01-11-2012 11:50 PM
1,276 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Thanks for all the hard work you put into this! Finally decided to go thru with it and it couldn't have been easier. Very satisfied with the results and I look forward to seeing what comes next! Donation coming your way.
    05-26-2011 03:20 PM
    This is looking more and more dressed and ready. I think Im going to make the jump to your latest release tonight. I've been looking for charge roms and this is really the first I've seen out there. keep up the good work!
    05-26-2011 04:10 PM
    Does this get rid of that horrid "battery fully charged" notification? If not, any suggestions on how to get rid of that (I need to leave me phone's ringer on 24/7 so switching it to vibrate is not a feasible option)? Thanks!

Some early issues that I've got:

It seems the stock alarm clock is not working at the moment (the phone still shows my daily 9 a.m. alarm, but I cannot find the clock app anywhere on the phone to get to the alarm should I need to change it). I'm going to play around with it a bit and see what the dealio is.

It also seems that none of my bloatware was actually removed. VMM service is still there, email is still there etc.. No errors came up during the flash process; it went very smoothly actually which is a nice change from my usual phone experience lol.
    05-26-2011 04:21 PM
    If one goes to this Rom (pardon me for being a Noob) is it possible to revert to the stock ED2 with JT's V4 kernel and CWM which is where i am now? How would i safely go about doing so?

Otherwise is it possible to flash all the way back to the rooted ED1 Rom? And if you already have the voodoo fix applied, what steps would one have to take to go back to that ED1 rom?
    05-26-2011 05:59 PM
    Does this get rid of that horrid "battery fully charged" notification? If not, any suggestions on how to get rid of that (I need to leave me phone's ringer on 24/7 so switching it to vibrate is not a feasible option)? Thanks!

Some early issues that I've got:

It seems the stock alarm clock is not working at the moment (the phone still shows my daily 9 a.m. alarm, but I cannot find the clock app anywhere on the phone to get to the alarm should I need to change it). I'm going to play around with it a bit and see what the dealio is.

It also seems that none of my bloatware was actually removed. VMM service is still there, email is still there etc.. No errors came up during the flash process; it went very smoothly actually which is a nice change from my usual phone experience lol.
    i think the battery full is a apk you can remove ill make sure i remove it....about the clock, yes i removed it by accident and forgot to put it back i didnt sleep much last night or last couple days period...

i left some bloat because it seems alot of people use some of this stuff and rely on it so its easier to leave it on and let the use remove any extra bloat they want out...i got rid of most of the games and useless stuff

If one goes to this Rom (pardon me for being a Noob) is it possible to revert to the stock ED2 with JT's V4 kernel and CWM which is where i am now? How would i safely go about doing so?

Otherwise is it possible to flash all the way back to the rooted ED1 Rom? And if you already have the voodoo fix applied, what steps would one have to take to go back to that ED1 rom?
    yeah to get back to stock you can flash the downgrade package here in the forums and then just update back to ED1

to disable lagfix either put a text file in the voodoo folder on your sdcard called : disablelagfix.txt then reboot your phone

or

from clockwork go to the voodoo option menu and select disable lag fix, then reboot your phone
    05-26-2011 07:13 PM
    Do you perhaps know of a way to make long pressing the #1 key work for calling voicemail when VVM is disabled? I renamed the VisualVoiceMail.apk and VVMService.apk files but now when I long press one I get an error stating the the phone application crashed.

Also any word on how to get my clock back? =)
    05-26-2011 07:51 PM
    i think the battery full is a apk you can remove ill make sure i remove it....about the clock, yes i removed it by accident and forgot to put it back i didnt sleep much last night or last couple days period...

i left some bloat because it seems alot of people use some of this stuff and rely on it so its easier to leave it on and let the use remove any extra bloat they want out...i got rid of most of the games and useless stuff
    I see. Well thanks a bundle for the work you put into this; it's quite sweet right now (I look forward to the clock being reinstated too haha). As far as adding and removing bloated apk's can I do that through the phone's file manager and just find the uselss ones and delete them, or is it a touch more complicated than that?
    05-26-2011 08:46 PM
    for anyone needing the alarmclock you can download alarm clock extreme from the market...it seems to work pretty well and it is free
    05-26-2011 08:53 PM
    Danny, i expect a wake up call tomorrow since um..I DONT HAVE AN ALARM CLOCK ON MY PHONE RIGHT NOW LOL
    05-26-2011 09:40 PM
    SWEET!!! It's working!!

I didnt wipe my phone, all my apps carried over and are working flawlessly

Thanks!
    05-26-2011 10:31 PM
    [INFO]Clock app added to OP[/INFO]
    jasper1605 likes this.
    05-26-2011 10:45 PM
    Wow... That looks sick... I may need to go and buy a Charge now. Nice work.
    05-26-2011 11:04 PM
    Thanks for reviving the clock good sir. Should be my last question for the time being but what is the battery full notification apk title? This is my first android phone so i am very noob to the whole thing still and i do not want to delete an important system apk file
    05-26-2011 11:37 PM
    The battery full pop up notification is something that will need to be removed from the services.jar file DroidXcon. At least that is how its done on the Epic 4g and others so I imagine it follows suit.

I will have more time tomorrow (Friday) to test out the mod for you and I will look into the battery full pop up notification while I'm at it. So get ready to push some files via ADB when I get em ready if things work out
    05-26-2011 11:38 PM
    What did I do wrong?

here are my steps.
    1) download rom filename: ABeastA2_DXC.tar.md5
    2) ODIN successful
    3) start up.

CwM Voodoo Lagfix recovery comes up...

Error:

E:Missing bitmap icon_clockwork (Code -1)

I am powering it off for now...
    05-27-2011 12:37 AM
    What did I do wrong?

here are my steps.
    1) download rom filename: ABeastA2_DXC.tar.md5
    2) ODIN successful
    3) start up.

CwM Voodoo Lagfix recovery comes up...

Error:

E:Missing bitmap icon_clockwork (Code -1)

I am powering it off for now...
    nothing if you read the directions it says to hit reboot on that screen bitmap icon is a picture its just missing jt didnt include it. ignore it
    05-27-2011 12:39 AM
    Is anyone else having problems with voice to speech? The little microphone button in swype isn't doing anything. =(
    05-27-2011 01:32 AM
    nothing if you read the directions it says to hit reboot on that screen bitmap icon is a picture its just missing jt didnt include it. ignore it
    You are right, I did that after writing my post. Thanks for everything! It is sweet.
    05-27-2011 01:44 AM
    loving this so far, this is how the charge should have come from the box. is there any way to get back the weather bug widget?
    05-27-2011 05:03 AM
    Is anyone else having problems with voice to speech? The little microphone button in swype isn't doing anything. =(
    Hmm mine is working. However I did not wipe my phone so maybe it kept the proper config and apk's...
    05-27-2011 08:46 AM
    im finishing up the next version of alpha now
    asenduk likes this.
    05-27-2011 08:53 AM
    I just noticed that it is also missing from the samsung keyboard as well. After reading your post I went to send a text message to my wife and the microphone button is gone from the keyboard. When I go to settings the option to enable it is there but it is greyed out with the box checked but tapping on it does nothing. Seems some thing related to it was removed from the last build. I only use it when I am driving and have to send a text, but besides that I don't use it that often but it does help keep me from crashing when I drive. Becuase I hate driving and texting with my hands, I will not do it.
    05-27-2011 09:02 AM
    I just noticed that it is also missing from the samsung keyboard as well. After reading your post I went to send a text message to my wife and the microphone button is gone from the keyboard. When I go to settings the option to enable it is there but it is greyed out with the box checked but tapping on it does nothing. Seems some thing related to it was removed from the last build. I only use it when I am driving and have to send a text, but besides that I don't use it that often but it does help keep me from crashing when I drive. Becuase I hate driving and texting with my hands, I will not do it.
    Itll be working in the next build along with clock and flying windows
    05-27-2011 09:08 AM
    Itll be working in the next build along with clock and flying windows
    Aint it fun building roms....LOL...I used to do it for my Omnia one and two, and spent many a nights racking my frickin brain till the wee ours of the morning. My wife was always upset with me because I spent more time on my comp than I did with her...LOL..Although I never shared my roms I did enjoy it, just the lack of sleep really sucked...
    05-27-2011 09:34 AM
    Aint it fun building roms....LOL...I used to do it for my Omnia one and two, and spent many a nights racking my frickin brain till the wee ours of the morning. My wife was always upset with me because I spent more time on my comp than I did with her...LOL..Although I never shared my roms I did enjoy it, just the lack of sleep really sucked...
    Yeah i havnt slept much since ive started this , its kind of getting out of hand lol, glad its a long weekend coming up.
    05-27-2011 09:37 AM
1,276 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD