[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

ScottDroid

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
thats odd because both gmail and ozemail are there so you should be able to run it,,,,check voodoo control let me know if it is enabled or disabled? did you flash this from stock or from gummy?

Ok i did a quick wipe and re install and its there now ! thanks! Great work again !

How do i get different icons ? I'm still trying to figure that one out ?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
After I rebooted to enable lagfix again, disabled it to install this just in case, it's all working again. Really liking that 3D app drawer thingy, looks great! Not even sure I'm going to put Go Launcher back on. Am curious though, can I change how many buttons there are....down where the phone/browser is? I don't remember what that part is called....

The dock no..but launcher pro can . It also has 3d app drawer

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Ghetto_Cowgirl

May 17, 2011
Visit site
The dockkkkk...that's it! I don't want to download another launcher, maybe I can live without it :p

Well, running on 0 sleep. I'm going to bed, thanks for an AWESOME ROM/Theme thing...absolutely love it :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok i did a quick wipe and re install and its there now ! thanks! Great work again !

How do i get different icons ? I'm still trying to figure that one out ?
Great ....get root explorer or es file.explorer from the market... I put them in a file on the system called icons.....the path.is /system/app

porterhouse0

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
awesome job here man, seriously. Love the stock theme as well. Only one thing thats bothering me...the 3G icon keeps appearing when my wifi is on...actually right now ive had the wifi AND the 3G icon showing for the past half hour lol any ideas?

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks man i wouldnt say i'm im top dev lol but im learning. Kejar and imnuts are pretty awsome.

Gunner is almost there but its been awhile since he has gotten a donation. i would say he is like $50 away from being able to get a used one at least.

Next time you talk with him find out how close he is to having the funds. If it is that close one of the 2 of you shot me a PM and I'll try to get the balance of what is needed ASAP. I've got a few friends buying Charges this week so I will put HEAT on them to fork over some funds to help the community.

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Next time you talk with him find out how close he is to having the funds. If it is that close one of the 2 of you shot me a PM and I'll try to get the balance of what is needed ASAP. I've got a few friends buying Charges this week so I will put HEAT on them to fork over some funds to help the community.

Yes if he's really going to buy one and make the Charge even better with you let me know as well. I've rooted not only mine but two other friends phones. Let's keep the donations up. Where is his link?

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if this was intentional, but wallpaper is set to landscape only when using portrait setting and won't display you selection properly.

Sorry...I'll try to explain what I meant, I was all most asleep when I wrote this. :)

So if you try to set a new wallpaper from your gallery, you have 2 options to set your wallpaper, multi (landscape) or single (portrait). If you try adjusting the image for single view, the image expands for multi and the adjustment doesn't take affect.

Try it you'll see what I mean.

Kabukiman

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
forgive my complete ignorance as I am new to this whole Flashing rom's scene, but since the Droid Charge has an Unlocked Bootloader does that mean right out of the Box following these directions I would be able to Flash the Rom with AlteredBeast? or do I need to root first?

airric00

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Any chance of getting that black themed dialer back? The blue is ok, but clashes with my screens..

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but using launcher pro dramatically increased my speeds on changing screens, adding new app shortcuts etc.. Not sure if the 3d thing is laggy, but that is a lot faster too scrolling through the app drawer.. Just my .02

Last edited:

Porkweasel

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I looked through about 15-20 pages and didn't see an answer and hope someone can quickly guide me to one. After flashing, and this is MY FIRST time using ODIN (coming from SBF and Motorola), everything boots but I'm getting the system update. I should NOT take this correct?

airric00

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I looked through about 15-20 pages and didn't see an answer and hope someone can quickly guide me to one. After flashing, and this is MY FIRST time using ODIN (coming from SBF and Motorola), everything boots but I'm getting the system update. I should NOT take this correct?
Right do not take it.... Did you upgrade to AB5? or 4.1.1

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site

To be fully current you should have let the OTA update come threw prior to putting a ROM on the device. Then you would have the radio update and so forth. After that you can flash as you wish.

Porkweasel

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
To be fully current you should have let the OTA update come threw prior to putting a ROM on the device. Then you would have the radio update and so forth. After that you can flash as you wish.

I had the EE4 update before flashing. (Bought the phone last night, it wanted to update immediately, and I did). Went directly from stock through ODIN to AB5. The icon to update keeps popping up though. Not sure what I did wrote honestly.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
This is for anyone who has any questions about flashing this ROM. Since I too am a noob, I feel like I should give back to the noob community so these amazing developers can focus more on working on their ROMs.

Anyway, if you are coming from Stock ED1/ED2, Altered Beast 1/2/3/4 do this (it would help to make a folder to put everything in):

1. Download ODIN from here
2. Download Stock Rooted ED1 from here. If the file downloaded is .tar.tar extract this .tar (using WinRAR) and you should get a .tar.md5 file. If it is already .tar.md5, leave it.
3. Download Altered Beast A5. DO NOT EXTRACT IT.
4. Download the PBJT voodoo kernel (Well I would at least). Get it from here. This is the imnuts kernel from 6-2. Not the overclocking kernel.
5. Download Clockwork Recovery Mod from here. Again, this is imnuts CWM from 6-11
6. If you are rooted, I would back up your apps and stuff using Titanium Backup.
7. If you have AB 1/2/3/4 or any other ROM/kernel with lagfix, disable that now. To do this, boot into CWM and disable it. Reboot the phone and it will convert it back to RFS. BE PATIENT, this will take a while.
8. Create two folders on your SD card called "ROM to flash" and "Kernel to flash".
9. Put Altered Beast V5.zip in the ROM to flash folder and the PBJT.zip file into the Kernel to flash folder.
10. Flash Stock ED1 Rooted with ODIN. Here's how:
10a. ENSURE VOODOO IS DISABLED!
10aa. Ensure you have the correct USB drivers installed. If you ever used your phone with your computer then you probably do.
10b. Open Odin
10c. Shut down your phone and take the battery out
10d. Plug in your usb cable to the BACK of your (desktop)computer. If you are using a laptop ensure the power is plugged into the laptop.
10e. Now plug in the other end of the usb to your phone. While pluggin it in, make sure you are holding down the volume down button. Hold it down and plug it in and you'll see Andy digging a hole and a screen that says downloading.
10f. In ODIN, you should see a yellow box now that says COM something.
10g. Now that you have a yellow box on your screen, click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file you extracted from step 2.
10gg. For me, I seemed to get better results if I had my phone plugged in for over a minute without doing anything. IDK if this is true or anything but it worked for me.
10h. Once you select the .tar.md5, you can ensure that you selected PDA and click start. ODIN will do it's magic.
10i. Hopefully it worked, and if it didn't, you just bricked your phone :). Just kidding, just keep trying, it'll go through eventually.
10j. Once you see a green box that says pass, you can unplug your phone and put the battery in and boot it up.
10k. If you for some reason end up in Samsung recovery just hit Reboot and it'll boot up into Stock Rooted ED1.
11. You now need to accept the update to EE4. It should be automatically pushed to you.
12. Let it update and once it reboots, you'll be on EE4. YAY!
13. Once in EE4, one would now flash CWM. Crack open ODIN again and follow the same instructions but this time, select the CWM .tar.md5 file using the PDA button.
14. Flash with ODIN and disconnect when done.
15. Reboot into CWM. To do this, hold Vol up + Home + power. When the Sammy logo comes up release power.
16. When CWM comes up go to install .zip from SD. Navigate to where you put the KERNEL.
17. Select the Kernel and install it. It shouldn't take too long. You don't need to reboot.
18. Now for everyone's favorite part which is wiping the data. Go to the first page in CWM. Hit Wipe Data. This takes a few minutes. Once its done, hit Wipe Cache. This is quick. Don't reboot yet
19. Now, for everyone's real favorite part, installing AB V5. Go to install from .zip again. Navigate to where you put the ROM and select it and install it. This doesn't take too long but be patient.
20. Once it finishes, reboot and you should be running AB V5.
21. You can enable voodoo using an app DroidXCon put in called Voodoo control.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance