12-09-2011 03:15 PM
278 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Just started doing that did not do it before, but seems to be working so no worries.

Next favor I'm trying to demo out the Qriocity from sony. and I can't seem to find it in the app store via my phone. So I sent a query to google and they said if I was running a custom rom it might be the culprit can any of you guys see if it shows up for you. There is a QR code in the main page of AC. Thanks

RS
    No luck for me. Even on the market web page it says its not compatible.
    06-16-2011 02:58 PM
    When I go to the market via the web, It says its compatible with my Samsung sch-i510. My wifes stock charge gets no love either.

RS
    06-16-2011 04:39 PM
    When I go to the market via the web, It says its compatible with my Samsung sch-i510. My wifes stock charge gets no love either.

RS
    Wait, yours says it IS compatible? I'm wondering if you left the word "not" out of that sentence, because the statement about your wife's phone makes it sound like you don't have access to it.
    06-16-2011 04:44 PM
    ????? The wifes phone nor mine will find it via the market on our phones but It does via the PC/market It says it will download in a few moments but nothing has happened in 2 days.

06-16-2011 05:05 PM
    Have a thought on this Market issue but I can't mess with it atm as I'm at the office and don't have the info handy.

anywhoo if you guys have a copy of the ED2 software take a look at the build.prop and look for the finger print line. Copy that down and then edit the build.prop in the newest GC build to match it. Once done reboot the device and see if the app will download correctly. If that fixes it plz post the fingerprint info from the ED2 build so other can can test this

Edit: Okay just got home folks and tried my suggestion out. That said the app being discussed not showing up DOES show up in the Market now and installs correctly after editing the build.prop file. So everyone knows if they want to edit it here is the info that needs to be changed so it works right. Just edit these 2 lines in your current build.prop to show like I will post below. Once done save the changes and reboot the device. BTW I did this via Root Explorer. You can do it via ADB also but you will have to pull the build.prop make the edits and then push it back.

ro.build.description=SCH-I510-user 2.2.1 FROYO ED2 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/SCH-I510/SCH-I510/SCH-I510:2.2.1/FROYO/ED2:user/release-keys
    rescueswimmer likes this.
    06-16-2011 05:14 PM
    First off Keljar. Pat yourself on the back very very nice. Love it. The wife likes it but does, she likes the factory SMS setup with the 2 color balloons. Is there a way I can set that up like that for her. Also in the SMS settings what exactly does the "CUSTOM USER AGENT" do?
    06-16-2011 06:39 PM
    btw if anyone else can test this out would be great to make sure they see the same results I get. If they do after I get done with cooking and the normal house BS i'll pull the build.prop from my device and make the edits and then post a file that everyone can use so they do not have to do the edits themselves.
    06-16-2011 06:59 PM
    I just noticed the MLB at bat 2011 does show up. If I change this information will it be visible?
    06-16-2011 07:57 PM
    I just installed this and WOW im loving it...(hate to sound like the mcdonalds slogan but it is what it is!! lol)
    Thanks alot for doing this. It just made my phone that much better.
    06-16-2011 08:14 PM
    I just noticed the MLB at bat 2011 does show up. If I change this information will it be visible?

I just check on my device and yes that app does show up in the Market for download. FYI prior to me making the edits in build.prop I posted a page back the app did NOT show up but now does
    06-16-2011 08:18 PM
    So, I tried the "GummyCharged"............. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into it. It's a decent rom, with that said, I prefer AB. GummyCharged themed with GummyBeast was okay but it was still lacking IMO. It seemed boring compared to the original. Only mentioning this as a form of healthy criticism. Like I said, I appreciate all the hard work and I love to see new dev. Thanks again guys.
    06-16-2011 09:02 PM
    Donation sent kejar! LOVE the ROM. Gives me the feel of my OG Droid but 1,000 times better. Definitely looking forward to what the future has in store.
    06-16-2011 09:35 PM
    Have a thought on this Market issue but I can't mess with it atm as I'm at the office and don't have the info handy.

anywhoo if you guys have a copy of the ED2 software take a look at the build.prop and look for the finger print line. Copy that down and then edit the build.prop in the newest GC build to match it. Once done reboot the device and see if the app will download correctly. If that fixes it plz post the fingerprint info from the ED2 build so other can can test this

Edit: Okay just got home folks and tried my suggestion out. That said the app being discussed not showing up DOES show up in the Market now and installs correctly after editing the build.prop file. So everyone knows if they want to edit it here is the info that needs to be changed so it works right. Just edit these 2 lines in your current build.prop to show like I will post below. Once done save the changes and reboot the device. BTW I did this via Root Explorer. You can do it via ADB also but you will have to pull the build.prop make the edits and then push it back.

ro.build.description=SCH-I510-user 2.2.1 FROYO ED2 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/SCH-I510/SCH-I510/SCH-I510:2.2.1/FROYO/ED2:user/release-keys

Worked like a Charm. I wonder why the issue? Anybody have any ideas on that one. Like I said my wifes stock ee4 would not find it either.

RS
    06-16-2011 10:10 PM
    Worked like a Charm. I wonder why the issue? Anybody have any ideas on that one. Like I said my wifes stock ee4 would not find it either.

RS
    Just wanted to thank you kejar for all the hard work. Flashed 1.75 last night and it's working like a charm
    06-17-2011 08:04 AM

RS
    Excellent glad it worked out. Back at the office again already but later today I'll try to get an updated build.prop for other to use so everything displays correctly in the Market.

as to why it is happening my guess is they have not updated things Market side yet since pushing out the EE4 update. Or the app developers haven't done what they need to after thigns get pushed out.
    06-17-2011 08:12 AM
    Gummy CHARGED

Rev your Charge up and get ready cause this things fast!!!

Notes:
    Select Settings-->Display settings-->Unlock screen-->Glass unlock to get incoming calls to show up with the AOSP lockscreen slider rather than the puzzle crap

* If coming from another ROM You MUST wipe before installing this

While this update is built on top EE4 with will work with ED2 although I do recommend upgrading to EE4.. Instructions on how to do that will come out later tonight

FABOLOUS for allowing me to use his Server to host Gummy Charged and letting me use his toolbox script to make mine!!!
    Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from.
    DroidXcon for his help and patience with me while walking me thought the while Odin thing

Credits:
    IMNUTS – His initial ed2 Debloated ROM was where I started on GummyCharged 1.0 (although GummyCharged 1.5 has a completely new base)

Features:
    - Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM and Android source trees from Froyo and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
    - New Base built on top of EE4
    - The only apps left from TW are Dialer, Contacts, Camera and Browser
    - AppWidgetPicker - built byboombuler
    - Latest Market included
    - Black Gtalk – themed by me
    - Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
    - 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by me)
    - Themed Dialer, Contacts, Keyboard Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
    - All apps optimized and zip aligned

More to come...

Known Issues:
    - There are still some themes tweaks that need to be done but for the most part you will most likely not even notice.. Expect them to be resolve in a future release
    - Some people are having issues with Exchange and may continue to do so until I get a chance to look into it

Disclaimer:
    I take no responsibility for what this ROM may do to your phone.

Download:
    MD5SUM
    723cd9a546297bf9121a0bfed0a3108b
    GummyCharged1.7.5

Updates:

Change Log:
    -Finished the Theme (if you see a bug let me know)
    *Remeoved the location icon
    *Fixxed black on black text in many places thoughout
    *Fixed white on white text when adding a contact
    *removed the batter charged (credit imnuts)
    *tweaked TW apps for an overall better more integrated look
    -Removed
    *MusicMoc (CM6's Music Player)
    *Media Hub
    *DLNA
    *CM6's Filemanager
    *CM6's Email app (was causing issues with Exchange)
    -Added
    *Google's Music player (the one used with Music Beta)
    *CM7's Files-manager (compiled myself)
    *Email app built from AOSP (fixes Exchange and other issues)
    *Terminal Emulator
    *Gummy Toolbox*******
    -Fixed
    *Email issues
    *FC on contact deletes
    *USB automounting (credit imnuts)

-Toolbox
    *To access open Terminal Emulator and type $su the #gummytoolbox
    *The toolbox will allow you to add back apps such as MediaHub, DLNA, MusicMod and VVM
    *Much more to com from the toolbox down the road

Install:
    make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
    -boot into recovery via Recovery
    -select "wipe data/factory reset"
    -select "Yes -- delete all data"
    -go back
    -select "install zip from sdcard"
    -select "choose zip from sdcard"
    -find and select GummyChargedXX.zip
    -reboot

Twitter:
    Follow me on Twitter for Extra news and updates on GummyCharged @kejar31

Donate:
    Donate if you like what we do by buying us a round of beers!
    thanks for all your good work
    06-17-2011 08:46 AM
    First off Keljar. Pat yourself on the back very very nice. Love it. The wife likes it but does, she likes the factory SMS setup with the 2 color balloons. Is there a way I can set that up like that for her. Also in the SMS settings what exactly does the "CUSTOM USER AGENT" do?
    Anybody?
    06-17-2011 08:59 AM
    Anybody?
    The icons for the notification bar are in the framework-res.apk. So to get the blue bubble icons back again you'd have to decompile the originally framework-res.apk and grab them from there. Then pull the current framework-res.apk in GC 1.7.5 and edit it by placing the icons you want in that one.

bottom line is it can be done but it would take some work. And if you haven;'t done it before I don't suggest doing it. Reason being is messing with framework-res.apk is touchy and one mess up will cause the device to bootloop more then likely.

Edit: Forgot or another option for here to make your life easy is to check out this link. It is a port of the AB Rom look for use with the GC ROM. So you could have here take a look at hte screen shots to see if she likes it. And btw it DOES have the icon in it she is looking for. http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...1-11-a-15.html
    06-17-2011 09:32 AM
    So, I tried the "GummyCharged"............. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into it. It's a decent rom, with that said, I prefer AB. GummyCharged themed with GummyBeast was okay but it was still lacking IMO. It seemed boring compared to the original. Only mentioning this as a form of healthy criticism. Like I said, I appreciate all the hard work and I love to see new dev. Thanks again guys.
    One thing to note - GummyCHARGED is just a ROM with some improvements and debloating while keeping a mostly stock theme so that people can customize the look to their own preference. If you want a bunch of cool visual changes, you need to load a separate theme.

AB includes a theme as well, which is great for those who like that theme (I think it's pretty cool), but more difficult for those who want a more stock look.
    06-17-2011 10:25 AM
    I'm still unable to play videos online (YouTube, MSN, etc). I had this problem since 1.0 and the fix in each update never worked for me. Wiped everything with each install and still no go. Every time I try to play a video online, it would start for 1sec and then I get a force close. What's weird is I can play YouTube vids just fine using the YouTube app.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.
    06-17-2011 11:26 AM
    I'm still unable to play videos online (YouTube, MSN, etc). I had this problem since 1.0 and the fix in each update never worked for me. Wiped everything with each install and still no go. Every time I try to play a video online, it would start for 1sec and then I get a force close. What's weird is I can play YouTube vids just fine using the YouTube app.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.
    Have you tried reloading Flash from the market? I believe those are all flash players, so that would be your culprit. Also, maybe go to your applications and "Clear data" on flash.
    06-17-2011 11:42 AM
    One thing to note - GummyCHARGED is just a ROM with some improvements and debloating while keeping a mostly stock theme so that people can customize the look to their own preference. If you want a bunch of cool visual changes, you need to load a separate theme.

AB includes a theme as well, which is great for those who like that theme (I think it's pretty cool), but more difficult for those who want a more stock look.
    Yea, I know that. I said I themed it with GummyBeast!? I was like it had the main theme down but it was missing all the small things. Whatever though - it's pick your poison - Coke or Pepsi.
    06-17-2011 12:45 PM
    Yea, I know that. I said I themed it with GummyBeast!? I was like it had the main theme down but it was missing all the small things. Whatever though - it's pick your poison - Coke or Pepsi.
    Right, I just wanted to clarify for any newbies reading your post about the difference between a regular ROM and a themed one.

New AB should be out in the next couple of days, too.
    06-17-2011 01:01 PM
    Next favor I'm trying to demo out the Qriocity from sony. and I can't seem to find it in the app store via my phone. So I sent a query to google and they said if I was running a custom rom it might be the culprit can any of you guys see if it shows up for you. There is a QR code in the main page of AC. Thanks

RS
    This appears to be working and showing as compatible for me now.
    06-17-2011 02:55 PM
    This appears to be working and showing as compatible for me now.
    With the stock build.prop? Or did you edit with the info I posted a page or 2 back. Mind checking if MLB at Bat shows up on your setup also. I know last night MLB and the app discuss would NOT show up until after I edited my build.prop
    06-17-2011 03:01 PM
278 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD