[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
how to do a factory reset?

I went into the boot menu and selected factory reset and it reset and cleared all my data so it was just the altered beast rom on my phone

I apologize for the newbie question but can someone PLEASE step me through this?

immjg

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
we are revisiting the icons, i think im going to leave data 3g/4g/1x stock as i kind of like them stock aswell but cell and battery will change.
status bar will go back to black aswell

I really like the black status bar and the cell and battery icons. I noticed that the battery changes to stock when usb is plugged in or in charging dock.

I gotta tell you even with all the problems still in this "alpha" rom, it still kicks butt over the stock rom.

THANK YOU!

TheGoose

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I really like the black status bar and the cell and battery icons. I noticed that the battery changes to stock when usb is plugged in or in charging dock.

I gotta tell you even with all the problems still in this "alpha" rom, it still kicks butt over the stock rom.

THANK YOU!

you like the stock cell bars? Have you seen the ones they were using with the wave effect..? Wayyyyy better.

st33med

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
you like the stock cell bars? Have you seen the ones they were using with the wave effect..? Wayyyyy better.

Eh. I prefer to have regular bars. Those circular signals and the wavy bars were too flashy and confusing for me. I constantly got confused on which signal is which. I prefer one solid color bar insead of a multicolored image.

Simple is better. At least for me.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Eh. I prefer to have regular bars. Those circular signals and the wavy bars were too flashy and confusing for me. I constantly got confused on which signal is which. I prefer one solid color bar insead of a multicolored image.

you may like Kejar's Gummy Charge rom over mine then his is really clean

TheGoose

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

that's understandable, when I first saw it I was like "WTF!?" Then I just gave in to the feel and title of the ROM, it really is an Altered BEAST. I keep my home screen and app screens free, everything is in the dock, but The status bar and pull down screens are pretty crazy.

I'm sure someone will make a super stock super clean rom, but this again is like a wild child.

palap980

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I did all of your steps, and now, after some robot lady talked, it says:

CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v3.0.2.8x

-reboot system now
-apply update from sdcard
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-install zip from sdcard
-backup and restore
-mounts and storage
-advanced
-voodoo
-power off

Idk what to do here. help?

cwalter9

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I did all of your steps, and now, after some robot lady talked, it says:

CwM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v3.0.2.8x

-reboot system now
-apply update from sdcard
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-install zip from sdcard
-backup and restore
-mounts and storage
-advanced
-voodoo
-power off

Idk what to do here. help?

Click your power button to choose to reboot system now.

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Please help?

I did a factory reset and I now have no keyboard installed. I cant setup my Google, unlock Launcher Pro, etc, etc...

How can I setup/download a keyboard...I'm lost here, please help? THANKS GUYS!!!

brpost

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey DroidXCon,

I really like the Buddies Now widget (surely I'm not the only one!) and was wondering if that's available in AB, or if there are plans to have it available?

Been enjoying my Charge for about a week now, and I think I want to at least root it, but I'm new to android but I'm not quite ready to commit just yet. I upgraded the OS on my Blackberry Storm a few times but not quite sure I wanna pull that trigger on this just yet. I have, however, been reading this thread religiously. Well done, sir.

Last edited:

squid267

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow this was so EASY TO INSTALL. GREAT JOB. Im going play around but I do have one question. It asked me if I wanted to install this update, i510.EE4

I shouldn't install it right? I haven't heard of this update. Weird.

chiahead

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I am in the middle of installing your AB rom and Odin is stuck at FactoryFS for about 12 minutes now. Any way you can help me out? This also happened to me before trying to do the flash back from ED2 to ED1 rooted which I ended up bricking the phone. Luckily I got it replaced. It may be something with the PC I am using but I have tried various USB ports and Samsung drivers are all ok and all antivirus are shut off. I am nervous to unplug the usb cable or shut the program down. I dont want to brick this one like the other

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up my battery wheel has switched from the circle to the blue battery bar while running on battery.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

galvo

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Here's something I posted over at XDA.. please take a look and share your thoughts.

You jinxed me, I hadn't gotten the blue battery until I just read your post and looked at the phone. I have to say I had grown to love he red circle with the percentage inside!

Edit: I think it stays blue when fully charged, then goes to the red circle when less then 98%

Nah, it'll turn blue at any percentage, it just seems to happen randomly. It just went from the red circle to the blue battery bar as I was uploading the following image :p

SC20110608-223349.jpg

I feel like I'm still getting somewhat crappy battery life. My battery dropped from 100% to 88% overnight while simply idling. Now, the battery is at 79% and I've only been awake for the past 1.5 hours. The phone was barely used during the past 1.5 hours and it somehow managed to drop almost 10%. This is getting annoying.

History of phone:

- Received stock phone
- Accepted OTA update to ED2 :(
- Flashed the rooted ED1 image using Odin (Can't remember which one!)
- Flashed AB v1 using Odin, I believe this also installed voodoo and CWM
- Flashed AB v2 using Odin
- Flashed AB v3 using Odin
- Flashed AB v4 using Odin
- Downloaded PBJT kernel, AB v4.1.1 and loaded to SD card
- Backed up my apps and data using Titanium Backup
- Booted into CWM
- Sat there nervously for 5 minutes staring at CWR hoping that I didn't run into problems
- Wiped data/factory reset
- Wiped cache partition
- Installed .zip from SD, chose specific .zip file and installed PBJT kernel
- Installed .zip from SD, chose specific .zip file and installed AB v4.1.1
- Pulled battery after installs were complete (no back button in CWR)
- Inserted battery after 10-15 seconds and booted up
- I don't think the british lady spoke! So I'm not sure exactly what happened
- Charge booted to home screen and data was wiped as planned
- Verified that kernel was installed
- Verified ROM was installed (it's pretty obvious if it's installed, but how come the phone build doesn't change in the Phone Info section? Other ROMs i used will list the ROM name/build number within the Phone Info section.
- Restored everything using Titanium Backup
- Uninstalled a TON of crap that I restored with Titanium Backup, this killed my battery a decent bit and it should be noted that the App Management section was running VERY slow at first. The app icons wouldn't load and I had to exit App Management after uninstalling an app because the "Loading..." window wouldn't go away after uninstalling/returning to the installed App list. After I uninstalled 10 or 20 items, the App Management section started to load very quickly and all of the app icons loaded fine. I was able to uninstall more applications without having to exit the App Management section. woohoo

I've been using the phone with the PBJT kernel and AB v4.1.1 since yesterday and noticed that the battery drained relatively quickly. The ironic thing is, I wiped everything and installed PBJT/AB v4.1.1 to improve battery life. FML. The battery just drained from 78-76% while basically idling. I turned the screen on a couple of time in the past 20-30 minutes, but that's it. And it died a few percentage. wtf.

Also, Gmail keeps FCing on me.

One more thing.. OTA update for i510.EE4? What is this? I never got this message after using AB v1, v2, v3, v4... Now that I wiped everything and installed PBJT and AB v4.1.1 this popped up. I'm assuming this is coincidence and that this update is new. I don't think it's the ED2 OTA.

Ahh, battery just went down to 75. I'm seriously going to stab someone in the face.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Here's something I posted over at XDA.. please take a look and share your thoughts.

Check that lage fix is enabled if you are running a voodoo kernel... and consider wiping your data and start fresh dont restore from titanium see if things improve, im going to post something now and go to sleep.

EE4 is a new update that is out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci