[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
First thing I would check is your wireless network settings ....go to settings< wireless and networks <mobile network< system selection< and if its set to LTE automatic your device will constantly toggle back and forth between 4g and 3g according to availability which is a significant drag on your battery. I would encourage you to select CDMA only and next select auto when prompted this will keep your device on 3g and not constantly switch between 3/4g. Now simply follow the same steps and selelct LTE automatic when downloading to take full advantage of the 4g download speed. IME this makes a noticeable improvement in battery life.

Rice923

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I must be mistaken or something, but I can't find the AB tar.md5 file. I downloaded the files called "AlteredBeastAlpha5.zip" and "altered_beast_4.1.1.zip" and I unzipped them. Couldn't find any tar.md5 file anywhere.

Somebody please help me out and point me in the right direction!

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
You need to install 4.0. then transfer the Zip file to your Sdcard
then what you do is use quick boot and boot into recovery
Then You install the zip from sdcard.. install the AB5 zip and it will flash automatically
thus keeping the rooted OS.

bozy82

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
You need to install 4.0. then transfer the Zip file to your Sdcard
then what you do is use quick boot and boot into recovery
Then You install the zip from sdcard.. install the AB5 zip and it will flash automatically
thus keeping the rooted OS.
That is assuming that Rice923 already installed CWM and a rooted kernel. If he hasn't then there are few more steps involved to get ABv5 installed. I'm new to the forum so you may already know him/her and understand his situation so forgive me if that is the case.

Kevin

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
That is assuming that Rice923 already installed CWM and a rooted kernel. If he hasn't then there are few more steps involved to get ABv5 installed. I'm new to the forum so you may already know him/her and understand his situation so forgive me if that is the case.

Kevin

if you install AB4 it already has all that embedded and installed in the OS. So he wont have to do any of that.

Just install AB4 using Odin and Download Mode with your cellphone and then do what I stated.

Rice923

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have rooted already so i'll transfer the zip to my sd card and flash using odin. I do not have any roms on it. Im still stock aside from root. Thanks for the help and ill do it tonight.

Im kind of new to the forum (as well as android itself) so any help is much appreciated

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have rooted already so i'll transfer the zip to my sd card and flash using odin. I do not have any roms on it. Im still stock aside from root. Thanks for the help and ill do it tonight.

Im kind of new to the forum (as well as android itself) so any help is much appreciated

1.no install the zip to your SD
2.then you use quick boot to boot to recovery.
3. then install zip from sd card
4.then click on the AB5 Zip file
5.then yes on the AB5 FIle
6. It loads and restarts fone

Then your fone will be fresh!

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
i've gone up and down this site a dozen times.. no where have i found in any alteredbeast zip's the tar file for using odin.. am i going mad?!? i must be.. in no way am i trying to sound neg.. help.. i had altered beast on my original droid and loved it and sooo would love it on my charge.. have yet to get anywhere close to getting cw recovery to work on charge, and have successfully used odin 3 times now.. again, i've looked thru every zip i could download and do not see the file in the screen shots of odin to install the image.. i know i'm missing a link somewhere.. another set of eyes to show me the path.. thanks, you all rock..

sincerely yours,
a crazed and blind fan..

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i've gone up and down this site a dozen times.. no where have i found in any alteredbeast zip's the tar file for using odin.. am i going mad?!? i must be.. in no way am i trying to sound neg.. help.. i had altered beast on my original droid and loved it and sooo would love it on my charge.. have yet to get anywhere close to getting cw recovery to work on charge, and have successfully used odin 3 times now.. again, i've looked thru every zip i could download and do not see the file in the screen shots of odin to install the image.. i know i'm missing a link somewhere.. another set of eyes to show me the path.. thanks, you all rock..

sincerely yours,
a crazed and blind fan..

I could not find an ODIN file anywhere either. I even checked the thread over at XDA, but could only find an ODIN file of AB3, which does you no good. Looks like the only way to flash AB right now is through CWM. What problem are you having with getting CWM on the Charge? When you flash the CWM file in ODIN make sure you have the auto reboot box UNCHECKED so the phone does not boot up. This is because since you are most likely still stock, the stock recovery will overwrite the CWM on boot up. When you uncheck the auto reboot box, unplug the USB cord when ODIN finishes, then hold the power, volume up, and home buttons until you see the samsung logo flash for the second time. Let go of all three buttons as soon as you see the samsung logo for the second time and you will boot directly to CWM. From there you can wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, and flash AB5 then reboot phone.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
[INFO]THREAD INDEX:
POST #1 = ROM info and download
POST #2 = How to extract a compressed file
POST #3 = Directions on flashing odin written and visual
POST #4 = TroubleShooting
POST #5 = Credits
[/INFO]
[WARN]Android Central, jt1134, nor myself are responsible for modification done to your phone. This includes, bricking, exploding, spontaneous combustion, or it running away with your significant other!!!
[NOTE]
EXTRA SPECIAL THANKS TO jt1134 FOR DEVELOPING THE FIRST VOODOO KERNEL. NOTE I WAS NOT INVOLVED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS KERNEL.
[/NOTE]
This Rom is SUPER ALPHA so do not tell me that you want this or that give me a chance to work on it please.[/WARN]​
[Note]
This ROM is fully Deodexed, but only Partially debloated as time goes on i will keep debloating deeper and deeper.

List of thing to do:

ED2 update
Full Deodex
Full Debloat
Black Status Bar
Dark themed Market
Dark google search
Change Colors on touchwiz theme (Work in progress but accomplished)
Remove touchwiz launcher
Replace Launcher (Launcher Pro for now)
Quickboot app (to boot into clockwork)
AOSP unlock screen (courtesy of nitsuj17)
Accurate battery mod (courtesy of nitsuj17)
Clockwork recovery (Modified by jt1134 )
Voodoo ext4 lagfix (courtesty of jt1134)
Dark Angel USB Mod
Themed Dialer
Themed Swype
Altered Beasts Themed Dock and Icons
Transparent notification pull down
Animated text notifications
Power button boot options[/note]
[INFO]THIS IS THE GOAL TO WHAT THIS ROM WILL LOOK LIKE, IT IS NOT THERE YET SO DONT ASK WHY IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE THIS PLEASE
connected.png

mounted.png

example1.png

example2.png
example3.png

HERE IS A VIDEO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ASK IF THERE IS LAG
[/INFO]

Altered Beast Alpha 5 (to be flashed in CWM) this does not contain a kernel but is a full system flash not a patch

[info]Change log 6/20
Hulu
voodoo control app
alot of themeing by gunner and myself
new tv shutdown animation that i modded up
charging fixed
aosp launcher themed up by me
Teamnew widget added
Androphile wallpapers added
icons added to /system/icons may need ES explorer or root explorer to get to them

For those of you who dont know how to use clockwork there is plenty of info on this site, otherwise wait till tonight or tomorrow and i will be opening a new altered beast thread as this one is cluttered[/info]

Patch update to altered_beast_4.1.1 (to be flashed in CWM)
For instructions on how to flash with clockwork--> http://forum.androidcentral.com/cha...89908-how-using-cwm-voodoo-june-5-2011-a.html
Download Altered Beast 4.1.1

[INFO]Change log: 6/7/11
Menu options carbon fiber removed
Other touchwiz poop colors removed, More to come
Please all thanks to gunnermike53 for his hard work in themeing this he spent hours with me (poor guy) working on getting this done. If possible throw him a donation so he can get a charge and make themes for us.

Apps added:
Crutch.apk (allows downloading of previously unsupported file types)
Appwidgetpicker.apk (stacks widgets when there is multiples sizes or options)

[WARN]
Also if you are having problems with the theme, please take and post screenshots otherwise it is very hard to see what you are experiencing. Help us help you :)[/WARN] [/INFO]

[INFO]Change log: 5/31
themed quickpanel
themed swype
themed menu and popups
Accurate battery
Please all thanks to gunnermike53 for his hard work in themeing this he spent hours with me (poor guy) working on getting this done. If possible throw him a donation so he can get a charge and make themes for us.

shutdown animation added
Also thanks to Jaekar for helping me out with the shutdown animations

[WARN]If you are already running voodoo this may disable it on boot so listen to her voice, simply scroll to voodoo and select enable lagfix when you reach clockwork for the first time, after you hit enable lagfix you can reboot and it will convert again.

Also if you are having problems with the theme, please take and post screenshots otherwise it is very hard to see what you are experiencing. Help us help you :)[/WARN] [/INFO]

[INFO]Change log: 5/27
Clock fixed
Voice input fixed
Partially themed
Flying windows added[/INFO]

[INFO]
Change log:5/26

Calendar fixed
Visual voicemail fixed
Dark Angel USB mod made
Carbon fiber quickpanel added[/INFO]

Hulu Patch: (Flash with clockwork)
AlteredBeast_Hulu_patch.zip

apks : (move to /system/app folder then reboot your device)
Calendarprovider.apk
VVMservices.apk
DeskCradle.apk
GoogleCalendarsyncAdapter.apk To fix Calendar problems
Clock app ( now stop complaining about it :) )

its on the first page. install 4.1 with odin and the 5 with clockworks

OK, above your quote is the entire first post from this thread. Please show me where you see a link for 4.1 to be flashed in ODIN. I see a version 4.1.1 which is a patch to be flashed in CWM and I see a version 5 to be flashed in CWM. I must be blind because I don't see an ODIN flashable ROM file for 4.1.

chin2334

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I installed ab5 but now it wont connect to my wireless router it say connection failed any ideas?

Ok switched router to wpa works fine now.

Last edited:

jmaz268

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Came over from the droidx forums...

Well ran the root/rom....

I keep getting a pop up for a system update, but the update is for what is running on the phone. Says I can't make any calls....bla bla bla...

but If I select update, restarts phone, starts the update and then freezes....gives me the explanation mark and about 15-20%.

But can still make calls...

any thoughts?

dttuner

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Backed-Up Contacts

Hello,

I recently wiped and re-flashed my Samsung Charge.
Prior to the wipe I went into my contacts and performed a "Backup Sync."
Now, after re-flash, I no longer have that option.

What Sync ap is this that I used?
How do I recover my contacts?

EDIT - After much research, I believe the application was Verizon's "Backup Assistant."
However, I am unable to download the app, or find it anywhere online.

Am I correct, and if so, how can I get the app?
Im unable to get my contacts!

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Backed-Up Contacts

Hello,

I recently wiped and re-flashed my Samsung Charge.
Prior to the wipe I went into my contacts and performed a "Backup Sync."
Now, after re-flash, I no longer have that option.

What Sync ap is this that I used?
How do I recover my contacts?

EDIT - After much research, I believe the application was Verizon's "Backup Assistant."
However, I am unable to download the app, or find it anywhere online.

Am I correct, and if so, how can I get the app?
Im unable to get my contacts!

Most of the custom ROMs remove verizon backup assistant. You can log into your verizon account on your computer, down along the right side of the page you will see backup assistant. Click on that and you will be taken to a page where you will see all your contacts. In the header for the contacts list should be a tab that reads options, click that and choose to export the contacts I believe to email. This should create a CSV file. Log into your gmail account on your computer, click on contacts, and import the CSV file. Your contacts should then sync to your phone.

dttuner

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Backed-Up Contacts

Most of the custom ROMs remove verizon backup assistant. You can log into your verizon account on your computer, down along the right side of the page you will see backup assistant. Click on that and you will be taken to a page where you will see all your contacts. In the header for the contacts list should be a tab that reads options, click that and choose to export the contacts I believe to email. This should create a CSV file. Log into your gmail account on your computer, click on contacts, and import the CSV file. Your contacts should then sync to your phone.

A simple, elegant solution that worked.

Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae