I am a dev and plan on making a ROM for the Charge as soon as I get it, Tuesday... (don't ask for an ETA :P)

Well anyway just wondering... Is this forum where people are pulling together? Both XDA and DroidForums seem very sparce... Or is that the community overall right now for this phone?
    asenduk likes this.
    05-27-2011 05:08 PM
    I actually read all three of the sites you mention. I know a lot of devs hopped on the ThunderBolt, but I got rid of mine and look forward to a nice ROM for the Charge.
    05-27-2011 05:25 PM
    I actually read all three of the sites you mention. I know a lot of devs hopped on the ThunderBolt, but I got rid of mine and look forward to a nice ROM for the Charge.
    Well I am on all three sites as well.. I am also coming from the Tbolt and before that the DX

Created GummyJAR and Liberty for the DX and then Tesla Coil for the Tbolt....

Just not sure what forums to post my new ROM when I build it....
    05-27-2011 05:29 PM
    Well I am on all three sites as well.. I am also coming from the Tbolt and before that the DX

If you don't mind managing 2 threads, I'd say here and XDA. I used to check xda exclusively for roms for my Evo 4g, but now at least with the charge, I check AC more. Looking forward to more charge devs!

Cheers
    05-27-2011 05:38 PM

This is the best Charge dev news i've heard since I got it! I loved your Liberty ROM on my DX.... I look forward to seeing what you can do with the Charge.

There are 2 ROMs so far, one originally posted here and one posted on XDA. So its kind of spread out, Im checking both right now so thats probably the best if you can manage it.
    05-27-2011 05:57 PM
    I am a dev and plan on making a ROM for the Charge as soon as I get it, Tuesday... (don't ask for an ETA :P)

Well anyway just wondering... Is this forum where people are pulling together? Both XDA and DroidForums seem very sparce... Or is that the community overall right now for this phone?

hey Kejar! glad to see you on the Charge side of the world.. still rockin Tesla along with CM7 on my Tbolt... but Tesla on the Charge with DSP EQ FTW!!!
    05-27-2011 06:09 PM

I say post here
    05-27-2011 06:12 PM
    I say posting both here and xda would be best for a dev. I've been finding this forum very useful for general info, as well as a surprising amount of development. xda is great for finding specific info on development, and would likely be the best source for developers themselves to interact and get useful info, but you'll get much more user feedback and community appreciation here, I would think. Alot of people avoid xda if they're not that technically minded.

All other sites either don't have enough traffic, or the forums are just a free-for-all.
    05-27-2011 06:31 PM
    Tesla coil was my favorite rom when i had my TB and I used Liberty gb when I had my droid x.......im looking forward to a kejar rom!!!
    05-27-2011 06:35 PM
    I think here would be a great place to go because we have a friendly enviroment and we continue to grow daily and its about time we start to have a development growth here. We have a great mix of Traffic and friendly members here who appreciate our style of explaining and breaking things down. Development here is always much appreciated.
    05-27-2011 07:18 PM
    I say here, AC is much better IMO. I loved Liberty on the X, looking forward to what you develop!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    05-27-2011 07:23 PM
    This is great news kejar31, I used Liberty ROM on my DX and Tesla Coil on my ThunderBolt they were both very solid ROMs. I look forward to your dev work on the Charge. I am glad I decided to get one with all of the devs coming on board.
    05-27-2011 09:15 PM
    Very happy about this. Loved gummyjar and liberty for my old DX
    05-27-2011 11:43 PM
    The best news that I heard all week. The only thing that I have missed since leaving my TB in the dust is the custom rom scene. HTC is so easy and sexy for devs to put roms out on. Looking forward to getting some rom and kernel love for my DC.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge using TapaTalk.
    05-28-2011 10:20 AM

We offer special ROM Developer accounts for members who post and support their work here. This usergroup has added benefits that can be very useful to a developer such as yourself. PM me after you post your first ROM and we'll discuss.

Sent by a little green robot
    05-28-2011 11:48 AM
    We offer special ROM Developer accounts for members who post and support their work here. This usergroup has added benefits that can be very useful to a developer such as yourself. PM me after you post your first ROM and we'll discuss.

Sent by a little green robot
    Thanks, I will do that...
    05-28-2011 12:21 PM
    Kejar31 developing a Rom for the droid charge excites me because i used liberty Rom on my droidx and it was awesome. I like my new droid charge and i can't wait for kejar31 Rom to come out i know it will be awesome.

05-31-2011 02:31 AM
    I can see a awesome future for the droid charge development.

05-31-2011 02:33 AM
    I can see a awesome future for the droid charge development.

Couldn't agree more. Really glad to hear kejar31 is going to get involved with working on the charge also. Makes my day that is for sure knowing others are now getting in on this and that I made the right purchase last week in buying the Charge. Was not a fan of the tBolt for many reasons so I went with the Charge and can't complain. that said things will only get better now I'm sure
    05-31-2011 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD