[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
Keep up the good work man, cant wait to see what is coming down the pipe, have a beer on me!! We are all grateful for you guys busting your humps on this!

ryan_charge

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
The Wifi tether app you linked to doesn't give an infrastructure connection like the Verizon Mobile Hotspot app does, so although it works for an ad-hoc connection, it doesn't give me the connection I need for all of my devices. It is a known issue that the Hotspot feature through Verizon is not functioning right now and I read somewhere else here that it has something to do with the date - if you change the date to May, it will function again. So much for free Mobile Hotspot - thanks Verizon! What a tease!

What wifi app has infrastructure like moble hotspot?

tdenton1138

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, I presume we'll need to do the OTA update whenever ee4 AB update comes out? Was contemplating the whole downgrade to ed1, accept ee4, install cwm and voodoo routine then reinstall AB as is or just leave stock but thought it might not end up being necessary? Will the ota be the only way to get the new radios?

mboverst

May 15, 2011
plus.google.com
Just out of curiosity, I presume we'll need to do the OTA update whenever ee4 AB update comes out? Was contemplating the whole downgrade to ed1, accept ee4, install cwm and voodoo routine then reinstall AB as is or just leave stock but thought it might not end up being necessary? Will the ota be the only way to get the new radios?

I'm not positive, but I would bet that DroidXcon would make a CWM/kernal/Rom/update all rolled up into his ODIN package :)

palap980

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
This Saturday (25th), I'm gonna be leaving for the summer and I really need the mobile hotspot from the EE4 update. Will this update be out by then? I'm not gonna have my computer until halfway in July.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This Saturday (25th), I'm gonna be leaving for the summer and I really need the mobile hotspot from the EE4 update. Will this update be out by then? I'm not gonna have my computer until halfway in July.

Im not to far off , yeah ill have something out by then

zman6900

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Im not to far off , yeah ill have something out by then

Seriously man, I'm waiting on the edge of my seat. :D

Here's my check list:

1) Run AB Final Rom w/Voodoo until a better kernel is designed.
2) Wait for Netflix
3) Figure out what Wifi tether works with the charge. Know of any??? :)
4) Celebrate after completing steps 1-3.

ffd173

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Here's my check list:

2) Wait for Netflix

I posted a similar question about exactly this. There is something missing (probably got debloated) that prevents any wireless tether from working on AB 4.1.

Droidxcon has already assured me (in the home screen voting thread) that it will be working in the EE4 AB update that we are anxiously awaiting.

So, droidxcon, I AM on the edge of my seat......waiting......but patiently waiting.....:p

lineswich

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Here's my check list:

2) Wait for Netflix
I'm using wireless tether 2.0.8 work fine for me. watch netflix with it on my laptop

zman6900

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm using wireless tether 2.0.8 work fine for me. watch netflix with it on my laptop
Yea, I was using 3.0 and it was working fine. I decided to try GummyCharged 1.7.5 w/EE4 and I could never get it to work again after that. I actually just did a factory data reset and I haven't tried it since. I'll give it a go and see what I come up with. BTW, I'm back on AB ED2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000