01-11-2012 10:50 PM
1,276 ... 4344454647 ...
tools
    Honestly, I never use my radio so I feel 0 is just fine. lol And as for the ThunderBolt - Thought about it, laughed about it, forgot about it.

Connectivity problems are definitely on the VZ side.
    what I mean by radio is it has TWO ANTENNAS it can multitask on 3g
    06-27-2011 10:39 PM
    what I mean by radio is it has TWO ANTENNAS it can multitask on 3g
    oh, lol...... I knew that
    06-27-2011 10:48 PM
    [NOTE]
    Hulu patch has been added to the bottom of the OP , flash it with clockwork
    [/NOTE]
    06-28-2011 01:17 AM
    Haven't seen any posts about this in the thread, but it could be easy to miss: since I've updated to 5.0, my display timeout setting keeps getting changed. I will notice that my screen is still on, I'll go into SETTINGS-DISPLAY and set the screen timeout to 30seconds but the setting doesn't seem to "stick" and later in the day I'll notice that the screen is on when I haven't done anything for a minute or two.

Am I missing a secondary setting in the PREFERENCES tool or is this a glitch in the matrix?

Loving AB, by the way, the phone just screams now and the battery life is much better - even if I'm defaulting to manually turning off the display when I'm done with it.
    06-28-2011 04:26 AM
    No answer sir?? about the Radio?? Anyway to get the bloat ware off?
    06-28-2011 07:43 AM
    [NOTE]
    Hulu patch has been added to the bottom of the OP , flash it with clockwork
    [/NOTE]
    Nice job with the Hulu fix. I also wanted to ask you, is there any way to remove the clock from the notification bar?? Maybe I missed it but I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks...
    06-28-2011 12:23 PM
    This may have been covered, but after 40 pages in this thread i'm just going to ask.

I keep getting pestered by an ota update every time i reboot. if i do the update, will it put me back to stock?
    06-28-2011 04:59 PM
    This may have been covered, but after 40 pages in this thread i'm just going to ask.

I keep getting pestered by an ota update every time i reboot. if i do the update, will it put me back to stock?
    What version of AB are you running?

If you are on anything but AB 5 then check out DroidXcon's repost of some good instructions to get up to the ee4 update and alleviate the OTA notification issues.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...ml#post1016431

Edit: Now that I actually read your post let me answer that a touch better. I did the OTA w/ ABv4 on my phone w/o jumping up to 5 and nothing really changed. I wasn't even sure if it updated to ee4 because nothing in my phone indicated that it did but the notifications went away. I did not check if I still had root access though, which I should have done. Sorry to not have much info. You're better off just updating to AB5 as it's quite awesome.
    06-28-2011 05:46 PM
    What version of AB are you running?

If you are on anything but AB 5 then check out DroidXcon's repost of some good instructions to get up to the ee4 update and alleviate the OTA notification issues.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...ml#post1016431

Edit: Now that I actually read your post let me answer that a touch better. I did the OTA w/ ABv4 on my phone w/o jumping up to 5 and nothing really changed. I wasn't even sure if it updated to ee4 because nothing in my phone indicated that it did but the notifications went away. I did not check if I still had root access though, which I should have done. Sorry to not have much info. You're better off just updating to AB5 as it's quite awesome.
    i'm on v4...i will update to v5.
    06-28-2011 05:53 PM
    Thanks for the hulu patch DroidXcon! Works like a champ
    06-28-2011 08:22 PM
    Installed Hulu fix (at least I think so...) but I still get the "your platform not supported" error when trying to watch videos.

Using ROM manager, I rebooted into recovery (running AB5 with voodoo and PBJT kernel) and applied the .zip from the sd card. Update appeared successful, rebooted but the Hulu still no work. Clearly others are not having the same issue, what did I miss?
    06-29-2011 12:38 AM
    I just switched to abv5 from gummy charged and so far ab blows gummy out of the water! The only thing I don't like is the swype keyboard. It's kind of hard to see with the like android guy in the background. R there any ways to change that?
    06-29-2011 12:43 AM
    Installed Hulu fix (at least I think so...) but I still get the "your platform not supported" error when trying to watch videos.

Using ROM manager, I rebooted into recovery (running AB5 with voodoo and PBJT kernel) and applied the .zip from the sd card. Update appeared successful, rebooted but the Hulu still no work. Clearly others are not having the same issue, what did I miss?
    It clearly states you need to run this update in cwm...

Posted via Tapatalk app for Android and iPhone
    06-29-2011 06:56 AM

I'm having the same issue, and yes, I applied via cwm. Not sure how else you could even install the patch...
    06-29-2011 09:47 AM
    Hello, first off THANK YOU for all the work you put into Droid Charge AB ROM! It is fantastic. The UI is extremely sharp looking and it runs decent. I only have one issue - when I rotate my phone to landscape position, the phone does not rotate the screen.. Is this intentional? I downloaded the latest AB 5 from your link today.
    06-29-2011 03:58 PM
    Open the notifications bar and make sure auto rotation is on.

So does anyone know about a different keyboard? One without the android guy in the background?
    06-29-2011 04:48 PM
    I'm having the same issue, and yes, I applied via cwm. Not sure how else you could even install the patch...
    Ditto
    06-29-2011 05:30 PM

So does anyone know about a different keyboard? One without the android guy in the background?
    Try the gingerbread keyboard (came with the ROM) or if you don't mind paying checkout SwiftKey (which I use and love)
    06-29-2011 05:31 PM
    Applied the patch and Hulu works perfect. There's other KB's in the ROM or a couple threads down from this one is a thread where Gunner can apply a custom image to your Swype KB.
    06-29-2011 06:15 PM

I use the gingerbread keyboard I downloaded free in the market
    06-29-2011 08:13 PM
    swype doesn't work with the gingerbread keyboard. I want swype but without the android in the background
    06-29-2011 11:13 PM
    Many of my apps will not open and such as handset and Google maps. Since upgrading to AB5. What could be causing this?
    Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-29-2011 11:54 PM
    I absolutely LOVE the wallpapers with this ROM. Is there any way to save them for future use be it on this ROM or others? Still rocking the BEAST!
    06-30-2011 05:43 AM
    Anyone else having an issue with Facebook on AB5? Pulling down the notification bar when I have a Facebook message and tapping it does nothing. Won't launch into FB from there.
    06-30-2011 05:56 AM
    that happens with my text message notifications sometimes. try holding it for a split second instead of a quick tap. that usually works for me
    06-30-2011 06:36 PM
1,276 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD