12-09-2011 03:15 PM
278 ... 89101112
tools
    Gummy charged is pretty awesome I must say. My question is, how to I remove it to go back to stock so Verizon can't tell I messed with the phone? I dropped the phone earlier and got a crack on my screen (lucky I have insurance/warranty).

Thanks in advance!
    Just re flash one of the ED1 or ED2 with odin and your back to factory.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1107797
    06-29-2011 05:06 PM
    Is the sd card fix included in 1.8.5?
    06-29-2011 08:51 PM
    Is the sd card fix included in 1.8.5?
    I've been able to mount the phone to my PC with no problems so far, running 1.8.5.
    06-29-2011 09:01 PM
    Make Sure you have the option checked either Mass Storage or Ask On Connection. This is under Settings USB Settings. Also Make sure you have USB Debugging off which is under Settings / Applications/ Developement. If this is not your issue then make sure you have the drivers installed for your phone on your computer. You can get them here...
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...-download.html

Hope it helps.
    It worked after reinstalling the Samsung Drivers. Thank you!

I have another problem. If I root the phone but don't install the ROM, I am able to install Medscape and download the reference database. If I root the phone but then install the GummyCharged ROM, I am unable to download the reference database. I tried it three times today and it GummyCharged consistently did not allow MedScape to work. You see, the clinical database needs to be downloaded to the phone for offline usage, but for some reason when I install GummyCharge, I am unable to download it. Medscape gives me the error "internet connectivity was interrupted, please try again". I do not get this error if I simply root the phone without installing GummyCharged. I have not tested this with other ROMs yet but I personally like GummyCharged.
    06-30-2011 12:11 AM
    Just re flash one of the ED1 or ED2 with odin and your back to factory.

{List} Roms/Kernels/Mods/Themes 6.29.11 - xda-developers
    Thank you very much sir!
    07-01-2011 09:36 AM
    Just installed this and it is nice!!! Thanks for the hard work!! One question, has anyone else had their pics not show up in the gallery or in my files?? I just noticed that i cant access them. They are on my storage card with all my other files. When i try to access the pics, it get about 7 files with weird extensions but no pics. Anyone know how to fix this?
    07-01-2011 07:07 PM
    Try taking the SD card out of the phone if you have an adapter and plug it into your computer to make sure the pictures are ok. Then try putting it back into the phone and open the gallery again.
    07-01-2011 07:54 PM
    Try taking the SD card out of the phone if you have an adapter and plug it into your computer to make sure the pictures are ok. Then try putting it back into the phone and open the gallery again.
    nope, all i get is a photos.0 file. that's weird because i have never had a problem accessing the pics with any other gummy rom version
    07-01-2011 08:00 PM
    Honestly, I was very close to going back to Verizon after day 2 with the Charge's stock, cartoon-like UI. It's my first Droid and I never messed around with any of this high-level, rooting and roming with anything. The and all the other support on the forums made it so easy. Thanks guys!
    07-03-2011 09:16 AM
    awesome.. gonna try this and see how it works!
    07-03-2011 11:52 AM
    Does anyone have the stock samsung music player apk file? I would really appreciate it.
    07-04-2011 01:10 PM
    I absolutely love this rom... This may sound funny as it seems everyone loves asop everything..... But is there anyway to get the puzzle lockscreen back?

That is the onlythjngbi miss from from the stock rom.

Thanks in advance
    07-11-2011 01:23 AM
    guys.. I am getting a force close on Google Services Framework (process com.google.process.gapps)... running gummy 1.8.5 and voodoo overclock...also getting android.process.acore force close. i'm guessing its a kernal issue?
    07-12-2011 08:22 PM
    guys.. I am getting a force close on Google Services Framework (process com.google.process.gapps)... running gummy 1.8.5 and voodoo overclock...also getting android.process.acore force close. i'm guessing its a kernal issue?
    This happened to me when I was on vacation, I couldn't get my phone to do anything I ended up doing a factory reset and it fixed it. hasn't happened again.
    07-13-2011 11:08 AM
    Just installed this rom....works great. Only issue was myverizon...but I got that fixed.

However....Samsung's Media Hub is no longer listed in the apps. When I bought the phone, there was a $25 credit for movies, tv. I would sure like to install that again to use up the credit.

Any suggestions on where I can get the apk. I checked the market and nothing.
    07-14-2011 08:10 PM
    Just installed this rom....works great. Only issue was myverizon...but I got that fixed.

However....Samsung's Media Hub is no longer listed in the apps. When I bought the phone, there was a $25 credit for movies, tv. I would sure like to install that again to use up the credit.

Copied from kejar's post
    -Toolbox
    *To access open Terminal Emulator and type $su the #gummytoolbox
    *The toolbox will allow you to add back apps such as MediaHub, DLNA, MusicMod and VVM
    07-14-2011 08:12 PM
    Nevermind...found the apk...installed mediahub. all is well....
    07-14-2011 08:18 PM
    Copied from kejar's post
    -Toolbox
    *To access open Terminal Emulator and type $su the #gummytoolbox
    *The toolbox will allow you to add back apps such as MediaHub, DLNA, MusicMod and VVM
    Thanks...will give it a try. I found mediahub in a posting, installed it and all was fine. But when I signed in, my $25 credit was gone. Will try the Term. Emul. way and see if that is a different version or ???

Other app I was using and would like to get back was a widget that would show you the number of apps running and you could click on it and then end all. I was not an app from the market, it was stock with the phone and worked great. But I have no idea what it was called nor do I have a screen shot to go back and look to see. Any help ????
    07-14-2011 08:43 PM
    I have the $25 credit too, but never used it. Not that big of deal to me. And I'm not sure if the Gummy Toolbox app will bring back your credit, but it would definitely be good to know!

Maybe go to the Verizon store and play around with their Charge they have on display to find the widget you're looking for.
    07-14-2011 08:51 PM

You can add it using the Gummy Toolbox. Search this thread, instructions are in here somewhere.
    07-14-2011 09:24 PM
    I have the $25 credit too, but never used it. Not that big of deal to me. And I'm not sure if the Gummy Toolbox app will bring back your credit, but it would definitely be good to know!

Maybe go to the Verizon store and play around with their Charge they have on display to find the widget you're looking for.
    Found the app (media hub) on the forum and downloaded...but it did not show my $25 credit.

Then used the gummy toolbox to install it...it loaded a second version and when launched, my credit was there. So I removed the first one.

Samsung Media Hub will work and show your $credits if you use gummytoolbox to install it.
    07-15-2011 07:48 AM
    After installing the ROM, I'm not getting any blocked ads. Any ideas as to why? I went into the terminal to try to fix it with no success.

My other question is, can I restore my icon locations using Titanium Backup.
    07-15-2011 02:44 PM
    can I install this over AB5 and do I need to do anything first
    07-17-2011 12:48 AM
    I would think that you could just wipe the data and cache.
    07-17-2011 02:11 AM
    My other question is, can I restore my icon locations using Titanium Backup.
    Icon locations? Can you explain please? Do you mean where the app icon locations are on your different screens?

You need to wipe data/factory reset and I would also wipe cache too.
    07-17-2011 01:50 PM
278 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD