[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Installed Alpha 5 and it is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I'm such an incredible noob that I needed help installing it, or might not have needed, the instructions are so good, but was super happy to have it.

Anyway, my phone was a mess, lots of problems including no data, this fixed it all!!!

I don't think I've had a single "forced close" since I installed this, something I had routinely gotten before.

The only tiny complaint I have is the android guy on the swipe keyboard. My eyes stink, one of the main reasons I rooted was so I could make the system font bigger, and the android guy makes it a little harder to see the kb.

GREAT JOB DroidXcon, donation coming your way so you can be as incredibly helpful to others as you have been to me!!!!

Joe

Glad to hear its working for you, ill post a patch for those who dont like lloyd swype. Or you maybe able to sign up for the new swype beta 3.0 Swype | Text Input for Screens i heard it works really well

So I had AB 4.1.1 and Wireless Tether work. I tried GummyCharged 1.7.5 w/EE4 and it quit working. Went back to AB 4.1.1 and it worked again. Just updated to AB Alpha 5 EE4 and it doesn't work again.

Wondering if anybody else is having this issue?

either its a singular case or we are debloating a needed associated apk. i will have to do an apk comparison between the last 2 versions but i cant do that till tomorrow morning since im at work

skribblechris

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My apologies If I've overlooked something here...after successfully flashing the rom it comes up with the VZW OTA to EE4. I was already on EE4 prior to the flash. Of course the OTA can't complete and I have to flash to recovery to reboot. What step did I miss ? Thanks for the help !

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My apologies If I've overlooked something here...after successfully flashing the rom it comes up with the VZW OTA to EE4. I was already on EE4 prior to the flash. Of course the OTA can't complete and I have to flash to recovery to reboot. What step did I miss ? Thanks for the help !

thats so odd, hmm do me a favor and check you dont have the ee4 update zip file on your sdcard

zman6900

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
So I had AB 4.1.1 and Wireless Tether work. I tried GummyCharged 1.7.5 w/EE4 and it quit working. Went back to AB 4.1.1 and it worked again. Just updated to AB Alpha 5 EE4 and it doesn't work again.

Update to this. Wireless tether does work. Just not on all devices. I'll take the next 30 minutes and test all devices in my house.

*As far as I can tell, Wireless Tether can only run Ad-hoc.

Netbook - Successful (downloaded a song)
PS3 - Couldn't even find it on the scan
PSP - Found it but couldn't connect to the Charge
iPod - Found it but couldn't connect to the Charge
Droid X (wifi only, it's my old phone) - Connects to the network but not to the internet.
XBOX 360 Slim - Buggy, refreshed the scan a few times to pick it up. The Charge see's it's connected but the XBOX can't. Weird! :confused:
XBOX 360 Phat w/WiFi Adapter - Works! I signed into Live and played an online match of Bad Company 2
Laptop -

Last edited:

azenalex

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Just updated from a clean ED1 install and haven't tried tether yet. Hotspot should work with EE4 upgrade though. Why not just use that?

zman6900

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Just updated from a clean ED1 install and haven't tried tether yet. Hotspot should work with EE4 upgrade though. Why not just use that?

flag.JPG
ARRR MATEY!!!! ;)

Last edited:

skribblechris

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
thats so odd, hmm do me a favor and check you dont have the ee4 update zip file on your sdcard

Just checked and nothing there ? In settings, about phone - My baseband version reads as V.EE4, but the build number reads .ED2 // Think I should just try and reflash ? I went through the thread and didn't see anyone else running into this ?

azenalex

May 26, 2011
Visit site
What do you think of the shut down

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I like it! Would be neat if the sound was something like soft static then an old school CRT turning off sound (not sure how to describe that sound but you probably know what I mean).

Not sure how I feel about the floating google (I'm assuming you put it to fill time while the device is shutting down). Maybe just leave the screen snowy longer?

Really minor tweaks. Awesome work though!

zman6900

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Update to this. Wireless tether does work. Just not on all devices. I'll take the next 30 minutes and test all devices in my house.

*As far as I can tell, Wireless Tether can only run Ad-hoc.

Netbook - Successful (downloaded a song)
PS3 - Couldn't even find it on the scan
PSP - Found it but couldn't connect to the Charge
iPod - Found it but couldn't connect to the Charge
Droid X (wifi only, it's my old phone) - Connects to the network but not to the internet.
XBOX 360 Slim - Buggy, refreshed the scan a few times to pick it up. The Charge see's it's connected but the XBOX can't. Weird! :confused:
XBOX 360 Phat w/WiFi Adapter - Works! I signed into Live and played an online match of Bad Company 2
Laptop -

Just to add to this guys, all network settings on the Charge and other devices were set at default. I did no tweaking to establish or try to establish a connection. These were simple connection tests.

So, is this a Droid Charge problem within it's hardware or is it a compatibility issue with the .apk? I've tried Wireless Tether versions 2.0.6, 2.0.7, 2.0.8, & 3.0 - all were ad-hoc only. What do you think Xcon (or anybody for that matter)? Do you have any advice for me?

Last edited:

skribblechris

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Update Re: My original post...

I wiped data, and retried this rom and am still stuck with the ota issue after it boots and am not on EE4 - I tried flashing back to stock so I could allow the EE4 to come through and start over, however using Odin to get back to stock fails every time. However I can flash back to this rom. ---Any help would be appreciated, thanks !

azenalex

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Update Re: My original post...

I wiped data, and retried this rom and am still stuck with the ota issue after it boots and am not on EE4 - I tried flashing back to stock so I could allow the EE4 to come through and start over, however using Odin to get back to stock fails every time. However I can flash back to this rom. ---Any help would be appreciated, thanks !

Did you remember to disable the voodoo lagfix before flashing back to ED1?

May 19, 2011
Visit site
So, since I don't really want to brick my phone today I'm gonna post what I'm going to do and can someone tell me if it makes sense. I am coming from AB 4.1.1

1. Back up with Titanium Backup
2. Disable lagfix (can someone tell me how to do this, I nkow you have to make some kind of file on the SD card but I'm not entirely sure. I do know that I have to disable it in CWM as well)
3. Odin flash back to ED1.
4. Accept the EE4 update (is this necessary?)
5. Flash the PBJ non-overclocking kernal (I should be rooted at this point right?)
6. Flash imnuts CWM
7. Wipe Data/Cache
8. Flash this ROM
9. Enable lagfix

Am I good to go with this or is it likely I'll brick my phone in the process lol

Thanks

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So, since I don't really want to brick my phone today I'm gonna post what I'm going to do and can someone tell me if it makes sense. I am coming from AB 4.1.1

1. Back up with Titanium Backup
2. Disable lagfix (can someone tell me how to do this, I nkow you have to make some kind of file on the SD card but I'm not entirely sure. I do know that I have to disable it in CWM as well)
3. Odin flash back to ED1.
4. Accept the EE4 update (is this necessary?)
5. Flash the PBJ non-overclocking kernal (I should be rooted at this point right?)
6. Flash imnuts CWM
7. Wipe Data/Cache
8. Flash this ROM
9. Enable lagfix

Am I good to go with this or is it likely I'll brick my phone in the process lol

Thanks

go into clockwork then go to voodoo, select disable lagfix and reboot.
also put the rom on your sdcard first before you flash the PBJ kernel

LANAtron

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Verizon hotspot and Baracle and all other wireless tethers are ad hoc only.

If a device cannot connect to an ad hoc network then unfortunately you won't be able to use wireless tether.

I confirmed this today when my android device wouldn't connect but an Ipad did.

If you go to the barnacle website FAQs they explain why they can't do access point mode.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL