[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Registered here specifically to say "THANK YOU"!!!

The hard work y'all do is simply amazing! Brings me back to my "Blue Box" days....

I'm having the same problem as others regarding the Calendar app...it's something I do use, and I'd like to be able to have that one back.

I've done the /system/app thing, and rebooted several times, also done a factory wipe and reinstalled my google acct, and still no calendar.

I'll try a direct install - any other help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

If you have any experience with sdk you can try the following

1) open CMD
2) switch directories to your adb (mine is c:\android\platform-tools)
3) type this one at a time:
adb remount
adb push c:\CalenderProvider.apk /system/app/CalenderProvider.apk (the c:\ part is where the apk is located)

On a different note, the gmail apk is missing from the rom. No biggie. I just had to dl it from the market.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Def not just you , the dummy who is building this rom wanted to see what people thought of blue so he put it together in mspaint lol , what a dummy..

lol its an alpha build i didnt think it would be that important i figured i could just patch framework up later. this was enough to get people away from stock

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
anyone on that has the vvm or calendar problem?

i am still having the calendar issue. i am going to remove everthing and start over. i was putting the calendar apk and the sync apk in the app folder then installing a third party calendar afterwards. so i am going to reverse the procedure and try that if not maybe try doing it with adb if that doesnt work.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

ColSaulTigh

May 26, 2011
Visit site
If you have any experience with sdk you can try the following

1) open CMD
2) switch directories to your adb (mine is c:\android\platform-tools)
3) type this one at a time:
adb remount
adb push c:\CalenderProvider.apk /system/app/CalenderProvider.apk (the c:\ part is where the apk is located)

On a different note, the gmail apk is missing from the rom. No biggie. I just had to dl it from the market.

I haven't played with SDK yet, but I guess today is a good day to learn!

I'll install it tonight when I get home from work. Thanks for the tip :D

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Can you explain exactly how you got the calendar working?

I can't get it working for the life of me.

Thanks!

All I did was download the apk which went to my sd download file. Then opened it up, hit install, then it just installed automatically. It just worked. I did not move it at all. I do have a third party calender which is Business Calendar(paid) plus I have Launcher Pro Plus which gives you the ability to have a widget for a calendar. Both worked. It started syncing right away. I still dont have the stock calendar but I never used that anyway.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
u forgottttttt to make the notification bar transparent

but i already told you that :)
Put up a screen shot so I can see what DroidXcon has done with the notification pulldown and I will swap it out when I get the framework-res.apk from DroidXcon to work on a mod for him ;) (I'm running a Samsung Epic 4g so I can't flash it..)

I want to get to bed soon , as is im only going to sleep 3 hours, i was working on this all night
Ahh the life of a inspiring ROM dev... Good stuff isn't it? DroidXcon, I've spent so many hours starring at my screen trying to figure out things while playing dev its not even funny... I know where your coming from...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Put up a screen shot so I can see what DroidXcon has done with the notification pulldown and I will swap it out when I get the framework-res.apk from DroidXcon to work on a mod for him ;) (I'm running a Samsung Epic 4g so I can't flash it..)

Ahh the life of a inspiring ROM dev... Good stuff isn't it? DroidXcon, I've spent so many hours starring at my screen trying to figure out things while playing dev its not even funny... I know where your coming from...

lol i fixed the transparency and i added dark angel USB mod i made up lol. appearently i have to much time on my hands...check out the first 3 pictures of the OP

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks and how can I donate to your starbucks fund. Not only did u hook us up. But you made it simple stupid for the fake arsse geeks like myself. Will give it a try over the long weekend.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks and how can I donate to your starbucks fund. Not only did u hook us up. But you made it simple stupid for the fake arsse geeks like myself. Will give it a try over the long weekend.

Thanks so much, you can click on the word "buy" in my signature. Enjoy and let me know if you need further help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz