01-19-2012 09:32 AM
43 12
tools
    I was able to do the first part on my Charge (enter codes to get the SPC code field) but when I try entering the *#7594# nothing happens. I have cleared the field, rebooted, etc. Anyone else unable to launch the shutdown screen? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks
    07-23-2011 02:57 PM
    I was able to do the first part on my Charge (enter codes to get the SPC code field) but when I try entering the *#7594# nothing happens. I have cleared the field, rebooted, etc. Anyone else unable to launch the shutdown screen? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks
    What build/rom are you on?
    07-23-2011 03:19 PM
    What build/rom are you on?
    Stock...using launcherpro for home screen stuff but otherwise its standard.
    07-23-2011 03:24 PM
    Stock...using launcherpro for home screen stuff but otherwise its standard.
    Stock EE4? It should show up...the only hidden menu option that doesn't show up after updating to EE4 is the battery pop up notification, but the shutdown option still showed up for me when I tested it on my husbands phone after updating him to EE4, before flashing AB 5....I have no idea why it wouldn't be showing up for you? You enabled the hidden menus first, right?
    07-23-2011 03:44 PM
    I had enabled the hidden menus previously, but just tried it again and it showed disabled. Just followed all the steps again, and it worked! Murphy's law in effect...somehow just asking for help did the trick. Thanks for your assistance.
    07-23-2011 03:54 PM
    I had enabled the hidden menus previously, but just tried it again and it showed disabled. Just followed all the steps again, and it worked! Murphy's law in effect...somehow just asking for help did the trick. Thanks for your assistance.
    No problem - I'm glad you got it working :-)
    07-23-2011 03:56 PM
    What a great forum. I'm new to android from iphone and just wondered if the question got answered, or I didn't understand. Can you disable just the lock screen and preserve the power button choices without it shutting completely down. Thanks, J
    08-03-2011 07:10 PM
    What a great forum. I'm new to android from iphone and just wondered if the question got answered, or I didn't understand. Can you disable just the lock screen and preserve the power button choices without it shutting completely down. Thanks, J
    There isn't that option with the hidden menus. I agree its a pain disabling that power button menu pop up and I wish there was a way to just disable the lock screen. You could try using the app No Lock, but with Samsung phones, its hit or miss with all lock disabling apps. You will have to toggle it off/on a couple times a day and after you reboot your phone, but it if that doesn't bug you, then it should do the trick of getting rid of just the lock screen for you.
    08-03-2011 11:26 PM
    Thank you Girly. I'm using Agile lock's HTC 3.0 lock screen and prefer it to the Samsung. It basically puts two lock screens on my phone unless I disable as you have described. I just accidentally hit the power button by mistake and shut it down at the most inappropriate times. My next project is to root. I've jail broken an iPhone, but never rooted an android. Your favorite and easiest root program?
    08-05-2011 01:00 PM
    Those buttons don't wake my phone when pressed with the lock screen disabled, only the power button wakes my phone.
    Do you have custom keypad files? If so, what edits did you make? Or are you using the pin or pattern to unlock? Disabling the slide lock screen using this method, will allow your phone to wake when any hard key is pressed. I've tried for days to figure this out by editing keypad files as well as numerous apps and workarounds, and found nothing that will make my charge wake with no lock screen using only the power button. Maybe you'd be able to copy your keypad files to a notepad file and post them, so we can see how you got only your power button to wake the phone with no lock screen. Thanks
    08-14-2011 03:16 PM
    Originally Posted by girlymissjulie

Go to Dialer and enter *#83786633, then press the home key
    Go back into the Dialer, clear those numbers, then *#22745927
    Now a screen will appear asking for the SPC Code, enter 000000
    Press the Hiddenmenu Enable radio button, then press home button

To disable the lock screen (and power down pop up), go back into the Dialer and use the code *#7594#, select Shutdown and press the Home button. This, I have confirmed, does work on the Charge.

There is also the option to disable the full battery pop up, but I'm not sure if it actually works or not (I'll be able to find out later tonight). *#3844228#. It allows you to disable it, but the option never actually worked on my Fascinate, so I don't know if it will work on the Charge.
    08-21-2011 10:03 AM
    Yea!!!!

You are a genius!!!!
    08-21-2011 10:04 AM
    I owe you. Thanks!
    09-04-2011 09:49 PM
    I enter the second number in the dialer and no SPC screen pops up. I'm guessing that's because I don't have hidden menus enabled. How do I enable them? I so want to get rid of the annoying screenlock.

Seems that these smartphones, not just Samsung, have missed the boat on this feature. Are you reading this Samsung. A simple option button would have been so easy.

Got it. I didn't get the numbers correctly. I missed that they began with a "star" and then a "pound". That's a * and then a #. Gosh I feel silly. It worked just as you described. Thank you so very much.
    09-30-2011 12:47 PM
    Originally Posted by girlymissjulie

Go to Dialer and enter *#83786633, then press the home key
    Go back into the Dialer, clear those numbers, then *#22745927
    Now a screen will appear asking for the SPC Code, enter 000000
    Press the Hiddenmenu Enable radio button, then press home button

To disable the lock screen (and power down pop up), go back into the Dialer and use the code *#7594#, select Shutdown and press the Home button. This, I have confirmed, does work on the Charge.

There is also the option to disable the full battery pop up, but I'm not sure if it actually works or not (I'll be able to find out later tonight). *#3844228#. It allows you to disable it, but the option never actually worked on my Fascinate, so I don't know if it will work on the Charge.
    To Disable the lockscreen, you forgot to make sure you hit "OK" after putting the 000000 for the SPC code. Once "OK" is hit, it will say Saved. I didnt do that and thats why I couldnt figure out why the next step wasnt working for the Lock Screen. Once I made sure it said "saved" then I knew that the enable radio button was saved. Thanks though for the info, it works great.

Nick
    11-30-2011 07:47 AM
    I know this is an older thread, but I gotta say thanks. That swipe unlock bothered the hell outta me.
    01-17-2012 08:18 PM
    Why not just download nolock from the market? The popup still comes ip when holding the power button down, and no more lockscreen!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    TweakStock has this as an option as well.
    Chocu1a likes this.
    01-18-2012 07:02 AM
    Why not just download nolock from the market? The popup still comes ip when holding the power button down, and no more lockscreen!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Didn't know about nolock. Get's ride of the lockscreen and no unplanned for power downs when holding the power button a split second too long!
    01-19-2012 09:32 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD