overclock?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but the kernel needs to support it. I think there is one that does OC/UV but I checked and now I am not totally sure it does.

Last edited:

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Im running stable @1.4GHZ...

I'm on Gummycarged 1.9 and using Setcpu to o/c @1.4 GHZ...It supports 1.5 GHZ & 1.6 GHZ but IME will cause bootloop. I'm consistently scoring a benchmark between 2000 & 2180! My best score before was 1750. I also figured out to use Android Overclock and set VM heap to 40M...this immediately fixed the lag and freeze issues. I up until doing these mods daily regretted giving up my Droidx and Droidx II. I have both the Droidx, Droidx II and with the new mods the Charge kicks both their asses! I have a new favorite device!!!!!

Last edited:

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Im running stable @1.4GHZ...

I'm on Gummycarged 1.9 and using Setcpu to o/c @1.4 GHZ...It supports 1.5 GHZ & 1.6 GHZ but IME will cause bootloop. I'm consistently scoring a benchmark between 2000 & 2180! My best score before was 1750. I also figured out to use Android Overclock and set VM heap to 40M...this immediately fixed the lag and freeze issues. I up until doing these mods daily regretted giving up my Droidx and Droidx II. I have both the Droidx, Droidx II and with the new mods the Charge kicks both their asses! I have a new favorite device!!!!!

i just rooted literally today gummy 1.9.1, one of the things i wanted to do was overclock. which app do you use? can you point me to a good posting on a how to use overclock/setcpu?

TGreg104

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
peanut butter jelly time ovc with debloated ee4 over clocked up to 15000 running consistently at 11000. Quadrant scores at 1732. Operates and looks like a stock charge but faster and smoother. Couldn't be happier

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm overclocked at 1.3ghz. Things are good on my end.

I've considered overclocking, but I'm not totally decided on it. How's your battery life Halo? This is (obviously) one of the most important qualities of my phone and wouldn't want to sacrifice much for performance.

ddemlong

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from the inmuts OTB kernel to the imoseyon 13.3, much smoother. quadrants are slightly lower but much more stable, still 1950-2000 scores. overclocked to 1.3ghz

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
OK I just :cool:dont get it. Why OC? all you are doing is making the processor work harder than it should for very minimal gain. I would think the wear and tear would negate the gain on speed....maybe it is just me.

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
OK I just :cool:dont get it. Why OC? all you are doing is making the processor work harder than it should for very minimal gain. I would think the wear and tear would negate the gain on speed....maybe it is just me.

Yeah i notice very little improvement with speed switching from imnuts non-OC to OC. I would think when my phone gets warm around 37*C, it would do apparent wear and tear on the processor. I was at OC'd at 1400 Mhz and the only time my phone heated up to 45*C when i was playing games while it was charging. As of now im back to stock max voltage of 1300mv at 1200Mhz just to play it safe, I really dont care for quandrant scores. Man if we had a similar kernel to comavolt for the fascinate I would totally stick with that.

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I've considered overclocking, but I'm not totally decided on it. How's your battery life Halo? This is (obviously) one of the most important qualities of my phone and wouldn't want to sacrifice much for performance.

Honestly, out of all the tweaking I've done (between overclocking and non-overclocking, different kernels) the only difference I've noticed is Quadrant Scores and AnTuTu Benchmark scores. As far as daily use goes, it's all the same. Haven't noticed any significant battery life increase or decrease. I just flashed back to imnuts's lastest PBJT kernel tonight. I think I'll leave it at this setup for a while until they get the GB releases bug free.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude