[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Gonna give this a shot. The Charge seems to be a great phone with two exceptions: battery life and data reception. I hope this ROM will improve these issues a little!

droid-ed

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait to try this ROM. Currently I'm on rooted/gingersnapped ED1 ROM.

Have removed some of the bloatware by simply removing the app files. Still can't remove some other bloatware.

Anyway, the part that I really like about my current state is that I have two Exchange email accounts (from two different businesses) working flawlessly. It is syncing everything emails, contacts, and calendars. This is in addition to bunch of other email accounts (gmail, yahoo and others). No touchdown, no other hack, nothing special. It's great.

So I hesitate to do something that will break what is working now.

It is kind of annoying that I have to keep ignoring the ED2 update reminder which pops up once in a while (usually after a reboot). But it shuts off after a few "Install Later" answers.

So bottomline, is there a risk of losing any of my email account setup, while doing this ROM replacement? It will help me decide when to do it. Whether I need to wait for the next weekend or it can be an evening effort?

Thanks a lot for everything you do, DroidXcon and others!!

nwman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
AllShare

I installed Altered Beast, which is great, but I notice that AllShare is missing. Since I have a Samsung TV and a Samsung Bluray player, I found AllShare to be pretty handy for playing music on these devices from my Charge. Others may just consider it bloatware. Is there any way to get it back?
Thanks for creating this ROM for us!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
[NOTE]OP has been updated to Alpha 4

[INFO]Change log: 5/31
themed quickpanel
themed swye
themed menu and popups
shutdown animation added
Please thank gunnermike53 for his hard work in themeing this he spent hours with me (poor guy) working on getting this done. If possible throw him a donation so he can get a charge and make themes for us.

[WARN]If you are already running voodoo this may disable it on boot so listen to her voice, simply scroll to voodoo and select enable lagfix when you reach clockwork for the first time, after you hit enable lagfix you can reboot and it will convert again.[/WARN] [/INFO][/NOTE]​

tsitalon1

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the DC, but not new to Andorid (rocking rooted D1 for yrs).

I just bought the DC yestreday and it's still stock and I have a few reservations about this device and I am wondering how the feel of this device changes with this ROM.

In stock form the task manager indicated 328 totoal memory which we all know is really 512 -system area. Does this ROM allocate additional memory to the user apps?

I also notice some lag on the stock Rom when there are multiple browser windows open (4-5), does this behavior improve on this Rom?

Sorry for the questions, I am trying to decide if I should keep this phone or try out the LG revolution.

I could root and try this Rom, but don't want to risk being not able to get back to stock if I choose not to keep the DC.

Thanks in advance guys.

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
WOOT!!!! Can wait to get home and test it out.

Quit note and I'm not sure what could have done it but last night running version 3 I had a reboot happen while scrolling threw TweetDeck. However it is a modified version of Tweetdeck so that could be the issue also. I will let you know if I see it happen again and what I was doing when it did. So far so good tho besides that minor hickup.

One thought/suggestion. I dig the battery icon you have in version 3 except for the color. Any chance you were going to update that so when battery gets low it goes to red instead of red all the time. I know this is Alpha and a work in process which is why I'm asking now before it gets to far down the line in your efforts. Tha tsaid great job so far really liking the build

chico2130

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Just flashed rom yesterday and phone runs like it should now. Just wanted to know if there is a way to change the battery icon its a red circle right now which makes it look like my battery us always low.

dabomb420

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
DroidXcon does it again with another Amazing quality release, this deserves a beer, Thankyou.

Update: Just wanted to point out a quick find of a not so nice looking theme issue, Can you please try going into the browser Hit Menu and Then More and see what that looks like i just wish the text there was white, or something cause it seems a little hard to see, other then That I'm In Love with all this theme'ing work you and gunnermike have done, my phone is better off every time you put an update out.

Last edited:

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon does it again with another Amazing quality release, this deserves a beer, Thankyou.

Update: Just wanted to point out a quick find of a not so nice looking theme issue, Can you please try going into the browser Hit Menu and Then More and see what that looks like i just wish the text there was white, or something cause it seems a little hard to see, other then That I'm In Love with all this theme'ing work you and gunnermike have done, my phone is better off every time you put an update out.

there is still quite a bit more to come I am working on the mms now and will do the dialer after that. at some point I will get to the contacts and browser as well. it's more difficult and taking longer because I don't have a charge to test things on.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Aixelsyd

brabe1979

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Mirror Download site

Can you add A4 version to the mirror site. I can't hit Megaupload at work but can reach the mirror. I believe cwalter9 is hosting it. Thanks and keep up the awesome work!!

graphikzking

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey if I installed release 2 of this theme and now want to do release 3 do I lose everything I've installed so far? (all the apps etc that i've downloaded)

I'm guess I do. This isn't an update but rather a full rom.. stupid question of me.. but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

Ghetto_Cowgirl

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I didn't lose anything at all, put me through the setup crap again but all my widgets/apps/Go Launcher EX/settings etc are still there. Went from 3 to 4.

Wanted to say it looks amazing! Love the notification pull down and swype theme...amazing, thanks!

cmdrfrog

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had any issues while on this ROM with the built in free till 16 June hotspot? Whenever I tether I get random verizon side data shutdowns, i remain tethered but the data stops working on the phone browser and on the pc until i reboot the phone entirely.. could be just a verizon issue, but I'm not sure if the modified kernel touches the wifi or LTE radio drivers?

Ghetto_Cowgirl

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I used the hotspot for the first time last night for a good 20-30mins and it didn't disconnect once. Maybe good luck on my end or bad luck on your end?

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Quick question to DroidXcon or anyone else who knows maybe. I haven't flashed v4 yet as I'm at work. Curious tho do we still need to download and move the APKs to /system/app that are posted in the OP.

azenalex

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Quick question to DroidXcon or anyone else who knows maybe. I haven't flashed v4 yet as I'm at work. Curious tho do we still need to download and move the APKs to /system/app that are posted in the OP.

No the issues were fixed with the Calendar, Clock , and VVM apps so you no longer need to push files to /system/app

Reactions: Aixelsyd

jasper1605

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had any issues while on this ROM with the built in free till 16 June hotspot? Whenever I tether I get random verizon side data shutdowns, i remain tethered but the data stops working on the phone browser and on the pc until i reboot the phone entirely.. could be just a verizon issue, but I'm not sure if the modified kernel touches the wifi or LTE radio drivers?

Use barnacle wi-fi tethering. It works extremely well and it's free. I didn't have a single hiccup with it during my one hour of testing it after I rooted my phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol