[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Worked for me! You're my hero =P

Theming looks awesome btw. Love the signal strength and battery indicators.

If someone could figure out how to disable VVM but still let me long press 1 to dial VM I'd be 100% happy (Until then I'm 99.9% satisfied =)

Either way I'm buying you a beer!

Thanks glad you like it :)...., any way you can upload and make a mirror it for others since my link is not working got some .

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

dabomb420

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
well its all good now

I guess mega upload was only on the fritz for me, as i finally got it downloaded, thanks and DroidXcon,thanks and keep this amazing work up, and another Macchiato will be on its way.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

ColSaulTigh

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for all you do!

I'm getting ready to flash from V2 to V3 now. So far, so good! Thanks for putting the calendar back in - that one drove me crazy yesteday...

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
DroidXcon, you're awesome! This rom looks amazing! I'll be getting my Charge in a week and I can't wait to load this on it, first thing! I was wondering if the hidden menus will still work with this rom? I have to be able to disable that lock screen, I can't stand it.
This rom definitely has some much needed improvements over stock - mainly the color - the brown and orange color scheme is probably the ugliest I've seen on any phone yet! I can not understand what possessed Samsung to settle on that color scheme, but maybe that's just the girly in me talking :) Any chance that there will be a pink rom or theme developed for this phone?? I waited and waited for one for the Fascinate and it never happened :-( I would DEFINITELY be willing to pay even more dough to see my Charge rockin some pink!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon, you're awesome! This rom looks amazing! I'll be getting my Charge in a week and I can't wait to load this on it, first thing! I was wondering if the hidden menus will still work with this rom? I have to be able to disable that lock screen, I can't stand it.
This rom definitely has some much needed improvements over stock - mainly the color - the brown and orange color scheme is probably the ugliest I've seen on any phone yet! I can not understand what possessed Samsung to settle on that color scheme, but maybe that's just the girly in me talking :) Any chance that there will be a pink rom or theme developed for this phone?? I waited and waited for one for the Fascinate and it never happened :-( I would DEFINITELY be willing to pay even more dough to see my Charge rockin some pink!

JULIE!!!! where have you been , glad to see you headed over, I have gunnermike working on some themes so yeah i think you can flash a pink theme over this rom ..

so you dont want it to have a lock screen you just want to hit the power button and go directly to the home screen is what you are saying? ill talk to talk to someone about that mod if you wish.

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
JULIE!!!! where have you been , glad to see you headed over, I have gunnermike working on some themes so yeah i think you can flash a pink theme over this rom ..

Glad to be back! Had to take a break from my favorite hobby for a little while, then made the HUGE mistake of using my upgrade to get a TBolt ....needless to say, I went back to my beloved Fascinate and in a week my brother is going to let me use his upgrade to get the Charge. A pink theme to flash over this rom - say it ain't so! I'm so excited!!!!!!!

so you dont want it to have a lock screen you just want to hit the power button and go directly to the home screen is what you are saying? ill talk to talk to someone about that mod if you wish.
Yes, I don't want a lock screen at all, I want to be able to push any button on the phone and have it wake up to no lock screen - I can't stand having to unlock my phone every time I want to use it.
I already tested the hidden menus on the Charge and was able to successfully disable the lock screen (menu option "Shutdown") and the full battery pop up (although I haven't had a chance to see if the full battery pop up was actually successfully disabled or not), so was just wondering if anything was altered in this rom by way of the hidden menus that would cause them not to work after I flash it.

cwalter9

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks DroidX, you rock as always! Installed A1 then A2 and now on A3, each one gets better and better, great work. The only thing I notice not working on mine but I will live with it until it happens to get fixed or just live with it. I have not been able to voice dial from my jawbone bluetooth. On the Fascinate I had to load the EvilNuance apk to get it to work but I didn't even see Nuance on stock so I don't think the Charge comes with Nuance at all. Any ideas, and if the answer is to live with it, that is cool, everything else is great.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Glad to be back! Had to take a break from my favorite hobby for a little while, then made the HUGE mistake of using my upgrade to get a TBolt ....needless to say, I went back to my beloved Fascinate and in a week my brother is going to let me use his upgrade to get the Charge. A pink theme to flash over this rom - say it ain't so! I'm so excited!!!!!!!

Yes, I don't want a lock screen at all, I want to be able to push any button on the phone and have it wake up to no lock screen - I can't stand having to unlock my phone every time I want to use it.
I already tested the hidden menus on the Charge and was able to successfully disable the lock screen (menu option "Shutdown") and the full battery pop up (although I haven't had a chance to see if the full battery pop up was actually successfully disabled or not), so was just wondering if anything was altered in this rom by way of the hidden menus that would cause them not to work after I flash it.

there was a change to thepolicy.jar file for the AOSP lock but not sure if that will effect it, where did you get instructions on hidden menus?

Thanks DroidX, you rock as always! Installed A1 then A2 and now on A3, each one gets better and better, great work. The only thing I notice not working on mine but I will live with it until it happens to get fixed or just live with it. I have not been able to voice dial from my jawbone bluetooth. On the Fascinate I had to load the EvilNuance apk to get it to work but I didn't even see Nuance on stock so I don't think the Charge comes with Nuance at all. Any ideas, and if the answer is to live with it, that is cool, everything else is great.

yeah i didnt see nuance on here either and i dont have any bluetooth devices to check it out , ill see if i can get ahold of one this weekend and see what i find.

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
there was a change to thepolicy.jar file for the AOSP lock but not sure if that will effect it, where did you get instructions on hidden menus?

Go to Dialer and enter *#83786633, then press the home key
Go back into the Dialer, clear those numbers, then *#22745927
Now a screen will appear asking for the SPC Code, enter 000000
Press the Hiddenmenu Enable radio button, then press home button

To disable the lock screen (and power down pop up), go back into the Dialer and use the code *#7594#, select Shutdown and press the Home button. This, I have confirmed, does work on the Charge.

There is also the option to disable the full battery pop up, but I'm not sure if it actually works or not (I'll be able to find out later tonight). *#3844228#. It allows you to disable it, but the option never actually worked on my Fascinate, so I don't know if it will work on the Charge.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

To disable the lock screen (and power down pop up), go back into the Dialer and use the code *#7594#, select Shutdown and press the Home button. This, I have confirmed, does work on the Charge.

There is also the option to disable the full battery pop up, but I'm not sure if it actually works or not (I'll be able to find out later tonight). *#3844228#. It allows you to disable it, but the option never actually worked on my Fascinate, so I don't know if it will work on the Charge.

I love when women speak Geekanese :D

cwalter9

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just tested this on my Charge with Alpha 3 and it did in fact remove the lock screen. It would take a while to charge my battery full. Will test in the morning if no one else has.

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure that I like the no lock screen though. I could see it unlocking and droid doing things in my pocket.

It's definitely not for pocket dwelling Droids, that's for sure, especially with the physical buttons on the Charge, they make it even easier to wake the phone up. I don't have that issue, my phones have a little pocket in my purse that does not arouse them awake, so I like the perk of not having to deal with the lock screen.

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

+ 1 would love to have no lock screen

--
Best regards,

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE Samsung Droid Charge

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

I understand this works for a no lock screen but I don't want to disable the pop up power down/ restart. Is there a way to do just the lock screen?

--
Best regards,

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE Samsung Droid Charge

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle