/ EE4 OTA done. I am going to flash CWM, install the nonvoodoo kernel for now so I can keep root and make things easier. I hope we see a V5 with EE4 files :)

how did you root after OTA EE4 update? I am activating a new phone tomorrow and need to know the proper steps to follow to customize. Please see my post about the process to do all steps. Just want to make sure I do things the right way.

palap980

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
so i have altered beast, and i want to update my phone. what will happen if i choose to update my phone without deleting altered beast or anything of that sort? Will my phone brick, go back to touchwiz, clear it's memory, or just update and let me keep altered beast?

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
so i have altered beast, and i want to update my phone. what will happen if i choose to update my phone without deleting altered beast or anything of that sort? Will my phone brick, go back to touchwiz, clear it's memory, or just update and let me keep altered beast?

Fk up your phone. You need to boot into cvm then, disable lagfix then downgrade to ed1 then update to ed2 then ee4. After you. Go to ed1. I would clear all caches
Before doing the update
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

ffd173

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Fk up your phone. You need to boot into cvm then, disable lagfix then downgrade to ed1 then update to ed2 then ee4. After you. Go to ed1. I would clear all caches
Before doing the update
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I did the downgrade and OTA upgrade as you showed above. The one thing I didn't do is apply ED2.
It went from ED1 rooted, straight to EE4. It is what showed up on the phone after downgrading via OTA.

And my phone works fine. I have the new baseband, voodoo kernel and modded CWM and root.

Anyone know if I am missing something because of not applying ED2?

Thanks.

mcnasty150

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok downgraded to ed1, got update to ee4 , odin ab4.0. checked to see if i still had the i510.06 v ee4 , sch-1510.ee1 and yes that is what it says in the baseband version. dont know if it helps anyone. just thought i would see if it could be done.:eek:

Reactions: jake409

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc