[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

azenalex

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So, since I don't really want to brick my phone today I'm gonna post what I'm going to do and can someone tell me if it makes sense. I am coming from AB 4.1.1

1. Back up with Titanium Backup
2. Disable lagfix (can someone tell me how to do this, I nkow you have to make some kind of file on the SD card but I'm not entirely sure. I do know that I have to disable it in CWM as well)
3. Odin flash back to ED1.
4. Accept the EE4 update (is this necessary?)
5. Flash the PBJ non-overclocking kernal (I should be rooted at this point right?)
6. Flash imnuts CWM
7. Wipe Data/Cache
8. Flash this ROM
9. Enable lagfix

Am I good to go with this or is it likely I'll brick my phone in the process lol

Thanks

I basically followed the thread below this morning. Make sure to disable the lagfix before flashing to ED1 and load PBJ kernel (I went with the lagfix kernel), SD card write fix, and AB5 rom onto your SD card before installing clockwork.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/dro...s-hacks/93866-how-get-rooted-version-ee4.html

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I am on AB 4.1.1 and did not flash the EE4, do I need to go back to stock and accept that update?

Man I have everything working just the way I want it on my phone I hope I dont have to redo everything :)

Last edited:

ffd173

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Installed this today and it is working great!!

Wireless Tether for root users 3.0 working fine for me.
Did not work for me in AB 4.1.1

What launcher did you use? In 4.1.1, I could choose the number of home screens and rename shortcut icons I put on the screens. I don't see either option now.

Cool shutdown graphics. I like the google.

Getting very good quadrant scores with this and PBJT kernel. Voodoo enabled.

Which version of CWM is the newest? I got stuck when doing a data wipe/reset too, but I just did a battery pull and rebooted into CWM again and installed AB v5. All ended up well.

Also tried to update swype to 3.0 beta and I can't uninstall the current version first. How do I do that? The uninstall option is not clickable.

Will report more findings as they are found!!

Thanks for all of your hard work!!:cool:

Last edited:

tdenton1138

May 22, 2011
Visit site
My journey:

Was on ED2 voodoo (jt1134's kernel) running AB4, then 4.1.1, then 5. I had a small hope that V5 would update radio as well, but it was not to be, So:
1. Voodoo Off, reboot and make sure its undone
2. ODIN flash stock ED1 Rooted, ended up in Samsung recovery, rebooted into ED1 fine
3. Downloaded and installed EE4 update via OTA, let install, rebooted
4. Flashed New CWM (yellow), rebooted directly back into CWM (held up, home, power)
5. Installed 0602_Charge_voodoo (pb&j) from CWM, rebooted directly into CWM again
6. Installed ABv5 from CWM. Forgot any data/cache wipes!
7. Navigated inside CWM to turn on Voodoo, but didn't want to work so just rebooted
8. Booted up into ABv5, have root, used Voodoo Control app to turn on lagfix.
9. Rebooted. Voodoo back on. Still haven't done data/cache wipes.
10. Quadrant 1591. Installed all my apps, LauncherPro (sorry), used TiBackup to move all user apps to SD card.
11. Quickboot into Recovery. Cleared Cache and Dalvik (not data/factory reset). Rebooted.
12. Quadrant now 1477 (?)

Baseband:
i560.06vEE4
SCH-I510.EE1
Kernel: imnuts 2.6.32.9
Build: SCHI510.EE4

This rom rocks, DroidXcon! Thanks again to you and Gunnermike for a job well done.

zman6900

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
The dialer is supposed to be blue and orange, right? Or did I accidently mess it up with tb?
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Yea, mine is blue and orange.
27wyr0g.jpg

Last edited:

skribblechris

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok.... so after starting all the way over from scratch, I am UP AND RUNNING with no issues on EE4, and this rom! It looks amazing so far and is super fast. It was definitely worth the time spent. Amazing Job, Loving it.....Thanks so much !

zman6900

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
BTW, I think you guys are doing a great job here. I see you and your crew as being top dev's for this device. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with next. I hope you all make further development on the Charge for a long time to come.

Another thing is, I don't think people realize enough what it is you guys are doing here. If we didn't have your team, we'd have a stock phone with root - at most. So thank you for all of your hard work. It is highly appreciated.

I'm also wondering where gunnermike stands on getting his Charge. I'll donate as soon as I can. Thanks again guys.

TEAM ANDROPHILES FTW!!!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
BTW, I think you guys are doing a great job here. I see you and your crew as being top dev's for this device. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with next. I hope you all make further development on the Charge for a long time to come.

Another thing is, I don't think people realize enough what it is you guys are doing here. If we didn't have your team, we'd have a stock phone with root - at most. So thank you for all of your hard work. It is highly appreciated.

I'm also wondering where gunnermike stands on getting his Charge. I'll donate as soon as I can. Thanks again guys.

TEAM ANDROPHILES FTW!!!

Thanks man i wouldnt say i'm im top dev lol but im learning. Kejar and imnuts are pretty awsome.

Gunner is almost there but its been awhile since he has gotten a donation. i would say he is like $50 away from being able to get a used one at least.

Reactions: brianct1972

zman6900

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks man i wouldnt say i'm im top dev lol but im learning. Kejar and imnuts are pretty awsome.

Gunner is almost there but its been awhile since he has gotten a donation. i would say he is like $50 away from being able to get a used one at least.

Just sayin' thanks where thanks is due.

Is he getting the phone at a discounted price or the full retail?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am on AB 4.1.1 and did not flash the EE4, do I need to go back to stock and accept that update?

Man I have everything working just the way I want it on my phone I hope I dont have to redo everything :)

i mean you can try to run it without updating or wiping but you may run into FC situation or other little things that may not work correctly

Installed this today and it is working great!!

Wireless Tether for root users 3.0 working fine for me.
Did not work for me in AB 4.1.1

What launcher did you use? In 4.1.1, I could choose the number of home screens and rename shortcut icons I put on the screens. I don't see either option now.

Cool shutdown graphics. I like the google.

Getting very good quadrant scores with this and PBJT kernel. Voodoo enabled.

Which version of CWM is the newest? I got stuck when doing a data wipe/reset too, but I just did a battery pull and rebooted into CWM again and installed AB v5. All ended up well.

Also tried to update swype to 3.0 beta and I can't uninstall the current version first. How do I do that? The uninstall option is not clickable.

Will report more findings as they are found!!

Thanks for all of your hard work!!:cool:
you want launcher pro , the launcher i used in this version is aosp launcher that i modified
ill post the new clockwork tomorrow or you can get to the stickied voodoo thread i think there is a link in there
you need to get either root explorer or ES explorer then go to the /system/app folder and delete swype

Just sayin' thanks where thanks is due.

Is he getting the phone at a discounted price or the full retail?
thanks again. he is not eligible for an upgrade so he needs to buy a charge outright new or used

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else not able to use My Verizon Mobile app after installing ROM? I can't get mine to work again. it says, "Services are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or call customer care for assistance. Error Code -300"

Any one know how to fix this?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else not able to use My Verizon Mobile app after installing ROM? I can't get mine to work again. it says, "Services are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or call customer care for assistance. Error Code -300"

Any one know how to fix this?

probably because i stripped out all of the vzw services apks out

Reactions: LANAtron

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
ok so I disabled voodoo and accepted the ee4 update but am not sure how to tell if it went through.

do I need to flash a kernel with this ROM?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok so I disabled voodoo and accepted the ee4 update but am not sure how to tell if it went through.

do I need to flash a kernel with this ROM?

Settings> about phone check your build

If you want root you do

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay