01-11-2012 10:50 PM
1,276 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Ok i am about to do this, just a couple of questions.

1. should i move the .apks files to my phone before i root? or dose it not matter
    2. can i even put root explorer on the phone before i root?
    3. is there anything else i should download before i do this (apps)?

I know, nubish questions (this is my first android phone) but i want to make sure i do this right.
    05-25-2011 04:43 PM
    1. should i move the .apks files to my phone before i root? or dose it not matter
    are you refering to the files in the OP...no do those afterwards this is not a root method, it has root built in. This is basically overwriting the operating system so anything that you have in the /system files will be over written.

2. can i even put root explorer on the phone before i root?
    before or after doesnt matter since root explorer goes into your /data/app file and this is not over written

3. is there anything else i should download before i do this (apps)?
    • follow directions carefully,
    • make sure the drivers are installed,
    • use the USB ports in the back of the computer.
    • Boot up will take 5-7 mins so dont panic
    • Never Panic!
    • it will boot into clockwork just press the power button to reboot
    05-25-2011 04:52 PM
    [NOTE]
    So feedback everyone, how do you think its going , are we going in the right direction? or do you guys find yourselves reverting back to stock ? i feel like its crickets out there, Should i quit while im ahead?
    [/NOTE]
    SirLance99 likes this.
    05-25-2011 05:22 PM
    After flashing the ROM the Market appears to start downloading an app then it just blips away and is not installed.

Known Bug?

Standard email (not just Gmail) seems to be missing as well. Maybe I'm just missing a few marbles??

Thanks for the hard work BTW!!
    05-25-2011 05:27 PM
    After flashing the ROM the Market appears to start downloading an app then it just blips away and is not installed.

Known Bug?

Standard email (not just Gmail) seems to be missing as well. Maybe I'm just missing a few marbles??

i removed those as bloat, if you want them ill add them to the OP .

as far as the market goes i dont have that problem at all, are you using wifi?

try this
    settings>applications>manage applications>market> wipe data / cache
    then open and close the market a couple times and let me know if it helps
    05-25-2011 05:32 PM
    try placing the above in your /system/app folder using root explorer(or somthing similar) and rebooting your phone
    no dice... placed it in the app folder, rebooted... nothing.

Allowed non-market apps, installed the apk through root explorer... nothing.

Tried to restart phone after to see if that would sync... nothing.

I like the ROM so far, but calendar is an essential function i need. Barely had a chance to explore the rest of the features yet.

I'm really hoping this can help sell me on the phone cause i'm thinking about taking it back... battery/cpu/gpu/ram are all negatives... Would have love to have gotten a low voltage OC kernel before my 14 days are up (this saturday...) Meanwhile I'm happy to test away
    05-25-2011 05:51 PM
    [NOTE]
    So feedback everyone, how do you think its going , are we going in the right direction? or do you guys find yourselves reverting back to stock ? i feel like its crickets out there, Should i quit while im ahead?
    [/NOTE]
    Everything is going well. Just need the VVM then I'm set and ready for clean up. Please keep this up. Can you get rid of more of the Charge color?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    05-25-2011 05:54 PM

Known Bug?

Use K9 mail. In the market. It's great

05-25-2011 05:56 PM
    Everything is going well. Just need the VVM then I'm set and ready for clean up. Please keep this up. Can you get rid of more of the Charge color?

ill keep working on vvm either me or imnuts will get it working

I like the ROM so far, but calendar is an essential function i need. Barely had a chance to explore the rest of the features yet.

I'm really hoping this can help sell me on the phone cause i'm thinking about taking it back... battery/cpu/gpu/ram are all negatives... Would have love to have gotten a low voltage OC kernel before my 14 days are up (this saturday...) Meanwhile I'm happy to test away
    oh also go to the original post of this thread and grab the CalendarProvider.apk see if that gets your calendar syncing again
    SirLance99 likes this.
    05-25-2011 06:26 PM
    ill keep working on vvm either me or imnuts will get it working

oh also go to the original post of this thread and grab the CalendarProvider.apk see if that gets your calendar syncing again
    Dropped it into sys/app and tried to install it and it wouldn't go. Reinstalled the google calendar sync and tried again... Did a restart in between each attempt too and still can't get it working...

05-25-2011 07:12 PM
    Dropped it into sys/app and tried to install it and it wouldn't go. Reinstalled the google calendar sync and tried again... Did a restart in between each attempt too and still can't get it working...

are you in a rush for it?
    05-25-2011 07:18 PM
    Hey man I like the way it's going, I just got in from one hell of a day at work...I am going to add the calendar sync file now, just downloaded it, will let you know how it goes.
    05-25-2011 07:33 PM
    Having the same issues trying to restore the default calendar...

Other than that things look awesome! =)
    05-25-2011 07:33 PM
    how are you guys using it, as i never used it before so i can mimic this.
    05-25-2011 07:34 PM
    are you in a rush for it?
    Not too bad... might end up going back to my D1 friday

05-25-2011 07:36 PM
    Not too bad... might end up going back to my D1 friday

Go for it, if you are not happy i say do it. just like i would never go to a TB we are all entitled to our opinions but if you need convincing to stay then your mind is pretty much already made up.

In the mean time ill work on getting VVM and calendar working but im working tonight so i cant focus on it , hopefully imnuts has time to investigate it
    05-25-2011 07:41 PM
    [NOTE]
    [/NOTE]
    Loving the ROM! Everything is going great so far after a full day. My only wish list is music control on lock screen and dsp eq
    05-25-2011 07:50 PM

I just downloaded the apk and did a install straight from that. It worked great. Although I do have a third party calender installed. Plus with Launcher Pro Plus the widget works as well.
    05-25-2011 08:05 PM
    u forgottttttt to make the notification bar transparent

but i already told you that
    05-25-2011 08:18 PM
    So how much internal storage are you seeing with Odin? I am still trying to decide which 4G LTE phone to get.
    05-25-2011 08:24 PM
    Loving the ROM! Everything is going great so far after a full day. My only wish list is music control on lock screen and dsp eq
    find me one that is free and open source and ill see what i can do

u forgottttttt to make the notification bar transparent

but i already told you that
    yeah thanks for pointing out the elephant ,,,i was hoping i could slide on that mistake till i got the next build up....guess not lol

So how much internal storage are you seeing with Odin? I am still trying to decide which 4G LTE phone to get.
    i dont know what you mean by that, Odin is a tool that flashes firmware , if are talking internal storage after you install the rom, 1.15gigs i have no idea how someone fills that much with apps, it boggles my mind.
    05-25-2011 08:34 PM
    Awesome rom. I just flashed it without any hiccups. It is definitely a lot smoother than stock.
    05-25-2011 09:57 PM
    Registered here specifically to say "THANK YOU"!!!

The hard work y'all do is simply amazing! Brings me back to my "Blue Box" days....

I'm having the same problem as others regarding the Calendar app...it's something I do use, and I'd like to be able to have that one back.

I've done the /system/app thing, and rebooted several times, also done a factory wipe and reinstalled my google acct, and still no calendar.

I'll try a direct install - any other help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!
    DroidXcon likes this.
    05-25-2011 10:21 PM
    Nice, really helped me out.
    05-25-2011 10:32 PM
    I just downloaded the apk and did a install straight from that. It worked great. Although I do have a third party calender installed. Plus with Launcher Pro Plus the widget works as well.
    Can you explain exactly how you got the calendar working?

I can't get it working for the life of me.

Thanks!
    05-25-2011 10:49 PM
1,276 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD