01-11-2012 11:50 PM
1,276 ... 49505152
tools
    i've gone up and down this site a dozen times.. no where have i found in any alteredbeast zip's the tar file for using odin.. am i going mad?!? i must be.. in no way am i trying to sound neg.. help.. i had altered beast on my original droid and loved it and sooo would love it on my charge.. have yet to get anywhere close to getting cw recovery to work on charge, and have successfully used odin 3 times now.. again, i've looked thru every zip i could download and do not see the file in the screen shots of odin to install the image.. i know i'm missing a link somewhere.. another set of eyes to show me the path.. thanks, you all rock..

sincerely yours,
    a crazed and blind fan..
    I could not find an ODIN file anywhere either. I even checked the thread over at XDA, but could only find an ODIN file of AB3, which does you no good. Looks like the only way to flash AB right now is through CWM. What problem are you having with getting CWM on the Charge? When you flash the CWM file in ODIN make sure you have the auto reboot box UNCHECKED so the phone does not boot up. This is because since you are most likely still stock, the stock recovery will overwrite the CWM on boot up. When you uncheck the auto reboot box, unplug the USB cord when ODIN finishes, then hold the power, volume up, and home buttons until you see the samsung logo flash for the second time. Let go of all three buttons as soon as you see the samsung logo for the second time and you will boot directly to CWM. From there you can wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, and flash AB5 then reboot phone.
    08-14-2011 01:48 PM
    its on the first page. install 4.1 with odin and the 5 with clockworks
    08-14-2011 10:06 PM
    [INFO]THREAD INDEX:
    POST #1 = ROM info and download
    POST #2 = How to extract a compressed file
    POST #3 = Directions on flashing odin written and visual
    POST #4 = TroubleShooting
    POST #5 = Credits
    [/INFO]
    [WARN]Android Central, jt1134, nor myself are responsible for modification done to your phone. This includes, bricking, exploding, spontaneous combustion, or it running away with your significant other!!!
    [NOTE]
    EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS TO jt1134 FOR DEVELOPING THE FIRST VOODOO KERNEL. NOTE I WAS NOT INVOLVED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS KERNEL.
    [/NOTE]
    This Rom is SUPER ALPHA so do not tell me that you want this or that give me a chance to work on it please.[/WARN]
    [Note]
    This ROM is fully Deodexed, but only Partially debloated as time goes on i will keep debloating deeper and deeper.

List of thing to do:

ED2 update
    Full Deodex
    Full Debloat
    Black Status Bar
    Dark themed Market
    Dark google search
    Change Colors on touchwiz theme (Work in progress but accomplished)
    Remove touchwiz launcher
    Replace Launcher (Launcher Pro for now)
    Quickboot app (to boot into clockwork)
    AOSP unlock screen (courtesy of nitsuj17)
    Accurate battery mod (courtesy of nitsuj17)
    Clockwork recovery (Modified by jt1134 )
    Voodoo ext4 lagfix (courtesty of jt1134)
    Dark Angel USB Mod
    Themed Dialer
    Themed Swype
    Altered Beasts Themed Dock and Icons
    Transparent notification pull down
    Animated text notifications
    Power button boot options[/note]
    [INFO]THIS IS THE GOAL TO WHAT THIS ROM WILL LOOK LIKE, IT IS NOT THERE YET SO DONT ASK WHY IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE THIS PLEASE

HERE IS A VIDEO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ASK IF THERE IS LAG
    [/INFO]

Altered Beast Alpha 5 (to be flashed in CWM) this does not contain a kernel but is a full system flash not a patch

[info]Change log 6/20
    Hulu
    voodoo control app
    alot of themeing by gunner and myself
    new tv shutdown animation that i modded up
    charging fixed
    aosp launcher themed up by me
    Teamnew widget added
    Androphile wallpapers added
    icons added to /system/icons may need ES explorer or root explorer to get to them

For those of you who dont know how to use clockwork there is plenty of info on this site, otherwise wait till tonight or tomorrow and i will be opening a new altered beast thread as this one is cluttered[/info]

Patch update to altered_beast_4.1.1 (to be flashed in CWM)
    For instructions on how to flash with clockwork--> http://forum.androidcentral.com/char...-5-2011-a.html
    Download Altered Beast 4.1.1

[INFO]Change log: 6/7/11
    Menu options carbon fiber removed
    Other touchwiz **** colors removed, More to come
    Please all thanks to gunnermike53 for his hard work in themeing this he spent hours with me (poor guy) working on getting this done. If possible throw him a donation so he can get a charge and make themes for us.

Apps added:
    Crutch.apk (allows downloading of previously unsupported file types)
    Appwidgetpicker.apk (stacks widgets when there is multiples sizes or options)

[WARN]
    Also if you are having problems with the theme, please take and post screenshots otherwise it is very hard to see what you are experiencing. Help us help you [/WARN] [/INFO]

[INFO]Change log: 5/31
    themed quickpanel
    themed swype
    themed menu and popups
    Accurate battery
    Please all thanks to gunnermike53 for his hard work in themeing this he spent hours with me (poor guy) working on getting this done. If possible throw him a donation so he can get a charge and make themes for us.

shutdown animation added
    Also thanks to Jaekar for helping me out with the shutdown animations

[WARN]If you are already running voodoo this may disable it on boot so listen to her voice, simply scroll to voodoo and select enable lagfix when you reach clockwork for the first time, after you hit enable lagfix you can reboot and it will convert again.

Also if you are having problems with the theme, please take and post screenshots otherwise it is very hard to see what you are experiencing. Help us help you [/WARN] [/INFO]

[INFO]Change log: 5/27
    Clock fixed
    Voice input fixed
    Partially themed
    Flying windows added[/INFO]

[INFO]
    Change log:5/26

Calendar fixed
    Visual voicemail fixed
    Dark Angel USB mod made
    Carbon fiber quickpanel added[/INFO]

Hulu Patch: (Flash with clockwork)
    AlteredBeast_Hulu_patch.zip

apks : (move to /system/app folder then reboot your device)
    Calendarprovider.apk
    VVMservices.apk
    DeskCradle.apk
    GoogleCalendarsyncAdapter.apk To fix Calendar problems
    Clock app ( now stop complaining about it )
    its on the first page. install 4.1 with odin and the 5 with clockworks
    OK, above your quote is the entire first post from this thread. Please show me where you see a link for 4.1 to be flashed in ODIN. I see a version 4.1.1 which is a patch to be flashed in CWM and I see a version 5 to be flashed in CWM. I must be blind because I don't see an ODIN flashable ROM file for 4.1.
    08-15-2011 04:10 AM
    I think this is the link everyone is looking for..

08-15-2011 08:10 PM
    I installed ab5 but now it wont connect to my wireless router it say connection failed any ideas?

Ok switched router to wpa works fine now.
    09-06-2011 02:40 AM
    im very new to this and i just rooted my charge. now i am missing Market app. how do i get in back on the phone?
    09-21-2011 05:30 AM
    Came over from the droidx forums...

Well ran the root/rom....

I keep getting a pop up for a system update, but the update is for what is running on the phone. Says I can't make any calls....bla bla bla...

but If I select update, restarts phone, starts the update and then freezes....gives me the explanation mark and about 15-20%.

But can still make calls...

any thoughts?
    09-25-2011 05:47 AM
    Hello,

I recently wiped and re-flashed my Samsung Charge.
    Prior to the wipe I went into my contacts and performed a "Backup Sync."
    Now, after re-flash, I no longer have that option.

What Sync ap is this that I used?
    How do I recover my contacts?

EDIT - After much research, I believe the application was Verizon's "Backup Assistant."
    However, I am unable to download the app, or find it anywhere online.

Am I correct, and if so, how can I get the app?
    Im unable to get my contacts!
    10-11-2011 01:58 PM
    Hello,

I recently wiped and re-flashed my Samsung Charge.
    Prior to the wipe I went into my contacts and performed a "Backup Sync."
    Now, after re-flash, I no longer have that option.

What Sync ap is this that I used?
    How do I recover my contacts?

EDIT - After much research, I believe the application was Verizon's "Backup Assistant."
    However, I am unable to download the app, or find it anywhere online.

Am I correct, and if so, how can I get the app?
    Im unable to get my contacts!
    Most of the custom ROMs remove verizon backup assistant. You can log into your verizon account on your computer, down along the right side of the page you will see backup assistant. Click on that and you will be taken to a page where you will see all your contacts. In the header for the contacts list should be a tab that reads options, click that and choose to export the contacts I believe to email. This should create a CSV file. Log into your gmail account on your computer, click on contacts, and import the CSV file. Your contacts should then sync to your phone.
    10-11-2011 02:41 PM
    Most of the custom ROMs remove verizon backup assistant. You can log into your verizon account on your computer, down along the right side of the page you will see backup assistant. Click on that and you will be taken to a page where you will see all your contacts. In the header for the contacts list should be a tab that reads options, click that and choose to export the contacts I believe to email. This should create a CSV file. Log into your gmail account on your computer, click on contacts, and import the CSV file. Your contacts should then sync to your phone.
    A simple, elegant solution that worked.

Thank you!
    10-11-2011 04:45 PM
    Thanks
    10-26-2011 01:48 PM
    i've gone up and down this site a dozen times.. no where have i found in any alteredbeast zip's the tar file for using odin.. am i going mad?!? i must be.. in no way am i trying to sound neg.. help.. i had altered beast on my original droid and loved it and sooo would love it on my charge.. have yet to get anywhere close to getting cw recovery to work on charge, and have successfully used odin 3 times now.. again, i've looked thru every zip i could download and do not see the file in the screen shots of odin to install the image.. i know i'm missing a link somewhere.. another set of eyes to show me the path.. thanks, you all rock..

sincerely yours,
    a crazed and blind fan..
    not sure if you got it figured out yet or not...

i used this link from the ab5 thread in xda forums to get root/cmw/voodoo onto my charge.
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    from there going to 5 is easy.

to boot into cmw is vol up + home + power. will sit at the samsung screen. once the samsung screen pops back up let go of just the pwr button.
    10-29-2011 02:05 PM
    I just went through the steps, worked great. I have a question at this point. My phone wants to do a system update, the build changed from EE4 to ED2 for some reason? Will I be ok to let it go through? I said yes and it rebooted, then got stuck. Exclamation point and Android man on the screen for bout 5 minutes....Do i leave it as is or do the system update?
    11-11-2011 09:46 PM
    I tried to find this info but the thread is too long. Can I flash the abv5 from clockwork without being on a current version of AB? I currently have GC and hate using odin. I just can't seem to find anyone asking this question. thanks.
    11-15-2011 07:23 PM
    I have spent the better part of my morning trying to flash this in odin. if i understand you flash ab4 in odin then cwm up to 4.1 and 5. everytime I flash 4 even if i turn off auto reboot i seem to have lost root and cwm and it goes to the samsung recovery tool and reloads stock. at this point I am completely lost
    11-17-2011 10:00 AM
    Have had the AB ROM on my phone for a while, got the pop-up for the recent system update and didn't even stop to think that this might be a problem - haven't messed with the phone since putting AB on and honestly forgot I was rooted.

So, partway into the update's install, I get the dreaded triangle exclamation mark of death. Is my phone a brick or do I have a way back out of this?

<update>
    I can power cycle the phone (just pressing power key until it began to reboot) and I'm in the voodoo lagfix recovery screen. What option do I want at this point? I think the original AB update file is still on the phone, should I apply update from SDcard to try to get back to AB? How do I deal with the update going forward, assuming I can back to the AB version I had before?

Thanks for any help with this...
    12-03-2011 07:57 AM
    Have had the AB ROM on my phone for a while, got the pop-up for the recent system update and didn't even stop to think that this might be a problem - haven't messed with the phone since putting AB on and honestly forgot I was rooted.

So, partway into the update's install, I get the dreaded triangle exclamation mark of death. Is my phone a brick or do I have a way back out of this?

<update>
    I can power cycle the phone (just pressing power key until it began to reboot) and I'm in the voodoo lagfix recovery screen. What option do I want at this point? I think the original AB update file is still on the phone, should I apply update from SDcard to try to get back to AB? How do I deal with the update going forward, assuming I can back to the AB version I had before?

Thanks for any help with this...
    I don't know the correct answer for this but I would probably use Odin to reflash. Or go put Humble 5.0 RC2 like I have on my Charge. I've had it for several weeks now, maybe longer, It runs so well I can't remember when I did.

[ROM][ODIN][CWR][EP4P] Humble 5.0 RC2 Gingerbread 2.3.6 11-9-2011 - xda-developers
    12-03-2011 09:15 AM
    Is there a way to do the verizon update with Altered Beast??? I know 2.3.6 is out and was just wondering if there is something special I need to do or if its not possible at all. Im new to all of this!
    12-03-2011 10:00 AM
    Is there a way to do the verizon update with Altered Beast??? I know 2.3.6 is out and was just wondering if there is something special I need to do or if its not possible at all. Im new to all of this!
    You have to return to full stock unrooted to use the OTA update.
    12-03-2011 11:51 PM
    Dear DroidXcon, Yesterday another software update came out for the Samsung Droid Charge and I was wondering if you were or could start working on an update to incorporate the new update with your Altered Beast ROM (I am currently using Alpha 5, it is FANTASTIC, Thank You). I am waiting to update unless you say that you are discontinuing the Altered Beast ROM and then I shall look for something else. Thank You Very Much! code59656
    12-04-2011 10:37 AM
    Well I figure I would post here so I can see when someone responds or asks a question.....my question or comment here is everytime I find a link here to a download it points to where a file has been removed from the server.....I want to flash ab4 and the cwm the rest....but the ab4 file doesn't show any files in it that odin can use....what am I missing here? Love the look of the beast and want it... .and yeah will you be altering it for 2.3.?

sent from my Verizon Droid Charge using Tapatalk.
    12-05-2011 01:18 PM
    This rom has not been updated in almost 6 months, not sure it will be updated either. To bad cause it was a nice rom.
    12-05-2011 08:46 PM
    This rom has not been updated in almost 6 months, not sure it will be updated either. To bad cause it was a nice rom.
    DroidX had some life changing elements to attend to. When he gets back I am sure he will make up for lost days..
    12-06-2011 02:43 AM
    wish DX the best and cant wait to see what he comes up with once he gets back
    12-08-2011 04:45 PM
    Can somebody just send me or post the wallpaper of the girl with the wicked blue eyes from that build? She would look great when my blue case comes I

sent from my Verizon Droid Charge using Tapatalk.
    12-14-2011 09:49 AM
1,276 ... 49505152
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD