[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

superman6120

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Dien to flash this rom but am at a loss for how to root my charge im running EE4 and i am using a mac. Anyone that can help me out would be much appreciated

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Noticed something really weird: whenever someone calls me, my charge acts like that person is hanging up and redialing me instantaneously--I get two missed calls and I can finally pick up the third. rebooting doesn't fix this

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok...I have tried SEVERAL times to flash the ED1 only to read MD5 file is invalid and the flash failed...can someone please HELP?? I have rebooted both DC and laptop and opened Odin with admin rights...??????

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok...I have tried SEVERAL times to flash the ED1 only to read MD5 file is invalid and the flash failed...can someone please HELP?? I have rebooted both DC and laptop and opened Odin with admin rights...??????

Means either the file is corrupt or yor are trying to flash the wrong type of file what is the full name of the file you are trying to flash including extension

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok Im in the process of downloading rooteded1 file from a diff local...I deleted the first download so not to confuse the two so I cant tell you the entire file name...I'll get back to ya momentarily...

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I attempted to flash stockrootedED1-20110517.tar.md5 again...was prompted w/FAIL MD5 hash value invalid...man is this frustrating! Ive never seen this before...PLEASE help Im anxious to update and donate...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I attempted to flash stockrootedED1-20110517.tar.md5 again...was prompted w/FAIL MD5 hash value invalid...man is this frustrating! Ive never seen this before...PLEASE help Im anxious to update and donate...
W when I get home in like ten mins

tdenton1138

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Let us know if you're still have problems, though if DXc couldn't help...

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Quote:
Originally Posted by avelendapixel8
I found another verison of My Verizon Mobile app from this thread: [HOW TO] Fix My verizon Mobile app Error 305 & MAPS street view - xda-developers, but every time I install the app, it forces me to upgrade to a new version and I'm not able to connect to again.

I would like to get this app running again, since I share my minutes with the MRS. can you point me in the direction? I'm still very new to this rooting biz.

OH, one last thing. Thank you for your all hard work. I've been following this thread since I first got my DC month ago, and finally took the leap today. You've created a sleek ROM.

ill look into this also but i dont have an answer for you right now and im at work..

thank you both

Update: I got My Verizon Mobile app working again...I re-installed your rom and restored My Verizon Mobile apk and Verizon Single Sign-On Engine apk from my Titanium Back Up.:cool:

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Only had time last night when I got home to do one phone, so flashed this to my husbands. He was stock rooted before, I was waiting for this rom to be updated before I spiced up his phone for him, so instead of ODINing him back to rooted ED1, I just changed his build.prop back, unrooted him real quick and accepted his EE4 update. I, too, had trouble flashing CWM in ODIN and popping the battery back in the phone before hitting start finally did the truck for me too. He's now up and running AB5 and pbj voodoo and loving it!

One thing I noticed, though is that the hidden menu option for disabling the battery pop up is no longer an option. I wasn't able to get his phone back on the charger long enough before he had to get up either to see if the fact that I disabled it in ED1 stuck (that's how I remember it working for the Fascinate). I'll plug it back in tonight to see if I get the dreaded pop up - anybody else getting battery pop up again since going to EE4?

I had fun playing around with his phone, the rom is silky smooth! Thank you so much for all the hard work on it! Hopefully I'll have enough time to get my phone running with this today too, but my sister is still running stock rooted and is having just about as many issues with her phone as my husband was, so hers will probably come first, along with a pretty pink theme to go with it :)

tdenton1138

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Just a question, does this ODIN Package include the EE4 Radio as well? That is what I am really looking to get. Thanks!

As far as I know, no ODIN packages have the EE4 radios. The preferred method to get the radios, is downgrade to rooted ED1, take the OTA, then install cwm, the kernel of your choice, then a rom if you like. Cwm install and kernel need to be installed one right after the other without letting the phone boot back up.

Abbreviated steps:

1. ODIN rooted ED1
2. Accept EE4 Update
3. ODIN CWM
4. Boot into cwm, install kernel (I like the pb&j voodoo kernel), wipe data, cache, davlik then install rom (AB v5 for me)
5. Reboot phone.
6. Cake!

Last edited:

tdenton1138

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Something I've notice on v5 is that I can't keep LauncherPro default when I reboot. On reboot it goes to AOSP (I love those icons), and I can use home switcher to get back to LP (it is set as default), but then all my widgets are 'unable to load' and I have to delete and replace them. Not terribly difficult, but something's not quite right there.

I really only use LP for the 5 icons across the bottom... Is there any way to get the AOSP launcher to expand to 5? I can't find setting of any kind for it, but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place

Last edited:

rdearth53

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, no ODIN packages have the EE4 radios. The preferred method to get the radios, is downgrade to rooted ED1, take the OTA, then install cwm, the kernel of your choice, then a rom if you like. Cwm install and kernel need to be installed one right after the other without letting the phone boot back up.

Abbreviated steps:

1. ODIN rooted ED1
2. Accept EE4 Update
3. ODIN CWM
4. Boot into cwm, install kernel (I like the pb&j voodoo kernel), install rom (AB v5 for me)
5. Reboot phone.
6. Cake!

Thanks for the help. I was running Gummycharged but I wanted the new radio so I went to stock ED2 and the update did not work. I have liked what I have seen in AB so I just decided to flash it. As long as it works without the new radio, I am happy:)

galvo

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I really only use LP for the 5 icons across the bottom... Is there any way to get the AOSP launcher to expand to 5? I can't find setting of any kind for it, but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place

I'm not sure if this issue only affects LauncherPro and not other home launchers, but you can give Go Launcher or ADW a shot.

borumha

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Abbreviated steps:

1. ODIN rooted ED1
2. Accept EE4 Update
3. ODIN CWM
4. Boot into cwm, install kernel (I like the pb&j voodoo kernel), install rom (AB v5 for me)
5. Reboot phone.
6. Cake!

Just now looking to root my Charge so want to just verify I'm undestanding;
From my EE4 Stock unrooted -> install a Rooted ED1 Kernal -> Update to EE4 -> then use ODIN to install CWM on my phone -> install a kernal and ROM of my choice?

I'm confused how ODIN will install CWM, from what i read update removes root access and you need root access to install CWM... i am probably missing something but any clarification would be welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz