[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

Charge5150

May 26, 2011
Visit site
@ Raptor

thx. Is there a Rom for this EE4 update yet? I cant take touchwize after being on AB since day 2 of having this phone. I just got ed2 update going for the OTA EE4 now. I would assume that we can still go back to ED1 and use AB if we want to wait for a stable rom/kernel for the EE4 right?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
There are a few builds that are EE4 based, imnuts has his EE4 Debloated V4.2.1 here [ROM][06-10-2011] EE4 Debloated V4.2.1 - xda-developers it uses the AOSP launcher and lock screen. I haven't tried it yet but you can get info there.

You can find more about the EE4 builds that DroidXcon put up here http://forum.androidcentral.com/cha...s-packages-read-carfully-before-flashing.html and here [Odin]EE4 various packages Read Carfully - xda-developers but they are stock builds so you may not want them.

I know kejar31 posted he has an update to GummyCHARGED that was 95% done and he was going to post that later when he got home, you can find more about it here http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=989080#post989080 and here [ROM] GummyCHARGED 1.0 06/08/11 - xda-developers . He hasn't posted yet so it could be very late tonight or early AM, you know how these devs work, all hours of the day and night.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
There are a few builds that are EE4 based, imnuts has his EE4 Debloated V4.2.1 here [ROM][06-10-2011] EE4 Debloated V4.2.1 - xda-developers it uses the AOSP launcher and lock screen. I haven't tried it yet but you can get info there.

You can find more about the EE4 builds that DroidXcon put up here http://forum.androidcentral.com/cha...s-packages-read-carfully-before-flashing.html and here [Odin]EE4 various packages Read Carfully - xda-developers but they are stock builds so you may not want them.

I know kejar31 posted he has an update to GummyCHARGED that was 95% done and he was going to post that later when he got home, you can find more about it here http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=989080#post989080 and here [ROM] GummyCHARGED 1.0 06/08/11 - xda-developers . He hasn't posted yet so it could be very late tonight or early AM, you know how these devs work, all hours of the day and night.

lol does XDA have you on salary?

palap980

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Flash?

is there any time i can expect flash to be used for this rom? I love everything about it so far, but without flash, i'm finding myself kind of wanting touchwiz back. even though it is pretty bad, it still has flash which is pretty important to me for an android phone.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
is there any time i can expect flash to be used for this rom? I love everything about it so far, but without flash, i'm finding myself kind of wanting touchwiz back. even though it is pretty bad, it still has flash which is pretty important to me for an android phone.

huh?

palap980

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
that was the problem, i forgot to put my plugins as always on hahaha. sorry about that, but it made me notice something. when you press "more" in the menu in the browser, its really hard to see the text with the background. you may want to change that to just a solid color. try to open the menu in the browser on your phone and choose "more" if you don't know what i mean. its almost impossible to read anything. Thanks for fixing my problem though, even though the answer was pretty obvious (sorry)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
that was the problem, i forgot to put my plugins as always on hahaha. sorry about that, but it made me notice something. when you press "more" in the menu in the browser, its really hard to see the text with the background. you may want to change that to just a solid color. try to open the menu in the browser on your phone and choose "more" if you don't know what i mean. its almost impossible to read anything. Thanks for fixing my problem though, even though the answer was pretty obvious (sorry)

there is a patch in the OP of this thread for that

ryan_charge

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
has a version of AB with EE4 come out yet?
Gummycharged has comeout tonight with a new version with EE4 on it.
I just really like your altered beast man!

palap980

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for all the stupid questions (I'm pretty new to android), but i need to know, did this rom root my device? because i was able to use barnacle with no problems, and i never rooted it. I've only downloaded this rom.

Nash Latkje

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm somewhat getting mixed signals.

From what I can see if I want AB AND ee4 it'd be better to just wait for a version of AB w/ ee4 instead of flashing back to ED1 OTAing all the way to ee4 and then putting AB 4.1.1 back on cause it would just make ee4 useless..

Did I get that all right?
Sorry - multiple threads are confusing the crud out of me.

::EDIT::
This might be a moot post since it seems ee4 isn't being pushed out to my phone anymore ._.

Last edited:

girlymissjulie

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm holding out on updating to EE4 until this rom is updated for it, but how do we get that annoying update prompt to stop popping up in the meantime?

EDIT: I'm a ditz - edited build.prop - that should do the trick. It's been a long week, I need some sleep!

Last edited:

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for all the stupid questions (I'm pretty new to android), but i need to know, did this rom root my device? because i was able to use barnacle with no problems, and i never rooted it. I've only downloaded this rom.

yes, you should see an app called super user as well to confirm root.

RS

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
lol does XDA have you on salary?

lol, no way. :p :)

I just try to list all possible places where users can get help ;) I know from my experiences some forums have different users who post information that they don't post elsewhere. I learned long ago that the more I help others the more I learn.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I missed it, but does anyone know what happens if you install EE4(OTA) on top of AB v4?

It's early and I haven't had my coffee yet.... :p

I am still waiting for EE4 OTA, but as a cautionary rule you should never accept any OTA updates if you are not running a stock ROM.

EE4 update installed via CWM will update everything but if you downgrade you at least don't lose the radio update which is the key part, everything else will be baked into the ROM.

BTW I am attaching imnuts latest build of CWM Recovery that can be found at the other place, but here are his notes as well.

============================================================================

[RECOVERY][6-11-11]Clockwork Mod Recovery
So I spent the weekend working on some things, and one of them was trying to get CWM fixed up. I believe that I have all of the problems fixed, but I can only do so much testing on my own. The button mappings work, and I have been using this and similar versions (bugfixes and such added since then) for about a week now. I completely removed backup/restore as my attempt to get it to work properly didn't work, so I'm guessing something else is wrong with it than what I initially found and reported to Koush. I will try to keep this updated as updates come out for CWM as well. Flash with Odin/Heimdall

Button Mapping
Vol Up/Down - Navigate through the menus
Power - Select Item
Menu/Home/Back/Search - Go Back to the previous menu

Known Issues
Backup/Restore is still broken. DO NOT BACKUP OR RESTORE WITH CWM! CONSIDER THIS YOUR WARNING - Should no longer be an option you can see.

Failed to mount /sdcard error(s) - Perform the following commands with ADB:

Code:
adb shell
umount /sdcard
rm -f /sdcard
mkdir /sdcard
exit

Type each line in and press enter. Do not skip a line, or you may loose data It seems to have worked for anyone that tested and had this issue.

Download: New_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36