Charge... Just not enough...

rmreagle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
So it's been 12 days with the phone... Took a while but we're rooted on ED2... In the process of flashing AC's Altered Beast Alpha right now. Love the screen, love the form factor, hate the battery life, lack of memory, lack of dual core, (i think both of these contribute to dungeon defenders freezing) and did i mention the battery life... 11hours tops with minimal usage the other day... that was with running SetCPU ondemand and the phone basically chillin' in my pocket the whole time..

Long story short i really really wanted to love this phone... but all i can really say i love about it is the screen... Most of the time i can get away with charging the thing at work/car/home, but if there's ever a day where i go out and crash in NYC or a friends or am away from my charger for more then 12 hours I'm screwed.

Think I'm going to return it, wait a week for my upgrade to get reset, then maybe try the xperia play for ****s and giggles for another 14 days... Maybe by then some kinda bionic news will come around... wishful thinking. Or an even bigger miracle the GS2 with a trimmed down 4G radio... yea, wake me when it's october...

So can anyone convince me to change my plan...?

rami98

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
im sorry you dont like the charge. i switched to the tbolt from a droidx then to the charge from the tbolt and i think its the best. Just wait it out a little until they have an undervolt and your battery will last days. i can get my phone to last most of the day on 4g in metro detroit but my previous phones had much better battery life after undervolt. so wait until they get that which will be soon

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I too gave up on the TB, and tried the LG Revolution which isn't a bad phone, its pretty close to the TB (I know BING, but its rooted now so Bing is dead). Still I had dead pixels out of the box and I didn't like the way the memory was split, again they reduced the internal app memory 1.7GB and 12GB+ for internal media, file storage. It should have been split.

I know the DC has less internal storage but in the end the screen and developer support is what won me over. I did opt for the BB buy back program because I know in 6 months I will be trading this for something else and that will pay most of the retail for a new phone.

chopstix9

May 26, 2011
Visit site
TO: rmreagle

Oh and you think that dual core bionic is going to have superior battery life? LOL ... Welcome to the world of LTE. That chip alone (LTE) produces a fair amount of heat. Equate that to consuming energy. What do ya think killed the Bionic in the first place? The Atrix with the same processor is able to run fine enough, BUT, it doesn't have the LTE chip. When they tried pairing the Tegra with the VZW configuration there was just way too much heat/power consumption. That phone (Bionic), as presented @ CES this year has been scrapped. The 'Targa' Moto had in development has been fast tracked to replace the Bionic. But when it comes out you can be sure, it is not going to be any power miser. Handheld technology is out-pacing battery technology. You will have the same NYC worries with the Bionic as you do now. Take your cheap arse down to the store and buy a spare battery !!!

Last edited:

prehistory

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry you're having longevity issues with your shiny new droid :(. I'm thinking there might be an issue with the particular handset you have. The battery life on my charge is excellent. Remember to use wifi where possible, and try to pinpoint a particular app that may be the culprit. Also, as you might already know, you should "train" the new battery in your phone by discharging it completely, and recharging it without use to 100%. You should do this at least 3-4 times when you first get a new phone. Hope this helps!

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Right now I have a DX. I upgraded to the Xperia Play, but the phone was so horrible I sent it back for exchange on a DC. I really feel if you want something other than the DC, go for the DX2, not the Xperia Play. Hell the DX with root and Team Black Hats Gingerbread destroys the Play.
You can't root the CDMA play right now, and that too was a big deal for me. Dim screen, no root, low volume on both speakers, bad ergonomics... just to name a few.
Hope this helps you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood