[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Awesome. I'm loving having the sick 4g lte symbol back! Thanks!!! :)

Noticed that everything other than contacts was themed.

SC20110607-204304.png

Cheers and thanks again for the awesome rom. :)

Ghettomuffin

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently running a voodoo kernal but otherwise just rooted ed stock. Can I just flash the patch via CWM or do I need to use Odin? Thanks in advance, keep up the awesome work!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently running a voodoo kernal but otherwise just rooted ed stock. Can I just flash the patch via CWM or do I need to use Odin? Thanks in advance, keep up the awesome work!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

need to flash the rom with odin, then use the patch

anon(344812)

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to transfer the patch file to my sdcard using WinSCP, but I get this error:

General failure (server should provide error description).
Error code: 4
Error message from server: Failure
Request code: 3

I'm using SSHDroidPro on my Charge to connect. What am I doing wrong?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to transfer the patch file to my sdcard using WinSCP, but I get this error:

General failure (server should provide error description).
Error code: 4
Error message from server: Failure
Request code: 3

I'm using SSHDroidPro on my Charge to connect. What am I doing wrong?

use a usb cable

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Stayed up late last night so I could get my Charge back to stock and make sure it was clean. I loaded AB here along with the patch 4.1.1 and its a great ROM. I know there is some theming still to go but really its a super slick ROM.

I have one suggestion is it possible to have the latest Gmail and Google Maps put into the System folder instead of d/l them and wasting what little internal app storage. I noticed after install I went from 1.12GB to 1.04GB (rfs to ext4 conversion eats up a little of that).

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
anyone having battery issues with altered beast

I know I have read a couple people having a battery drain with altered beast and would like to ask a couple questions

what version are you on?
did you do a factory reset after loading the rom?
did it just install over your current rom?

I installed AB over my rooted rom and was not getting great battery life for what I was doing. So I did a factory reset from cwm and reloaded everything exactly how it was before I restored and it seemed to cure what ever my problem was.

When I first installed AB it did not wipe my phone, everything was there like before the rom was on it, ringtones, settings everything. I would wantch my phone drop 3% sometimes just checking an email, even with the screen off not using the phone it would chew through 5% an hour.

Now after restoring my phone last night it has been almost 9 hours since I took it off the charger and I have only used 8%

I was also getting a low quadrant score, 1101 before and 1500+ after the restore

if you are having battery issues you might want to try restoring the phone

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Stayed up late last night so I could get my Charge back to stock and make sure it was clean. I loaded AB here along with the patch 4.1.1 and its a great ROM. I know there is some theming still to go but really its a super slick ROM.

I have one suggestion is it possible to have the latest Gmail and Google Maps put into the System folder instead of d/l them and wasting what little internal app storage. I noticed after install I went from 1.12GB to 1.04GB (rfs to ext4 conversion eats up a little of that).

using root explorer move them yourself.

tdenton1138

May 22, 2011
Visit site
One thing I've noticed... I like the gingerbread keyboard and I can't seem to keep it locked on. It keeps unchecking my poor ginger and defaulting back to Samsung on reboot. Any ideas what I can do to keep it on ginger? I've also seen a 'themed swype' mentioned, but can't seem to find that at all... I've never used swype other than a few minutes when I was stock, but never really got into it.

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Backup Assistant not working...

Im sorry but I m on the road and dont have time to go through all the comments on the thread so I hope Im not repeating a question but my backup assistant is not working was it removed because it is viewed as bloatware? Anyone else experience the same issue?

Once again thanks to DroidXcon for the amazing work as well as constant support...pls keep it up!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
When I first installed AB it did not wipe my phone, everything was there like before the rom was on it, ringtones, settings everything. I would wantch my phone drop 3% sometimes just checking an email, even with the screen off not using the phone it would chew through 5% an hour.

Now after restoring my phone last night it has been almost 9 hours since I took it off the charger and I have only used 8%

I was also getting a low quadrant score, 1101 before and 1500+ after the restore

if you are having battery issues you might want to try restoring the phone

Holy jesus...that's amazing battery life. So all you did was perform a factory reset on the device? Or did you flash the ED1 stock ROM in Odin and did you stay rooted? And then you had to re-install this ROM, right?

I have SetCPU installed running Altered Beast. Is there a need for it? I have it set to underclock when the screen is off, thinking it will save battery life. Am I right thinking that?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae