Visit site
What did I do wrong?

here are my steps.
1) download rom filename: ABeastA2_DXC.tar.md5
2) ODIN successful
3) start up.

CwM Voodoo Lagfix recovery comes up...

Error:

E:Missing bitmap icon_clockwork (Code -1)

I am powering it off for now...

nothing if you read the directions it says to hit reboot on that screen bitmap icon is a picture its just missing jt didnt include it. ignore it

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with voice to speech? The little microphone button in swype isn't doing anything. =(

I just noticed that it is also missing from the samsung keyboard as well. After reading your post I went to send a text message to my wife and the microphone button is gone from the keyboard. When I go to settings the option to enable it is there but it is greyed out with the box checked but tapping on it does nothing. Seems some thing related to it was removed from the last build. I only use it when I am driving and have to send a text, but besides that I don't use it that often but it does help keep me from crashing when I drive. Becuase I hate driving and texting with my hands, I will not do it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that it is also missing from the samsung keyboard as well. After reading your post I went to send a text message to my wife and the microphone button is gone from the keyboard. When I go to settings the option to enable it is there but it is greyed out with the box checked but tapping on it does nothing. Seems some thing related to it was removed from the last build. I only use it when I am driving and have to send a text, but besides that I don't use it that often but it does help keep me from crashing when I drive. Becuase I hate driving and texting with my hands, I will not do it.

Itll be working in the next build along with clock and flying windows

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Itll be working in the next build along with clock and flying windows

Aint it fun building roms....LOL...I used to do it for my Omnia one and two, and spent many a nights racking my frickin brain till the wee ours of the morning. My wife was always upset with me because I spent more time on my comp than I did with her...LOL..Although I never shared my roms I did enjoy it, just the lack of sleep really sucked...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Aint it fun building roms....LOL...I used to do it for my Omnia one and two, and spent many a nights racking my frickin brain till the wee ours of the morning. My wife was always upset with me because I spent more time on my comp than I did with her...LOL..Although I never shared my roms I did enjoy it, just the lack of sleep really sucked...

Yeah i havnt slept much since ive started this , its kind of getting out of hand lol, glad its a long weekend coming up.

graphikzking

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm so pissed. Not because it's not working.. but because I feel like I'm the dumbest person on this forum.

On my car forums I'm the one that helps everyone. This is my first droid phone and can't figure it out.

I install Odin, it goes through installed Altered Beast etc. I get the reboot and hit reboot.

Then it locks up on the Red Droid Screen. I let it sit there for a solid 30 minutes. Finally I held in the power button and restarted it.

It boots up and looks fine. Goes to the locked screen. I slide and unlock it then the whole screen is blank except the clock at the time. I can drag the top bar down and see the connection/update option but I can't get anything else to pop up.

I'm on build ED1 maybe that is my problem? Do I have to install ALL the apk files that are in the first post or can I just do them later? If this works, I'm definitely a donator!!! I've helped to donate time, money, parts for our car forums and hope to one day be a contributor on here as well.

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm so pissed. Not because it's not working.. but because I feel like I'm dumber than every other person on this forum.

On my car forums I'm the one that helps everyone. This is my first droid phone and can't figure it out.

I install Odin, it goes through installed Altered Beast etc. I get the reboot and hit reboot.

Then it locks up on the Red Droid Screen. I let it sit there for a solid 30 minutes. Finally I held in the power button and restarted it.

It boots up and looks fine. Goes to the locked screen. I slide and unlock it then the whole screen is blank except the clock at the time. I can drag the top bar down and see the connection/update option but I can't get anything else to pop up.

I'm on build ED1 maybe that is my problem? Do I have to install ALL the apk files that are in the first post or can I just do them later? If this works, I'm definitely a donator!!! I've helped to donate time, money, parts for our car forums and hope to one day be a contributor on here as well.

When you put your battery back in your phone after flashing, and you get the the red clockwork recovery screen have you tried clearing(wiping) your cache before rebooting? It should not matter what build your are on ED1 or ED2.. I did my first flash from ED1 with no probs. Try clearing your cache before you reboot.

graphikzking

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So when it goes to the red/black voodoo text.. hit "clear cache"?

The first time I just hit "restart" Then after posting here I tried to rerun Odin etc and selected Factory Reset and it worked.

I didn't do that. I did hit the "factory reset option" and that did the trick as well.

I'm wondering if since i didn't clear the cache maybe it's going to be buggier than normal?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Lienus

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I have a question. First, though, I want to thank DroidXcon for all the hard work. I'm loving it and as soon as I can I plan to donate! Also big thanks to everyone along the way offering tips to people like me who are rather new to this!

On that note, here is my question. Last night I downloaded the clock apk and wasn't able to move it to my /system/app folder (using root explorer) because it said, "file system is read-only". Well this morning I updated to the newest version with the clock, so that took care of that, and downloaded the netflix apk from xda with hopes that it'll work on my Charge now that it's rooted but again I can't move it to the app folder because I'm getting the same read-only message. Did I miss a step when using Odin? Seems I don't quite have root access, but I'm jumping to my own conclusion. I'm learning as I go, if anyone happens to have any info I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

dabomb420

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey DroidXcon i think the file i mean upload of it may be corrupted megapupload wont let me download it it starts fast till it freezes around 11.3 megs. its making me very frustrated as i first thought it was just my computer till i tried in on other devices,, Is anyone else having this issue on the alpha 3 download, i hope we can get a re upload on this, I'm Dying to flash it. Thanks

UPDATE: using Mega manager addon in firefox, i was able to download it to 235 out of 236 several times before it freezes in the download ? im getting mad like the HULK when his chocolate milk is taken away

Last edited:

rmreagle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I have a question. First, though, I want to thank DroidXcon for all the hard work. I'm loving it and as soon as I can I plan to donate! Also big thanks to everyone along the way offering tips to people like me who are rather new to this!

On that note, here is my question. Last night I downloaded the clock apk and wasn't able to move it to my /system/app folder (using root explorer) because it said, "file system is read-only". Well this morning I updated to the newest version with the clock, so that took care of that, and downloaded the netflix apk from xda with hopes that it'll work on my Charge now that it's rooted but again I can't move it to the app folder because I'm getting the same read-only message. Did I miss a step when using Odin? Seems I don't quite have root access, but I'm jumping to my own conclusion. I'm learning as I go, if anyone happens to have any info I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

before pasting the apk into your system/app folder you have to click the mount r/w button at the top of root explorer when you're in the folder you are trying to paste into.

r/o - read only
r/w - read/write

Reactions: Lienus

Lienus

May 27, 2011
Visit site
before pasting the apk into your system/app folder you have to click the mount r/w button at the top of root explorer when you're in the folder you are trying to paste into.

r/o - read only
r/w - read/write

Thank you very much. :)

Edit: Was able to get Netflix to launch, but get booted out when trying to log in, was worth a try hehe. If anyone cares to take a stab at it here's the link to the apk from xda. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1076150

Last edited:

azenalex

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Worked for me! You're my hero =P

Theming looks awesome btw. Love the signal strength and battery indicators.

If someone could figure out how to disable VVM but still let me long press 1 to dial VM I'd be 100% happy (Until then I'm 99.9% satisfied =)

Either way I'm buying you a beer!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke