1,276 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    Solid rom. Thanks a lot, Xcon.
    06-22-2011 10:49 PM
    Really enjoying the AB5. Very slick.
    06-22-2011 11:10 PM
    i like odin roms, didnt have to wipe data
    06-22-2011 11:28 PM
    If my wives charged has AB4.1 and no EE4 update installed. What would be the best way to get her AB5 and EE4 update. Thanks droidx. I'm lovin version 5 on my phone. I would like if I didn't have to wipe her phone. Thanks again!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-23-2011 12:15 AM
    Anyone else have trouble with the facebook feature that is integrated in the stock address book? It's not allowing me to add my facebook account. I guess DroidX has not worked on this feature yet?
    06-23-2011 12:20 AM
    If my wives charged has AB4.1 and no EE4 update installed. What would be the best way to get her AB5 and EE4 update. Thanks droidx. I'm lovin version 5 on my phone. I would like if I didn't have to wipe her phone. Thanks again!

De-Voodoo (if you're running it)
    Odin flash ED1 rooted
    Reboot and take EE4 update
    ODIN flash cwm and boot into cwm
    use cwm to flash kernel (pb&j perhaps), then wipe data, cache and dalvik
    use cwm to flash AB v5
    Reboot out of cwm
    re-Voodoo (?)
    Cake!

This is exactly what I did to my phone and what I'm in the middle of with my wife's phone as we speak (first and last steps are the slowest). I actually did it to my phone without wiping data, etc, but ended up doing it later just to be sure it was as clean as possible. Worked without the wipe, but no promises
    06-23-2011 12:52 AM
    It seems taking the EE4 update is unrooting my phone after loading the EE1 Rooted Stock.

As long as I have the EE1/EE4 Baseband I should be fine to skip the OTA update step though correct?
    06-23-2011 01:02 AM
    It seems taking the EE4 update is unrooting my phone after loading the EE1 Rooted Stock.

As long as I have the EE1/EE4 Baseband I should be fine to skip the OTA update step though correct?
    I'm pretty sure the only way to get EE4 baseband is via EE4 ota...
    06-23-2011 01:25 AM
    I'm pretty sure the only way to get EE4 baseband is via EE4 ota...
    I figured as much... but coming for stock EE4 to the ED1 rooted I see the EE4 in my baseband... When I do go through the OTA update I lose my root. Anyone have any suggestions of things to try?

I've already tested root access through terminal in ED1 and the EE4 Post upgrade.
    06-23-2011 01:34 AM
    Anyone else have trouble with the facebook feature that is integrated in the stock address book? It's not allowing me to add my facebook account. I guess DroidX has not worked on this feature yet?
    I removed it, i didnt think anyone used it
    06-23-2011 02:50 AM
    There was not only no pop up for battery fully charged, but an icon didn't even show up in the notification bar either. Is that something that was removed from this rom?
    06-23-2011 02:50 AM
    There was not only no pop up for battery fully charged, but an icon didn't even show up in the notification bar either. Is that something that was removed from this rom?
    i removed it but wasnt sure if it was gone, thanks for the confirmation
    06-23-2011 02:56 AM
    i removed it but wasnt sure if it was gone, thanks for the confirmation
    That is great news! I don't think anyone will miss it at all!
    06-23-2011 03:01 AM
    DRIOD X i have a?
    After installing AB5** i have no music player app and when i try opening XXX sites i get a no network access window but other sites work fine. Plz help
    06-23-2011 07:27 AM
    So was able to root the system and apply the EE4 update. Unfortunately I was unable to get CWM installed at all. I even tried installing it through ROM Manager from Market but it still did not apply. Any suggestions as to what to try next?
    06-23-2011 09:24 AM
    So was able to root the system and apply the EE4 update. Unfortunately I was unable to get CWM installed at all. I even tried installing it through ROM Manager from Market but it still did not apply. Any suggestions as to what to try next?
    Do not use ROM Manager for any kind of flashing until you read from a dev that it specifically works. Right now, it doesn't and if you tried to flash the Rom Manager cwm, I'm not sure what that would do other than hopefully nothing.

So. You had ED1 root, updated to EE4, rebooted and now can't get cwm to install via Odin? What error are you getting? In order for me to get cwm to take on top of EE4, I first placed my phone into download mode then, before I hit the flash button in Odin, reinserted the battery. Flashing with the battery in worked for me on 2 phones. Also, I am pretty sure you must immediately flash a kernel via cwm immediately after getting it installed or the next boot will overwrite you newly installed cwm with stock recovery.

Good luck.
    06-23-2011 11:04 AM
    DRIOD X i have a?
    After installing AB5** i have no music player app and when i try opening XXX sites i get a no network access window but other sites work fine. Plz help
    I still have my music player here... Did you wipe data, cache, dalvik? Shouldn't matter for that really, but it couldn't hurt if you've not done it.
    06-23-2011 11:06 AM
    Do not use ROM Manager for any kind of flashing until you read from a dev that it specifically works. Right now, it doesn't and if you tried to flash the Rom Manager cwm, I'm not sure what that would do other than hopefully nothing.

So. You had ED1 root, updated to EE4, rebooted and now can't get cwm to install via Odin? What error are you getting? In order for me to get cwm to take on top of EE4, I first placed my phone into download mode then, before I hit the flash button in Odin, reinserted the battery. Flashing with the battery in worked for me on 2 phones. Also, I am pretty sure you must immediately flash a kernel via cwm immediately after getting it installed or the next boot will overwrite you newly installed cwm with stock recovery.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the hints,

Any reason I can't install CWM ontop of ED1? then do the EE4 OTA update?
    06-23-2011 11:13 AM
    Noob question...the vzw rep updated the handset to EE4 in store...am I screwed as far as rooting goes now?

06-23-2011 11:49 AM
    Noob question...the vzw rep updated the handset to EE4 in store...am I screwed as far as rooting goes now?

You need to rever back to ED1 rooted. There's a nice guide on page 99 I quoted that is a nice step by step. I've had some trouble but I think i'm the minority
    06-23-2011 11:56 AM
    You need to rever back to ED1 rooted. There's a nice guide on page 99 I quoted that is a nice step by step. I've had some trouble but I think i'm the minority
    I was browsing that, but wasn't sure if there was additional steps that had to happen before performing what was quoted.

Heres a screenshot of what the system info shows the way I picked up the handset...

Posted via Tapatalk app for Android & iPhone devices
    06-23-2011 12:07 PM
    Does this rom address the 3g/4g data dropping in and out issue with these phones? Also, does the two button screen capture still work with this rom?
    Can somebody confirm or deny this please?

06-23-2011 12:09 PM
    I was browsing that, but wasn't sure if there was additional steps that had to happen before performing what was quoted.

Heres a screenshot of what the system info shows the way I picked up the handset...

What's quoted is assuming you have a unrooted stock EE4 Charge
    06-23-2011 12:18 PM
    What's quoted is assuming you have a unrooted stock EE4 Charge
    Awesome!

As this rom continues to improve through development, is it relatively easy to update to the latest version without losing data?

(sorry on advance if these questions seem way noob)

06-23-2011 12:21 PM
    is it only me, or is flash not able to work on this rom anymore? It says it's installed, but when i tried the desktop version of youtube, it said I needed to update flash and i don't have the right plugin. While I'm asking btw, is there any way to change the dock in ABv5? I really want messages down there instead of the phone icon. thanks in advance to whoever answers these questions.
    06-23-2011 12:34 PM
1,276 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD