[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I went into the boot menu and selected factory reset and it reset and cleared all my data so it was just the altered beast rom on my phone and I had to go through the setup when you first get the phone and enter your gmail account. After that I installed the AB update and restored all my apps and settings. This was at around 1am and when the phone was done charging I unplugged it. it sat untouched from 1 am ish to 8 am when my alarm went off and I got up and that was all it used for battery.

I knew something was up and this rom was not working right for me. I would guess it had something to do with my settings or something clashing with the stock rom.

I have used my phone a lot today, almost an hour in phone calls, texts, emails and a little web surfing and I am at 70% left

I am a very happy camper not that I got this squared away!!!

By "restore", you mean just re-install everything from the Market? Bleh, that sounds terrible. Or did you make a Titanium backup, Nandroid, etc?

tdenton1138

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I went into the boot menu and selected factory reset and it reset and cleared all my data so it was just the altered beast rom on my phone and I had to go through the setup when you first get the phone and enter your gmail account. After that I installed the AB update and restored all my apps and settings. This was at around 1am and when the phone was done charging I unplugged it. it sat untouched from 1 am ish to 8 am when my alarm went off and I got up and that was all it used for battery.

I knew something was up and this rom was not working right for me. I would guess it had something to do with my settings or something clashing with the stock rom.

I have used my phone a lot today, almost an hour in phone calls, texts, emails and a little web surfing and I am at 70% left

I am a very happy camper not that I got this squared away!!!

Why not. I'll give this a shot and see if it makes any difference with my battery life. As soon as Titanium finishes up, I'll factory reset (from cwm) and see what happens. I'm not terribly disappointed with battery life in general, so I may not have whatever issue others are complaining about, but I'll try anything as long as it won't hard brick my phone - which this obviously won't.

Edit: Long load at Droid eye, but booted fine. Now we'll see what's what here...

Last edited:

brianct1972

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Why not. I'll give this a shot and see if it makes any difference with my battery life. As soon as Titanium finishes up, I'll factory reset (from cwm) and see what happens. I'm not terribly disappointed with battery life in general, so I may not have whatever issue others are complaining about, but I'll try anything as long as it won't hard brick my phone - which this obviously won't.

Edit: Long load at Droid eye, but booted fine. Now we'll see what's what here...

What exact steps did you take so far?

Ghetto_Cowgirl

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok I noticed an issue. When charging it's the stock battery icon up there, which I can live with, when I take it off the charger it changes to the red circle great! But, if I move a widget by holding it down and set it wherever, the battery icon changes back to the stock icon. I'm at a loss as to why this is lol.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge using Tapatalk

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

By doing a Titanium restore, don't you think whatever was possible causing a battery issue would just come back from your Titanium backup?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
it might be but it showed me something was not right and ultimately got me to wipe my phone and now it is working like it should :)

also if anyone else is having battery issues try to wipe you phone, you dont have to reinstall any roms, just reinstall your apps and settings. I was hoping to keep my post separate from this thread so we can track down what is causing the battery drain. I dont want it to get lost in all these posts. There must be something we all have in common with the battery drain issue

look on any android forum site for any phone and you will see "my battery sucks" and a hundred threads just like that. its a smart phone. the processor on this phone is faster than the one that guides the space shuttle. until some one finds a dilithium crystal, battery is gonna suck. i will post a thread later that will help you get more out of your battery, but theres a limit. to give you an idea, i have 5 batteries.

brianct1972

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
look on any android forum site for any phone and you will see "my battery sucks" and a hundred threads just like that. its a smart phone. the processor on this phone is faster than the one that guides the space shuttle. until some one finds a dilithium crystal, battery is gonna suck. i will post a thread later that will help you get more out of your battery, but theres a limit. to give you an idea, i have 5 batteries.

Absolutely, but this isn't the first time that I've read someone doing a factory reset and getting much improved battery life.

palap980

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Battery and other questions

I want to download this rom, but i just need to know:
1) Does the battery life weaken due to this rom?
2) Can I return my droid charge back to touchwiz? (If so, how?)
Thanks in advance to whoever answers these.

TheGoose

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
With 4.1.1 The signal bars reverted to stock, the battery indicator keeps switching back and forth and so do the other indicstors.

Any clue on a fix?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

no it doesnt weaken battery , the people who have seen battery drop wiped data and this seems to have fixed that problem, most likely a corrupted application or poor code.

there is a downgrade package in the forums this will bring you back to stock

I think that was by design although mine don't switch at all and that's fine by me :)

we are revisiting the icons, i think im going to leave data 3g/4g/1x stock as i kind of like them stock aswell but cell and battery will change.
status bar will go back to black aswell

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Gmail and Maps is already in system. the updates Google pushes out via Market go into /data. And if you put everything in /system and Google pushes and update out it won't update correctly.

I've gotta ask tho why would you be concerned about space as I'm just curious. It is highly unlikely you will eat up over 1Gb of internal memory just by apps and other stuff installed from the market. Most apps are not very big. Personally to this day I don't get understand everyone wants all this internal mem. For me give me more RAM in DDR2 or DDR3 and the biggest sdcard possible and I'm covered.

I still have an old school mentality when it comes to internal app storage. I feel a reasonable amount of space should be 2GB at the max of useable space. I do agree with you though I would be a lot happier if we could get 1GB DDR3 RAM so these $600-750 mini computers can run without any hiccups or slowdowns.

If I had to put a priority I would say Processor, DDR3 RAM, Internal App Storage.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I have had great battery life so far. You can restore back to stock. Just use Odin and flash the Rooted Stock ED1 downgrade ED2 ROM and then accept the update to ED2 and you will be stock.

mylasthope

May 13, 2010
Visit site
no it doesnt weaken battery , the people who have seen battery drop wiped data and this seems to have fixed that problem, most likely a corrupted application or poor code.

there is a downgrade package in the forums this will bring you back to stock

we are revisiting the icons, i think im going to leave data 3g/4g/1x stock as i kind of like them stock aswell but cell and battery will change.
status bar will go back to black aswell

Yeah!! Stock data looks awesome. Reminds me that I no longer struggle to find a WiMax Signal. LTE rocks :)

Last edited:

TheGoose

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So the cell signal icon is stock intentionally? the wave look was much cooler imo. Is there a way to get it back?

The white contrast is cool stock against black, but the waves and blue have sex appeal. Altered beast should be wild. Sterilized looks are too corporate haha :-$

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So the cell signal icon is stock intentionally? the wave look was much cooler imo. Is there a way to get it back?

The white contrast is cool stock against black, but the waves and blue have sex appeal. Altered beast should be wild. Sterilized looks are too corporate haha :-$

yeah its just a temp change , Still alpha and all that . Gunner and i just wanted to get you guys a patch to have visable menus not as a finished product