[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

ColSaulTigh

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Nice job DroidXcon!! Love your rom but me and some others in the area are having issues with 4G dropping off for no reasons. I reviewed the logcats for any errors but couldn't find anything besides indication of the radio changing. It's weird, I Odin the phones back to stock and it works with no issues with the 4G dropping, anybody in the Vancouver, WA area having the same issues?

The 4G dropping back to 3G is a know issue, and is VZW/Charge issue, not related to the ROM or changes.

This problem is actually why the initial launch of the device was delayed.

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I toyed around with the quickboot this morning and figured it out. Thank you! Another question (being that I'm a total newb at this), since I have the icon labeled superuser in my app drawer, i assume I'm rooted; how do I edit stuff within the system? I plugged in my phone to my computer, but only have access to the sd card. I wanted to add some of the apks files from your first post.

Also, in your YouTube video, what app do you use for the music widget?

Thanks for your help!

If your running AB4 then all those APK's listed such as calander etc were included in AB4 I believe AB3 users can import those APK's Hope this helps.

RS

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I toyed around with the quickboot this morning and figured it out. Thank you! Another question (being that I'm a total newb at this), since I have the icon labeled superuser in my app drawer, i assume I'm rooted; how do I edit stuff within the system? I plugged in my phone to my computer, but only have access to the sd card. I wanted to add some of the apks files from your first post.

Also, in your YouTube video, what app do you use for the music widget?

Thanks for your help!

you either need to learn how to use adb or get an app like root explorer from the market.

and the music app that im using in the video is powerAmp, its a paid app so i can not include it in the rom

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
If your running AB4 then all those APK's listed such as calander etc were included in AB4 I believe AB3 users can import those APK's Hope this helps.

RS

I flashed with whatever version is on the first page of the thread. So i'm guessing it is 4? Is there anywhere on the phone you can check, out of curiosity?

t k

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow, awesome. And wicked easy. Just donated. And I will donate more if I can figure out how to get the Mobile Hotspot to work. I click on the button and it just closes the program... Maybe because it's Verizon's program? I saw this: android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Is that what I need to download and start using in order to create my own wifi hotspot that bypasses the Verizon settings?

I flashed using Odin 1.3 and all worked well. Quadrant scores coming in around 1400 (damn Verizon/Samsung - it was at 950 before). No major issues so far outside of I get the same Mobile Hotspot crash as prescottp and adding shortcuts/widgets has a little lag. I swear Hotspot worked two days ago but not today. Just screen flickers and then nothing. PDAnet worked tho. Thanks for the solid work.

I deleted wifi tether as it seems it only uses WEP.

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
First off, I got the WiFi Hotspot working through the link I posted last night. Very cool stuff (using the latest version) and I hope you guys check it out.

The Wifi tether app you linked to doesn't give an infrastructure connection like the Verizon Mobile Hotspot app does, so although it works for an ad-hoc connection, it doesn't give me the connection I need for all of my devices. It is a known issue that the Hotspot feature through Verizon is not functioning right now and I read somewhere else here that it has something to do with the date - if you change the date to May, it will function again. So much for free Mobile Hotspot - thanks Verizon! What a tease!

graphikzking

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this was already covered. (It has to have been covered unless I just did something wrong).

If your in the Android Browser (or sms message screen) and hit Menu button on the left of the Charge, then MORE option. The text is black on a Carbon Fiber themed menu.

It's impossible to read. (When you click on it it highlights white) but any way to change this?

Thanks again!
Mike

jasper1605

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The Wifi tether app you linked to doesn't give an infrastructure connection like the Verizon Mobile Hotspot app does, so although it works for an ad-hoc connection, it doesn't give me the connection I need for all of my devices. It is a known issue that the Hotspot feature through Verizon is not functioning right now and I read somewhere else here that it has something to do with the date - if you change the date to May, it will function again. So much for free Mobile Hotspot - thanks Verizon! What a tease!

Wouldn't barnacle wi-fi tethering work? I've used that for my PC and it's worked for the hour that I tested it.

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Barnacle right now on my Charge (I'm on my laptop right now) I just have a stock ED1 rooted Charge at the moment. Works fine for me.

MitchTank

May 28, 2011
Visit site
......?

Sorry it took so long to respond. All this started when I tried to return to stock, and got stuck in boot loops. So I reflashed this... which worked, but i lost all data though. Got SMS working just couldnt access old threads. Still overheats when it shouldn't be. Downloading one app or playing one game will bring me to 115F. Hell I don't know what's going on. Pm will give you my phone#, if you want. :mad:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Sorry it took so long to respond. All this started when I tried to return to stock, and got stuck in boot loops. So I reflashed this... which worked, but i lost all data though. Got SMS working just couldnt access old threads. Still overheats when it shouldn't be. Downloading one app or playing one game will bring me to 115F. Hell I don't know what's going on. Pm will give you my phone#, if you want. :mad:

Remember this phrase and keep it close to your heart.... Non-Voodoo over Voodoo = DooDoo

boot into recovery scroll down to voodoo menu, inside the voodoo menu it most likely says disabled, select enable lagfix then reboot

rukshmani

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Skin issue

I installed the ROM, but when I go to email,Menu, More, I can not read the text, I am attaching the screen shot, on computer screen it looks a bit readable, but not on the phone. Any solution? Also where can I download themes and skins.

MitchTank

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Re:

i did, will get back to you, did you get the donate link fixed? am thinking i would like to make decent donation to have some specific things customize.... what do you think about that?

Shelley55

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
ommmgggg. droidxcon.... I just restarted the phone for the first time since putting a4 on it..... if you can make it do what it does when you just turn the screen off that'd be hot!!! my friends thunder bolt does that when his screen goes off. its sick!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i did, will get back to you, did you get the donate link fixed? am thinking i would like to make decent donation to have some specific things customize.... what do you think about that?

i really appreciate it but as far as themeing im involved in the creative process but gunnermike is the one doing all the the work so i think you should donate to him so he can get a charge and start themeing more consistantly for us all.

and as far as requests make them and we will let you know if they are possible or not

Shelley55

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
i really appreciate it but as far as themeing im involved in the creative process but gunnermike is the one doing all the the work so i think you should donate to him so he can get a charge and start themeing more consistantly for us all.

and as far as requests make them and we will let you know if they are possible or not

think my request is something that can be done? :)

brianct1972

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I just installed this without a hitch tonight and I feel like I have a new phone!!!!

It was laggy before, but that's completely gone now, thank you so much!!!!

ronlsjr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Altered Beast Alpha V4 Rom

Hello, I downloaded the Altered Beast Alpha V4 for my Droid Charge and it is a sweet rom. I want to know if there is a way to get back the puzzle and glass screen lock sliders that came with the stock rom? is there files i can take from the stock rom and add it to the altered beast rom?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca