[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

onilosmada

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to flash back to ED1 if you need to. My phone was on OTA EE4, so I flashed back to ED1, updated to EE4 than flashed AB4. The original flash to ED1 may have been unnecessary but whatever, better to be safe. When you flash to AB4, your radio will be stuck in ED2 until DroidXCon releases another update.

hope this helps.

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Here's my question. I flashed back to ED1.. but seem to have lost root once I OTA EE4. Well, Ad-Free says "Unable to locate a partition to the remount to write the hosts file to". This works fine in ED1 or ED2. Anyways.. I'd love to have AB4 back.. running stock at the moment, can't even boot into recovery. Whats best route to go at this point while waiting for an EE4 rom?

onilosmada

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's my question. I flashed back to ED1.. but seem to have lost root once I OTA EE4. Well, Ad-Free says "Unable to locate a partition to the remount to write the hosts file to". This works fine in ED1 or ED2. Anyways.. I'd love to have AB4 back.. running stock at the moment, can't even boot into recovery. Whats best route to go at this point while waiting for an EE4 rom?

Try flashing back to ED1 then flash AB4. Don't update to EE4. I rooted last night and I did:
ED1 Flash->update to OTA EE4-->flash AB4. I followed the link below. I skipped the final step as AB 4.1.1 may or my not work with EE4 (there are conflicting stories, best to wait for a new AB update!)

http://forum.androidcentral.com/dro...windows-mac-now-gingersnap-40.html#post992973

Good Luck.

Charge5150

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Try flashing back to ED1 then flash AB4. Don't update to EE4. I rooted last night and I did:
ED1 Flash->update to OTA EE4-->flash AB4. I followed the link below. I skipped the final step as AB 4.1.1 may or my not work with EE4 (there are conflicting stories, best to wait for a new AB update!)

http://forum.androidcentral.com/dro...windows-mac-now-gingersnap-40.html#post992973

Good Luck.

This is a good method. I went back to ed1 took the ed2 ota update then EE4. then installed AB4.1.1 and it has Baseband ver: EE4/SCH-I510.EE1
build # ED2. No problems. I like AB so much when I was on stock for 30 mins doing the update I couldn't wait for AB v 5. DroidX has MIA. I'll buy him a nice Starbucks gift card:D when hes got AB v 5 on board.:)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidX has MIA.

lol yes i have , Basically i have been trying to learn Java and other Dev. type things. I have been working hard to get the next version out but i wanted to get you guys EE4 version with a more complete look so gunnermike and i have been working pretty hard , the biggest thing holding me up right now is the launcher. Im starting to consider switching to AOSP launcher (Although im really sick of it) because it gives me those most flexibility setting up the widgets the way i want them to come with the ROM.

So if anyone knows any really good launcher that are OPEN source let me know

Go / ADW / launcher pro are not as flexible as you may think.

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, stick with AOSP if it gives the most flexibility, leave it to users choice for a different launcher so you don't have to mess with it.. imho

mcnasty150

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
lol yes i have , Basically i have been trying to learn Java and other Dev. type things. I have been working hard to get the next version out but i wanted to get you guys EE4 version with a more complete look so gunnermike and i have been working pretty hard , the biggest thing holding me up right now is the launcher. Im starting to consider switching to AOSP launcher (Although im really sick of it) because it gives me those most flexibility setting up the widgets the way i want them to come with the ROM.

Dude, thanx for ur an gunnermikes work. I use live home with ur roms. Although I'm not sure if its open source.

daveh2676

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Traded my Droid X2 in for the Charge yesterday, and immediately started reading up on the root processes and roms. Took me a few hours to fully understand it all (roms, updates, what not-to-do's, etc.) Presently, I'm sitting at AB 4.1.1 w/ ED2, unending update notifications, and patiently (trying) waiting for DroidXcon to release an updated version of AB with support for EE4. I originally came off of the LG Optimus from VM, rooted and tweaked to the hilt. With the exception of Netflix not working on the Charge (I have no desire to mess with the build prop), I've got to say that this phone is by far the best of the three.
I've only owned android phones for a few months now, but I have to say that DroidXcon and gunnermike (others?) have done one hell of a job with this rom.
I don't post in these forums very often, I can pretty much find an answer to whatever I have questions about with a little time and effort on my part. But I must say...You, sir, have my respect.

mmamo

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
This is to DroidXcon... Also Thanks for the great work for you and gunnermike.. I really enjoyed AB
I seen somewhere you mentioned your SD card got hosed. Mine is brand new and came with the my Droid Charge. It too got hosed today. I was on AB 4.1 and just loaded GummyCharged1.5. I wonder if this is just a coincidence? But anyways, I went to scandisk.com and chatted with support. They have a 5 year warranty so they emailed me a RMA and shipping label. Thought maybe if yours is screwed up, you might want to try the same. I am unable to read it even on a computer. It was working after the GummyCharge Root. Just thought the info might help. They did not request to see proof of purchase.

ColSaulTigh

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I liked LauncherPro so much back on my DROID X that I bought it. I have used the code on the version installed on your ROM and it works perfectly. If you remove it for future builds, I can still install it myself if I so choose, right?

BTW, Thanks again for all of your hard work, along with the hard work of the others who help make this 'hobby' so entertaining. I only wish I had the talent you folks have so I could pitch in and help out some. I guess my lot in life is to be the guena pig.

Thanks again!

ryan_charge

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to be impatient but does anyone know how much longer it would be for the new version to come out? I am ready to update.

On a different note thanks so much to droidxcon for this awesome rom!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

ffd173

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Voted! Good work droidxcon and team! Keep it up.

Droidxcon, I posted in the vote thread a rom comment that I probably should have put here. Please take a peak as I can't move it and I don't want to double post it.

Thanks!:)

gpacifico

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Somewhere earlier in this thread someone asked for the stock Desk Cradle app to be added back in, which is great since I use it all the time. It turns out that the weather function of the cradle app is looking for a location from Daily Briefing, which we don't have anymore. Has anyone found a way around this?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Somewhere earlier in this thread someone asked for the stock Desk Cradle app to be added back in, which is great since I use it all the time. It turns out that the weather function of the cradle app is looking for a location from Daily Briefing, which we don't have anymore. Has anyone found a way around this?

I will have restored almost all vzw functions to the next build, i basically just got rid of the games and stupid things that no one uses but widgets and syncing functions should all work . then you guys can debloat further if you wish

Reactions: zman6900
May 19, 2011
Visit site
I will have restored almost all vzw functions to the next build, i basically just got rid of the games and stupid things that no one uses but widgets and syncing functions should all work . then you guys can debloat further if you wish
awesome, thanks for that! I'm using AB 4.1.1 and i cannot wait for the next release! when do you think the next release will be out? i'm not rushing you at all as I want the build to be as good as it can be, I'm just wondering if you have a time that you are targeting

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood