01-11-2012 10:50 PM
1,276 ... 4041424344 ...
tools
    So I am back to having trouble with the OTA update is unrooting my phone. I am seeing the EE1 and EE4 basebands in my settings while i'm running the rooted ED1. I have to be missing something in my proceedure but for the life of me I can't fathom what.

As long as i have EE1 and EE4can I install CWM and put the custom kernal/rom on?

*EDIT*--- Actually think I may know what I am doing wrong... I'm at work and unable to disble the anti-virus. I'm sure what ever process is being done by Odin is being blocked by the anti-virus. So when I down grade to ED1 I'm not doing a full flash, which is why I still have EE1 and EE4 basebands in my rooted ED1 but lose root when i get the OTA. I will have to test this theory at home tonight or tomorrow.
    06-23-2011 12:51 PM
    is it only me, or is flash not able to work on this rom anymore? It says it's installed, but when i tried the desktop version of youtube, it said I needed to update flash and i don't have the right plugin. While I'm asking btw, is there any way to change the dock in ABv5? I really want messages down there instead of the phone icon. thanks in advance to whoever answers these questions.
    No. You would have to install a different launcher, like launcher pro. I did because I wanted to do something similar. Its in the market.
    As far as flash, mine works. So I'm not sure what to tell you on that other than uninstall it and redownload from market.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-23-2011 02:13 PM
    No. You would have to install a different launcher, like launcher pro. I did because I wanted to do something similar. Its in the market.
    As far as flash, mine works. So I'm not sure what to tell you on that other than uninstall it and redownload from market.

First: thanks for the launcher issue i had. second: it won't give me the option to redownload it. I went to it in the android market, and it only had a faded out "open" option that i couldn't choose. Is there some other way to redownload it or what?
    06-23-2011 03:19 PM
    First: thanks for the launcher issue i had. second: it won't give me the option to redownload it. I went to it in the android market, and it only had a faded out "open" option that i couldn't choose. Is there some other way to redownload it or what?
    Uninstall it. Then click this link and download the flash install apk.
    Copy it to your phones sd card and run it.

Good luck!
    06-23-2011 04:40 PM
    flash was not working for me either, went to the market and installed it and still not working. No option to uninstall either
    06-23-2011 04:48 PM
    Uninstall it. Then click this link and download the flash install apk.
    Copy it to your phones sd card and run it.

Good luck!
    Alright, this is pretty embarassing on this forum, but I put it in my SDcard and now how do i run the installer?
    06-23-2011 06:32 PM
    nevermind, i got it now. Thanks again
    06-23-2011 06:34 PM
    nevermind again. I updated it to 10.3 and it doesn't work with this rom. Should i just wipe my phone and try it again?

EDIT: That did it. To anyone Having the same problem, go into CWM and wipe your data and cache.
    06-23-2011 06:37 PM
    nevermind again. I updated it to 10.3 and it doesn't work with this rom. Should i just wipe my phone and try it again?

EDIT: That did it. To anyone Having the same problem, go into CWM and wipe your data and cache.
    Glad you got it working. I didn't ask, but you should have wiped before you loaded up AB v5.
    06-23-2011 07:54 PM
    Really?? Mines reads ED1 on both lines. Did I miss something??
    My mistake. I got it all fixed up now. I just never updated to EE4 beforehand. Actually, I was browsing the site on my Charge and seen you posted ABv5 and that it's to be flashed in CWM. Soon as I saw that I downloaded straight to my Charge over 4G and didn't think twice about updating to EE4 first. lol, I guess I got a little over excited.
    06-23-2011 08:22 PM
    Huge request. can you map the power button to take photos in the camera App instead off locking user inputs?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
    06-24-2011 12:13 AM
    Huge request. can you map the power button to take photos in the camera App instead off locking user inputs?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
    that would be sweet if someone could do that i haven't found anyone that has done the power button for the shutter on camera yet.

by the way love the new update rocking v5
    06-24-2011 09:58 AM
    Hmmm. Had a couple random reboots over the past few days between my and my wife's phones.
    06-24-2011 11:22 AM
    that would be sweet if someone could do that i haven't found anyone that has done the power button for the shutter on camera yet.

by the way love the new update rocking v5
    Not sure what it would take to work but the power button to take pics would rock!

Posted via Tapatalk app for Android & iPhone devices
    06-24-2011 11:26 AM
    Got my Charge finally running AB5 last night.. must say such a difference. Incrediblle.. thanks DXC
    06-24-2011 02:25 PM
    Hmmm. Had a couple random reboots over the past few days between my and my wife's phones.
    Really odd I never get random reboots.i would check if lagfix is enabled. I would also see what common apps you use . If its neither of those things it maybe something on the network side causing it. I read on the TB forums they suspect it maybe network related.

06-24-2011 02:40 PM
    I did too. One this morning and one about 2 days ago. Figured it might just have been an app....care to list what apps are shared between yours and your wife's phone in case I also have that app?
    06-24-2011 03:58 PM

my problem was I was using firefox and I dont think that works with flash
    06-24-2011 05:07 PM
    I did too. One this morning and one about 2 days ago. Figured it might just have been an app....care to list what apps are shared between yours and your wife's phone in case I also have that app?
    Handcent with emjoi emoticons and Dolphin Browser for sure. Need to check better when I can
    06-24-2011 05:47 PM
    Hmm...not using either of those....

06-24-2011 06:53 PM
    So, apologies if I've missed this anywhere in the reply thread, but is there a way to get Hulu to work on Alpha 5 if we, for whatever reason, have flash 10.3? I tried downgrading it, but no matter what I do I get the "Hulu does not support your platform" message.
    06-24-2011 09:33 PM
    Just converted to AB5 from ED2and it's Beastly! Thanks!

I'm getting the same Hulu error. I froze Flash 10.3 with TB, downloaded 10.2, movedto system/apps with Root Explorer and installed -- no problems with that. I'm also using Dolphin HD 5 with no problems. But Hulu still won't play....sorry but I tried!
    06-24-2011 11:36 PM
    Amazing job with the ROM definitely the best I have seen yet, keep up the great work!
    06-24-2011 11:52 PM
    Ultra sick...altered beast rocks!!

First look is seriously impressive...and fast!

Posted via Tapatalk app for Android & iPhone
    06-25-2011 12:04 AM
    No more crashing in skyfire browser like it kept doing stock!

Posted via Tapatalk app for Android & iPhone
    06-25-2011 07:02 AM
1,276 ... 4041424344 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD