[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

MitchTank

May 28, 2011
Visit site
sms force closing, repetitive overheating (finally have to turn phone off) and cannot go back to stock stuck on boot loops when tried....

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
sms force closing, repetitive overheating (finally have to turn phone off) and cannot go back to stock stuck on boot loops when tried....

when did this start? was it out of the blue? please give more details, and when you say you cant go back to stock you mean odin wont work? is it failing? did you flash and nothing happens?

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Nice job DroidXcon!! Love your rom but me and some others in the area are having issues with 4G dropping off for no reasons. I reviewed the logcats for any errors but couldn't find anything besides indication of the radio changing. It's weird, I Odin the phones back to stock and it works with no issues with the 4G dropping, anybody in the Vancouver, WA area having the same issues?

P.S.
What's the IRC channel that the peeps here are using cause #charge on irc.androids.net is pretty much dead

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Nice job DroidXcon!! Love your rom but me and some others in the area are having issues with 4G dropping off for no reasons. I reviewed the logcats for any errors but couldn't find anything besides indication of the radio changing. It's weird, I Odin the phones back to stock and it works with no issues with the 4G dropping, anybody in the Vancouver, WA area having the same issues?

I live right outside of Vancouver, Wa in the hills of Hockinson, so I'm just out of the 4G coverage at home - as soon as I get to the bottom of the hill I get 4G coverage again, so I just have it turned off for now until they expand the coverage a bit. I'll turn it back on, though and see if I notice the 4G cutting out when I'm not at home.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

P.S.
What's the IRC channel that the peeps here are using cause #charge on irc.androids.net is pretty much dead

i really doubt you are really dropping 4g none of the changes i have made thus far even come close to the ril (radio interface layer) . it may be a visual change a missing icon or replaced with 3g something to that effect. Or it could be do to the kernel but i have no control over the kernel thats jt's department. you may want to try going stock and running the jt's voodoo kernel and see what effects it has

muzhik

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
how do i fix the icon, it keeps changing back -n- forth from 3g to stock 3g icon, same goes for 4g

thx,

Last edited:

anon(344812)

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The 'More' section of the settings isn't themed properly. The lettering is all-black, which with the current themed background, makes it impossible to navigate.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
how do i fix the icon, it keeps changing back -n- forth from 3g to stock 3g icon, same goes for 4g

thx,

The 'More' section of the settings isn't themed properly. The lettering is all-black, which with the current themed background, makes it impossible to navigate.

yeah guys please realize this is why the rom is still in alpha. please be patient

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
i really doubt you are really dropping 4g none of the changes i have made thus far even come close to the ril (radio interface layer) . it may be a visual change a missing icon or replaced with 3g something to that effect. Or it could be do to the kernel but i have no control over the kernel thats jt's department. you may want to try going stock and running the jt's voodoo kernel and see what effects it has

Yeah, its weird because we are in solid 4G coverage but its still switching according to ADB logs and like you said, there is no changes in the RIL but maybe JT was drunk again when coding so I will go harass him to see what the issue could be.

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I just pushed this rom to my phone. But how do you get the boot menu to appear upon startup? The boot menu I'm talking about is the one that lists things like "voodoo", "reboot now"...etc. This menu popped up when i finished pushing the rom during the first boot up. There was an error at the bottom of the list talking about the lagfix file. Instead of going to "voodoo" i went to reboot now, so I'm not exactly sure if Altered Beast was installed correctly...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just pushed this rom to my phone. But how do you get the boot menu to appear upon startup? The boot menu I'm talking about is the one that lists things like "voodoo", "reboot now"...etc. This menu popped up when i finished pushing the rom during the first boot up. There was an error at the bottom of the list talking about the lagfix file. Instead of going to "voodoo" i went to reboot now, so I'm not exactly sure if Altered Beast was installed correctly...

if you saw the red screen at all then it installed correctly, that error that shows up you can ignore it, its just letting you know that an image is missing from clockwork. if you absolutely need to get to that menu which i dont suggest unless you have read up on clockwork and voodoo, there is an app in your app drawer called quickboot, open it and hit recovery

prescottp

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
If you have any experience with sdk you can try the following

1) open CMD
2) switch directories to your adb (mine is c:\android\platform-tools)
3) type this one at a time:
adb remount
adb push c:\CalenderProvider.apk /system/app/CalenderProvider.apk (the c:\ part is where the apk is located)

On a different note, the gmail apk is missing from the rom. No biggie. I just had to dl it from the market.

First off, I got the WiFi Hotspot working through the link I posted last night. Very cool stuff (using the latest version) and I hope you guys check it out.

Also, I noticed that my calendar functionality is not working, and saw the APK links posted, but one of them will not install once it's loaded from the SD Card. I saw this prior post in the thread, and I am wondering if I am missing something... I don't know what adb is or how to use it, so I don't think that I have this installed. However, isn't there an easier way that we can copy the file into an appropriate directory using the SD Card and load it from there? How does this process work so we can avoid an installation error?

Thanks!

cjmac97

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Altered Beast V4 and love it. Already donated and will keep doing so as the versions continue to roll out. Had a question. On my Charge, using Spare Parts under Battery History, I'm seeing the delta between "Running" and "Screen On" consistently between 15-16 percentage points. For example, currently my phone is showing Screen On of 10% and Running of 26%. Obviously something is keeping the phone's processor active and nothing is showing up as particlularly draining under "Partial Wake Usage". See the pictures below. This is a concern, as on my previous Android phones, particularly the Samsung Epic, the delta between Running and Screen On was only 4-6 percentage points. I'm still not satisfied with the battery life, despite it being miles ahead of my Thunderbolt, so I'd like to get to the bottom of this. Any help? Thanks!

PS...I'm in New York City, a very solid LTE coverage zone.
Any thoughts on this? Thanks

nitsuj17#AC

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site

P.S.

irc.andirc.net #charge

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
if you saw the red screen at all then it installed correctly, that error that shows up you can ignore it, its just letting you know that an image is missing from clockwork. if you absolutely need to get to that menu which i dont suggest unless you have read up on clockwork and voodoo, there is an app in your app drawer called quickboot, open it and hit recovery

I toyed around with the quickboot this morning and figured it out. Thank you! Another question (being that I'm a total newb at this), since I have the icon labeled superuser in my app drawer, i assume I'm rooted; how do I edit stuff within the system? I plugged in my phone to my computer, but only have access to the sd card. I wanted to add some of the apks files from your first post.

Also, in your YouTube video, what app do you use for the music widget?

Thanks for your help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital