[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I installed this Rom last nite, pretty cool and not bad, little slow and some buttons I do not like. I really dont like Touchwiz either... what can you do right?

Well Im having Radio Issues, It is Constantly Dropping and fluctuating all over the place. Most of the time I dont even have 3g or a Network Connection. Any Ideas????

I am a TB user who came to the Charge, But So far Im really not digging this phone like everyone is hyped about

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I installed this Rom last nite, pretty cool and not bad, little slow and some buttons I do not like. I really dont like Touchwiz either... what can you do right?

Well Im having Radio Issues, It is Constantly Dropping and fluctuating all over the place. Most of the time I dont even have 3g or a Network Connection. Any Ideas????

I am a TB user who came to the Charge, But So far Im really not digging this phone like everyone is hyped about

I came from a TB also, while I do like this phone better I will say the TB had better reception! A lot better. Not a deal breaker for me but in my house the TB would hold a 4G signal with 2 bars most of the time and sometimes drop to 3G sometimes or even 1X for a short time (few seconds to a min) but the charge bounces around on 3G/4G a lot and is mostly on 3G This is in my house only, it holds its connection just fine when I am out places with 4G. I will just use wifi when I am at home if it is an issue

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
are you sure you flashed the rom , touchwiz is gone

well if it is gone, I dont like this Interface either.....

And yes I Flashed your Rom, Just I think it could be better, and has alot of bloatware still...

And I have No data Connection really, im usually on 3G -D whatever that is or No service at all. I hit 4g for a hot second n thats all ever. Any Ideas?

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I came from a TB also, while I do like this phone better I will say the TB had better reception! A lot better. Not a deal breaker for me but in my house the TB would hold a 4G signal with 2 bars most of the time and sometimes drop to 3G sometimes or even 1X for a short time (few seconds to a min) but the charge bounces around on 3G/4G a lot and is mostly on 3G This is in my house only, it holds its connection just fine when I am out places with 4G. I will just use wifi when I am at home if it is an issue

So you like the Charge over the TB?? Any Main reasons why???

I Need a fast phone, doesnt lag, doesnt have reception issues or what not......

I loved My iphone. Only reason I gave it up is Cuz APPLE Sucks and there customer service is ****! and when you purchase a product from Apple YOU STILL DONT OWN IT!!! But other than that, these Iphones destroy these Smartphones who are trying to Compete. Just wish that these other phone companies would step there game up and learn a thing or 2.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
TB was so much worse with connection,, plus it was a brick, heavy boring screen messed up messaging, rooting was a PITA..etc

if you dont like the launcher use launcher pro , then go to prefrences>advanced>set the memory to high.

i put all the service bloat back because people used alot of the features. if you dont like the rom you should try gummy charge

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
TB was so much worse with connection,, plus it was a brick, heavy boring screen messed up messaging, rooting was a PITA..etc

if you dont like the launcher use launcher pro , then go to prefrences>advanced>set the memory to high.

i put all the service bloat back because people used alot of the features. if you dont like the rom you should try gummy charge

You prefer this phone over the TB much more???

And Its not that I dont like it, Im having SIngal Issues and having NO network, sorry for caps, just upset that I cant get a phone with good to Great signal.

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site

And Its not that I dont like it, Im having SIngal Issues and having NO network, sorry for caps, just upset that I cant get a phone with good to Great signal.

Have had limited to no issues with this phone regarding signal and network. Coming from an OG Droid.

jakeivan9

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to Altered Beast alpha 5, PBJT kernel with CWM 4.0.0.1, Voodoo Enabled! So far, so good :) So, this noob has a question:

I updated from ABv4 to v5 with PBJT, and wiped data with the change. Before, on v4, I backed up apps and data with Titanium backup. Can I safely restore that data despite the change to PBJT kernel and v5?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

i perfer it much much more, it was like a sigh of relief. i could never get data with the TB i would go 5 mins at a time with no signal, and with the charge i never drop either 4g or 3g i have signal. but im sure it has alot to do with verizon still trying to get 4g to where it should be.

I just updated to Altered Beast alpha 5, PBJT kernel with CWM 4.0.0.1, Voodoo Enabled! So far, so good :) So, this noob has a question:

I updated from ABv4 to v5 with PBJT, and wiped data with the change. Before, on v4, I backed up apps and data with Titanium backup. Can I safely restore that data despite the change to PBJT kernel and v5?

yeah just selecting missing apps +data

zman6900

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

That right there is a problem with the Charge in general. I had my first Charge for about 2 weeks before I warranty claim and I never made any hacks to it. It always dropped the data connection. This rom makes no difference for me. Still happens, and it's very freaking annoying! I think it has to do with Verizon putting up 4G near me. I bounce back and fourth all day and a lot of the times there's a 1-2 minute gap between switching. I hope they get it fixed soon.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
That right there is a problem with the Charge in general. I had my first Charge for about 2 weeks before I warranty claim and I never made any hacks to it. It always dropped the data connection. This rom makes no difference for me. Still happens, and it's very freaking annoying!

I never claimed the rom touched the radio/modem so i apologize to those having connectivity problems but yeah my rom shouldnt effect it

Reactions: zman6900
Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, like I said - I was having this problem before I flashed your rom so it can't AB's fault.

not blaming him, asking him for help , and asking if it did touch the radio. Maybe he can make a fix for us.

I know the TB had 2 Radios, one for each, how come this fone does not?

And is it better to have 2 radios?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
not blaming him, asking him for help , and asking if it did touch the radio. Maybe he can make a fix for us.

it does have as normal modem and binary code for LTE.
there is nothing i can do as far as modems. what baseband are you running?

zman6900

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

Honestly, I never use my radio so I feel 0 is just fine. lol And as for the ThunderBolt - Thought about it, laughed about it, forgot about it. :D

Connectivity problems are definitely on the VZ side.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle