[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

ryan_charge

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
So my mobile hotspot will not work anymore. Does anyone know how to fix it or of another app that will allow me to wireless tether to my Motorola xoom? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So my mobile hotspot will not work anymore. Does anyone know how to fix it or of another app that will allow me to wireless tether to my Motorola xoom? Thanks

Have you tried Wireless Tether yet? The newest beta version can be configured to give you an infrastructure connection for your Xoom. Google it, install the latest beta version, then go into settings and change device profile to Samsung Fascinate and change setup method to Softap for Samsung (master) and then you'll have an infrastructure connection. I also read though, that you can't use access control, so keep that disabled. Worked great for me when I was running AB on EE4 - haven't tried it on GB EP1F Gummy yet...

ryan_charge

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried Wireless Tether yet? The newest beta version can be configured to give you an infrastructure connection for your Xoom. Google it, install the latest beta version, then go into settings and change device profile to Samsung Fascinate and change setup method to Softap for Samsung (master) and then you'll have an infrastructure connection. I also read though, that you can't use access control, so keep that disabled. Worked great for me when I was running AB on EE4 - haven't tried it on GB EP1F Gummy yet...

Thanks it works like a charm. You rock!

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I gave up an wifi and have been using PdaNet for a while with no problems at all...

pda all the way..
i dont mean to hyjack thread but tonight Verizon tech offered me a charge for my fassy, i took the deal and pick up monday. as of now on pg 10 tryin to catch up so please slow down.lol

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Great build!

I am having issues with the wifi teather I downloaded from google. Are others having a similar issue? Should I try downloading barnacle wifi tethering?

I liked the simplicity from googles wifi teather.

Use PDAnet it works rooted or not and you have the options to hide hot spot usage..
all ya need is a usb cable that came with your phone

likuidxd

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
After I add AB 5 I cant get my gmail to push to my phone I have to refresh to see if I have new emails.. All the settings are right..

Do you have 'show new notifications' turned on in Gmail settings, 'Auto-Sync' and 'background data' checked in Accounts and sync under phone settings? Also make sure in manage accounts you are set up to sync. If you didn't use tb these may not have come over after the reset and flash

Reactions: dlc1163

dlc1163

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Do you have 'show new notifications' turned on in Gmail settings, 'Auto-Sync' and 'background data' checked in Accounts and sync under phone settings? Also make sure in manage accounts you are set up to sync. If you didn't use tb these may not have come over after the reset and flash

You are a Beast... Thanks for the help.. this was driving me FREAKING crazy I get emails for work all day long.. so I was ALWAYS having to go to my email and refresh them...... There is no way of saying thank you enough for the info..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad