I have my charge rooted with altered beast rom and voodoo kernel. I can connect to the internet through my pc using the wired PDAnet but when i use wireless tether I can not get on the internet. my computers wireless networking adapter sees the wireless tether but when i connect it says no internet access. has anyone been able to get wireless tethering to work with there charge if so please help this is one of the only reasons why I upgraded to a 4g phone and now i feel like im stuck. heeeeeeeeeeelp
    06-04-2011 10:27 PM
    i can not remember what its call. but look within the apps option to authorize your pc to connect to the internet. without that authorization, your pc will say that is connected but it will never go into the internet.
    hope it helps
    06-09-2011 03:24 AM
    I have my charge rooted with altered beast rom and voodoo kernel. I can connect to the internet through my pc using the wired PDAnet but when i use wireless tether I can not get on the internet. my computers wireless networking adapter sees the wireless tether but when i connect it says no internet access. has anyone been able to get wireless tethering to work with there charge if so please help this is one of the only reasons why I upgraded to a 4g phone and now i feel like im stuck. heeeeeeeeeeelp
    i cannot download wireless tethering
    06-13-2011 07:59 PM
    Get 'Barnacle' from the Market. That's what I've been using for wireless tethering and I've never had any issues with it.
    06-13-2011 08:09 PM
    It could be the version of Wireless Tether you're using. I believe the last couple releases were buggy and experiemental. I use Wfif Teher v3.0 on my Charge and it works great and comes with a toggle widget. I'm rooted and on the same rom as you with Voodoo enabled so it should work for you.

Try any of these:
    Wireless Tether 2.0.7
    Wireless Tether 2.0.8
    Wifi Tether 3.0
    06-13-2011 10:39 PM
    Get 'Barnacle' from the Market. That's what I've been using for wireless tethering and I've never had any issues with it.

can you use barnacle for connecting to a galaxy tab?
    06-25-2011 09:36 PM
    It could be the version of Wireless Tether you're using. I believe the last couple releases were buggy and experiemental. I use Wfif Teher v3.0 on my Charge and it works great and comes with a toggle widget. I'm rooted and on the same rom as you with Voodoo enabled so it should work for you.

Try any of these:
    Wireless Tether 2.0.7
    Wireless Tether 2.0.8
    Wifi Tether 3.0
    Tried all of those....no luck. I'm beginning to get a bit frustrated. I just need to get my galaxy tab connected to my charge for some brief work in the evenings.
    06-26-2011 03:17 AM
    if ur device is connecting to the tether but its stating no internet try turning the mobile data on...it wont do the internet if its off
    06-26-2011 03:55 AM
    the galaxy tab isn't seeing the tether at all.
    06-26-2011 02:06 PM
    I believe you can't tether an android device (your galaxy tab) to another android device (your charge) due to the fact that android doesn't recognize ad hoc tethering, at least I know this is true with barnacle, not sure about the other tethering options.
    06-26-2011 08:31 PM
    I believe you can't tether an android device (your galaxy tab) to another android device (your charge) due to the fact that android doesn't recognize ad hoc tethering, at least I know this is true with barnacle, not sure about the other tethering options.
    Well, that makes a lot of sense. :L Upsetting though. I've been able to get my XBOX 360 to connect to it and a few other non-Android devices but I haven't been able to get one Android device to connect. Is there any way to get infrastructure mode on a Charge or is Ad-hoc is good as it gets?
    06-26-2011 09:04 PM
    well, that dashes my hopes for the asus transformer i was thinking of getting. wifi tether does work with my macbook pro at least. my son got my iphone....looks like good ole mi-fi will see more action.
    06-26-2011 09:29 PM
    Well, that makes a lot of sense. :L Upsetting though. I've been able to get my XBOX 360 to connect to it and a few other non-Android devices but I haven't been able to get one Android device to connect. Is there any way to get infrastructure mode on a Charge or is Ad-hoc is good as it gets?
    How's the performance on the xbox when it's connected? Also, what games do you usually play on the 360?
    06-27-2011 11:30 PM
    Just as an FYI you can tether an android device to another android device. For example I have owned a iPad 2, Motorola Xoom, Acer Iconia, Samsung Galaxy 10.1 16gb and 32gb and I have successfully tethered all the items to my Droid X (Rooted) & Samsung Droid Charge (Stock).
    06-28-2011 09:08 AM
    How's the performance on the xbox when it's connected? Also, what games do you usually play on the 360?
    The connection was fine. I was playing Halo Reach and in a party with some friends from Scotland at the same time. This was on 3G btw. I haven't had a chance to use it with 4G since I don't get it at my house yet.
    06-28-2011 11:48 AM
    Just as an FYI you can tether an android device to another android device. For example I have owned a iPad 2, Motorola Xoom, Acer Iconia, Samsung Galaxy 10.1 16gb and 32gb and I have successfully tethered all the items to my Droid X (Rooted) & Samsung Droid Charge (Stock).
    I would love to know how tether my galaxy tab to my charge. Which app are you using?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    07-01-2011 09:32 PM
    I would love to know how tether my galaxy tab to my charge. Which app are you using?

I am with Verizon as I assume you are a well. Using the Charges included hot spot tether feature your tablet should pick up the wireless signal easily. Before I was using a Droid X rooted with Apex.

Is that what you are asking?

07-02-2011 12:49 AM
    i am with verizon. I use pdanet to tether my macbook pro and have tried wifi tether and barnacle to try and tether my galaxy tab, but no luck connecting the tab.
    07-02-2011 01:15 PM
    i am with verizon. I use pdanet to tether my macbook pro and have tried wifi tether and barnacle to try and tether my galaxy tab, but no luck connecting the tab.
    Are you rooted? If you are not rooted use the included Verizon mobile hotspot app. Your tablet will pick up the wifi signal.

07-02-2011 04:28 PM
    If you are rooted the wifi tether application found in the Apex rom for Droid x worked perfectly for my ipad2, xoom, iconia and galaxy 10.1. I am going to root my charge tonight so I can let you know if I can tether.

07-02-2011 05:03 PM
    Are you rooted? If you are not rooted use the included Verizon mobile hotspot app. Your tablet will pick up the wifi signal.

Right, but there will be a charge after the 7th.
    07-02-2011 05:23 PM
    Ok I rooted my Charge this last weekend. You are right that both Barnacle and OpenGarden do not work tethering two android devices.

See the article here.
    szym.net Ad-hoc Wifi in Android

It is very odd that both the Verizon hotspot application that comes pre-installed the Charge will tether two android devices without issues. Unsure as to what to do now as I do not know how to compile code.
    07-06-2011 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD