[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

dabomb420

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Loving Alpha Release, Thanks again!

Just flashed my Charge and i haven't Been this excited since i flashed my first Rom, process was smooth and painless, thank you for letting me know voodoo takes a bit to convert, i also enjoyed the added sound effects while waiting. This is my first time using launcher pro, and i must say that it feels quick, and and am happily enjoying all the added tweaks and customizations, I'm falling for my phone all over again. I will be testing it all night, i will report anything i find problematic to my usage.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
[INFO]
xxxxxxx ALPHA BUILD ADDED, EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE LIKING IT SO FAR, PLEASE REMEMBER ITS STILL INCOMPLETE BUT FULLY FUNCTIONAL. PLEASE ENJOY xxxxxxx​
[/INFO]​

asenduk

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
[INFO]
xxxxxxx ALPHA BUILD ADDED, EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE LIKING IT SO FAR, PLEASE REMEMBER ITS STILL INCOMPLETE BUT FULLY FUNCTIONAL. PLEASE ENJOY xxxxxxx​
[/INFO]​

so far, everything i tested works!!!
i had problems coming from imnuts debloated though.. was unable to boot to recovery and download from the market, so i figured flashing Altered Beast would fix it... turns out flashing this kept all my user data so i still had the same issues.. had to revert back to rooted ed1, hard reset and then flash Altered Beast.. now everything is all good!!!!!!
will continue to test throughout the day and thank you!

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey DroidXcon...Not sure if you made any changes from the one I ran last night, but every thing I have thrown at it is working very good. I pretty much have done every thing that I would do to my stock rom on a daily basis and have had no problems at all...I would go as far as to say that this is the best alpha build I have tried for any device. Usually there are numerous bugs and such, but yours seems to be very clean man...Keep up the good work...You got any thing else for me to test today PM me and ill do it for ya...I do have a few suggestions that I will PM you when I get some extra time on my hands...Work has been hell today so I havent got to play with my phone much.

lawmage

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Converted over from the ED2 debloat ROM. I'm getting an error on the Launcher Pro screen stating "There are no calendars selected!" and I see no way to actually choose one. (Had to reselect contacts and gmail under accounts to sync, but no calendar option). None of the calendar apps that I have can see google calendars anymore as an option to sync to.

edit: The error itself is coming from (I believe) a calendar app that I have that cannot see google calendar. Anyone else successfully syncing their calendars?

edit2: had to factory reset to remove and re-add my google account. Getting a force close on android.process.acore when attempting to sync. Also, only "contacts" are showing up as syncable, not calendar. Is this because the OEM calendar was removed? I didn't see gmail as an option to sync until I added the gmail application back through market.

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Important Server Information
Regarding Downloads: As many of you have noticed, the original download links are broken. This is because we went WAY over the monthly bandwidth limit allocated for the server. I am currently migrating all files to the new server and DroidXcon will update the links as soon as they are ready. This new server has "unlimited" bandwidth. Let's see how long it takes for them to impose an arbitrary limit on us LMFAO.

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Converted over from the ED2 debloat ROM. I'm getting an error on the Launcher Pro screen stating "There are no calendars selected!" and I see no way to actually choose one. (Had to reselect contacts and gmail under accounts to sync, but no calendar option). None of the calendar apps that I have can see google calendars anymore as an option to sync to.

edit: The error itself is coming from (I believe) a calendar app that I have that cannot see google calendar. Anyone else successfully syncing their calendars?

edit2: had to factory reset to remove and re-add my google account. Getting a force close on android.process.acore when attempting to sync. Also, only "contacts" are showing up as syncable, not calendar. Is this because the OEM calendar was removed? I didn't see gmail as an option to sync until I added the gmail application back through market.

I beleive it may be due to google calendar or OEM being removed. I just noticed this when I went to check my appointments for my physcial therapy and there was no calendar....Tried downloading smooth calendar from the market and it will not sync, the actual widget is saying " no calendar found or corrupt data" so it looks like it may have to be added back to the rom in order to sync your backup data for the calendar. I am sure he will look into this once he gets a chance.

Last edited:

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Ok I know most people dont need it but I have to have visual voice mail back. Is there anyway I can download the apk or something. I have to have it for work. Cant use Google Voice as it does not work for some reason.

Thanks for everything by the way.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
@Every1

I hope you are all enjoying the build , im sorry about the little bloatware quirks but thats what happens when you debloat for the masses what is important to you may not be important for other and vice versa. I will post apks for VVM and calendar in the OP and include those two in the future builds.

Also Is there anyone that is a really good writer. please contact me by PM if you think you are.

Thanks so much for trying out my rom

Reactions: dspolen

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok I know most people dont need it but I have to have visual voice mail back. Is there anyway I can download the apk or something. I have to have it for work. Cant use Google Voice as it does not work for some reason.

Thanks for everything by the way.

are you not able to dial *86...or do you just prefer visual voice mail...I used to use it, but it takes up memory and cost 2.99 a month so I said to hell with hit.

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
@Every1

I hope you are all enjoying the build , im sorry about the little bloatware quirks but thats what happens when you debloat for the masses what is important to you may not be important for other and vice versa. I will post apks for VVM and calendar in the OP and include those two in the future builds.

Also Is there anyone that is a really good writer. please contact me by PM if you think you are.

Thanks so much for trying out my rom

You should just post the apk and give the option of the person flashing, the decision to add them back or not. I know a lot of rom builders do it this way, that way you have a base rom the way you prefer and just post the files for download for anyone that might need some thing back. No reason why that wouldn't work out. Unless it's some thing that can't be easily added back with an .apk then I would understand, but if it's a simple task of the end user adding it back themselves I say leave it like that.

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
are you not able to dial *86...or do you just prefer visual voice mail...I used to use it, but it takes up memory and cost 2.99 a month so I said to hell with hit.

I can do that yes. I just sell Verizon Wireless phones so I use it to show what it is. 2.99 is a rip off I know. I really use it everyday though so I need it. Unless you have a suggestion on how to get Google Voice Mail to work. I have it installed and can make and receive calls, but when I set up the Voice Mail part it says Service Provider not supported.

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
You should just post the apk and give the option of the person flashing, the decision to add them back or not. I know a lot of rom builders do it this way, that way you have a base rom the way you prefer and just post the files for download for anyone that might need some thing back. No reason why that wouldn't work out. Unless it's some thing that can't be easily added back with an .apk then I would understand, but if it's a simple task of the end user adding it back themselves I say leave it like that.

+1 I like to have a base as well. But I do need the calender and VVM. I also like the stock music player.

Anyway I tried to install the Calender and VVM(THANK YOU). I downloaded to my computer and sent them to myself in gmail. It said install which I did for both and both failed. Did I do it wrong?

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I can do that yes. I just sell Verizon Wireless phones so I use it to show what it is. 2.99 is a rip off I know. I really use it everyday though so I need it. Unless you have a suggestion on how to get Google Voice Mail to work. I have it installed and can make and receive calls, but when I set up the Voice Mail part it says Service Provider not supported.

I never use google voice,so I would be no help there man...I understand what you are saying though, gotta sell your product...What's that saying "gotta spend money to make money"...LOL..i think I will look into google voice as alot of people use it..If I find a solution I'll let you know.

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
+1 I like to have a base as well. But I do need the calender and VVM. I also like the stock music player.

Anyway I tried to install the Calender and VVM(THANK YOU). I downloaded to my computer and sent them to myself in gmail. It said install which I did for both and both failed. Did I do it wrong?

I beleive you have to put the .apk's in the system/app folder than reset your device, don't install just reset it should load on reboot...Some one correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

use a root explorer or any other explorer the supports root, and just move the apk so the /system/app folder then reboot your device

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I never use google voice,so I would be no help there man...I understand what you are saying though, gotta sell your product...What's that saying "gotta spend money to make money"...LOL..i think I will look into google voice as alot of people use it..If I find a solution I'll let you know.

Thank you Sir

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt