[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
thanks for putting up with the newbies!

Sorry for the "newbieness"...I did see that in the title I just wanted to be sure before I accept the update. Thanks for being cool about it! Im planning to go Altered the moment I get to my laptop. THX!

[update] I accepted the OTA, DC rebooted, Im still on ED1, went to about phone and checked for update and was prompted your system is currently up to date. Is ED2 required to run your Altered Beast?

Last edited:

deng66

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the "newbieness"...I did see that in the title I just wanted to be sure before I accept the update. Thanks for being cool about it! Im planning to go Altered the moment I get to my laptop. THX!

[update] I accepted the OTA, DC rebooted, Im still on ED1, went to about phone and checked for update and was prompted your system is currently up to date. Is ED2 required to run your Altered Beast?

When you check your software levels, you will see two entires that will still end in ED1. The very last line at the bottom will say ED2. That confused me at first so thought I'd mention it in case that was what you might be seeing.

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Baseband version
i510.06 V.ED1
SCH-I510.ED1

Build number
SCH-I510.ED1

Has anyone else experienced this after accepting the OTA?

Mac2112

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
odin rom

my first time doing something like this it was really easy had to flash ed1 rom first but was real simple great job i will donate to beer fund thanks

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been bk hm from vacation for 20 min and in that short period of time I went ALTERED!!!!!!!!!! Ran a Quandrant of 1446 (956 before AB). Thank you SOO much!!! Donation is on its way...

QUESTION?? for DroidXcon...can you comment on the possibility of overclocking on you'r AB? Pls excuse my ignorance and I hope I have managed to ask a legitimate question.

[update] 18:06 Donation made...I apologize for the small donation but I just returned from vacation w/my 3 daughters and I'm broke! I'll continue updating and donating...again THANKS for responding to me earlier in a VERY professional manner and THANKS for your hard work. Pls keep it coming and I'll be a faithful donor!

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I
QUESTION?? for DroidXcon...can you comment on the possibility of overclocking on you'r AB? Pls excuse my ignorance and I hope I have managed to ask a legitimate question.
!

i would not recommend overclocking these early kernels and even if you did there realy isnt any great improvement upon what you are getting it would cause more random reboots and over heating of the phone than is necessary

Thank you for the donation :)

Just downloaded abv4 and now cannot download app from market.

i would check to see if your data is on and if you are using wifi maybe reboot your modem

otherwise settings>applications>manage applications>market clear data and cache and try again .

if all else fails reflash the rom

TheGoose

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So this is built off of ED2 correct?

I'd be willing to give it a try, but I'm worried about losing root. I just bought the charge yesterday and I was having n00b permission/rw issues all morning so it took me hours to figure out that I needed to Flash back to ED1 from ED2, then tried Gingersnap (which failed), I then pushed GingerBreak, SU, Com.sh, and Busybox and gained root. I didn't lose my old roms and emulators from a previous device which was a huge bonus (they don't exist anymore).

So if I flash AbeastAR_DXC or VoodooChargeCWM I'll lose root. yes?

couldn't it just be built on the ED1 build? (noob query)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So this is built off of ED2 correct?

I'd be willing to give it a try, but I'm worried about losing root. I just bought the charge yesterday and I was having n00b permission/rw issues all morning so it took me hours to figure out that I needed to Flash back to ED1 from ED2, then tried Gingersnap (which failed), I then pushed GingerBreak, SU, Com.sh, and Busybox and gained root. I didn't lose my old roms and emulators from a previous device which was a huge bonus (they don't exist anymore).

So if I flash AbeastAR_DXC or VoodooChargeCWM I'll lose root. yes?

couldn't it just be built on the ED1 build? (noob query)

its rooted you wont lose root

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
You're the man. So I'm clear to flash this via odin and I'll stay rooted? (am running ED1 rooted now)

forgive my bureaucratic ways haha

(referring to the DL from page one (that's what I'd flash))

it will over write your system including the kernel necessary kernel to allow root, the files that are over written already contain the files needed for root access.

even if you were not rooted and flashed the rom you would be rooted after the flash

TheGoose

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
it will over write your system including the kernel necessary kernel to allow root, the files that are over written already contain the files needed for root access.

even if you were not rooted and flashed the rom you would be rooted after the flash

ah, roger. Somewhere in my reading these 50 pages this last couple of hours I missed that bit :/

So the download now is a flash+root all in one. Damn if I would have done this this morning I would be on ED2 with a sweet ROM to test out

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes