12-09-2011 02:15 PM
278 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Hi. How do I "see" the toolbox? I placed the file on my sd card and installed via CWM and did the terminal $su the #gummytoolbox but what now?
    If you installed the .zip for the toolbox, after typing su you need to type "updatetb" and follow the process, then type "gummytoolbox" at the root prompt in order for it to open. It just runs in bash, nothing else pops up, think aptitude if you're familiar with any Debian distros (like Ubuntu).

Does it matter if voodoo lax fix is enabled or disabled before I install this ROM?

right now under CWM it says lagfix disabled but not 100% sure and having problems with stock rom I would like to just install this one.

Thanks
    CWM doesn't show whether the lagfix is enabled or not, you need to type "mount" in the terminal and look for "ext4" in the first few lines, instead of "rfs". Alternatively you can look in the voodoo control app, it should tell you whether its enabled or not. But no, it doesn't need to be disabled, as the different filesystems are dependent on the kernel, not the rom. You only need to disable it if you're flashing a non-voodoo kernel over a voodoo one. Even then a complete Odin flash package (rom/kernel/recovery) will be fine if you've bricked your phone.

Just remember to backup everything with Titanium Backup, and back up your contacts to Google or your SD card and then do a full wipe/factory reset. And of course don't use backup/restore in CWM. You may already know that, but I'm just making sure.
    06-20-2011 08:47 PM
    For updating from 1.7.5 do I need to do a wipe/factory reset? Or can I just flash through CWM? Will my apps/contacts/etc be gone?
    06-23-2011 12:53 AM
    I flashed 1.8.1 on top of 1.7.5 and for some reason my events are not showing up in Calendar. I can't seem to find an option to manage my account either.

Is there a separate package fix?
    06-23-2011 01:55 AM
    I'm really enjoying this ROM. Thank you! I'm only having one problem, which is app updates not showing up in the market when I pull up "My apps" even though updates have been posted to the market. I made added the modified build.prop file from a few pages ago and it didn't help.

Thanks in advance!
    06-23-2011 10:47 AM
    If you installed the .zip for the toolbox, after typing su you need to type "updatetb" and follow the process, then type "gummytoolbox" at the root prompt in order for it to open. It just runs in bash, nothing else pops up, think aptitude if you're familiar with any Debian distros (like Ubuntu).

CWM doesn't show whether the lagfix is enabled or not, you need to type "mount" in the terminal and look for "ext4" in the first few lines, instead of "rfs". Alternatively you can look in the voodoo control app, it should tell you whether its enabled or not. But no, it doesn't need to be disabled, as the different filesystems are dependent on the kernel, not the rom. You only need to disable it if you're flashing a non-voodoo kernel over a voodoo one. Even then a complete Odin flash package (rom/kernel/recovery) will be fine if you've bricked your phone.

Just remember to backup everything with Titanium Backup, and back up your contacts to Google or your SD card and then do a full wipe/factory reset. And of course don't use backup/restore in CWM. You may already know that, but I'm just making sure.
    Thanks.
    06-23-2011 11:00 AM
    awesome job with the rom! have a problem with 1.8 though. flashed on top of 1.7.5 without wiping and all seems well except for the camera. every time I try using the camera (either through the camera app or youtube etc.) the screen blacks out and after a few seconds I get an error message "The application Camera (process com.sec.android.app.camera) has been stopped unexpectedly, Please try again." can you look into this? it was working fine with 1.7.5. thanks and keep up the awesome work!
    06-23-2011 11:54 AM
    awesome job with the rom! have a problem with 1.8 though. flashed on top of 1.7.5 without wiping and all seems well except for the camera. every time I try using the camera (either through the camera app or youtube etc.) the screen blacks out and after a few seconds I get an error message "The application Camera (process com.sec.android.app.camera) has been stopped unexpectedly, Please try again." can you look into this? it was working fine with 1.7.5. thanks and keep up the awesome work!
    If you are on 1.8 head over here [ROM][EE4] GummyCHARGED 1.8 06/22/11 and grab the Camera fix file. It is corrected in his newest 1.8.1 build fyi.
    integral0 likes this.
    06-23-2011 12:26 PM
    Hi. First, great work! Love it after 12 hours (1.7.5.) Clean and fast. Coming from AB 5 and EE4. Did a complete wipe before installing. I haven't seen this on this thread, but I'm now under attack from OZ Mail messages after setting up email. Related to the POP3 accounts and not Exchange. What did I do wrong? Any recommendations appreciated including starting from scratch. Thanks in advance.
    06-23-2011 01:50 PM
    Hi. First, great work! Love it after 12 hours (1.7.5.) Clean and fast. Coming from AB 5 and EE4. Did a complete wipe before installing. I haven't seen this on this thread, but I'm now under attack from OZ Mail messages after setting up email. Related to the POP3 accounts and not Exchange. What did I do wrong? Any recommendations appreciated including starting from scratch. Thanks in advance.

Its a Verizon issue with ozmail contact them and have them put a stop to it. you may want to reply STOP to help speed the process along but you will need to contact Verizon about it.
    06-23-2011 02:24 PM
    Additional - wiped all the POP3 accounts and still getting messages from OZMAIL so it must be settings from the previous ROM. Also tried a different client (K9) but no luck. Lots of threads on this but little clarity and precise remedies. Tried responding to the texts and don't want to call Verizon. Thanks again.
    06-23-2011 02:35 PM
    Its a Verizon issue with ozmail contact them and have them put a stop to it. you may want to reply STOP to help speed the process along but you will need to contact Verizon about it.
    Thanks. I guess I'll be calling Verizon!
    06-23-2011 02:38 PM
    I'm really enjoying this ROM. Thank you! I'm only having one problem, which is app updates not showing up in the market when I pull up "My apps" even though updates have been posted to the market. I made added the modified build.prop file from a few pages ago and it didn't help.

Thanks in advance!
    I had that issue. Make sure you have a back up and you need to do a master reset and then it should work. Then restore your apps with what ever program you use.
    06-23-2011 03:11 PM
    Does anyone else have issues with their Calendar app? None of the events are being synced to my phone, and none of the events I create on the phone show up on the server. I checked the account settings and everything is fine.

Is there a bug?
    06-23-2011 07:22 PM
    GO to menu settings sync click google uncheck calendar then recheck it should really sync.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-23-2011 07:35 PM
    Is there any way to run netflix on charge. I tried a few hacked apk's and the original app but they did not work
    06-23-2011 07:50 PM
    Is there any way to run netflix on charge. I tried a few hacked apk's and the original app but they did not work
    This isn't the thread for asking about netflix, and no, it won't work with the charge, not even the other apks.
    06-23-2011 08:32 PM
    Anyway to get Backup assistant in this ROM ? I applied a backup assistant apk form a member at xda and one droidxcon posted but all i get is a black screen when I open the app ? can anyone help I real need this to work.
    06-23-2011 10:26 PM
    Anyway to get Backup assistant in this ROM ? I applied a backup assistant apk form a member at xda and one droidxcon posted but all i get is a black screen when I open the app ? can anyone help I real need this to work.
    Download this zip, install through Recovery thingy, CWM? Use the install from zip,

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    06-23-2011 10:52 PM
    Download this zip, install through Recovery thingy, CWM? Use the install from zip,

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Doesnt work... just a header that says Backup Assistant and a black screen ? F@34!
    06-24-2011 01:10 AM
    Doesnt work... just a header that says Backup Assistant and a black screen ? F@34!
    I tried as well Same thing. Black Screen with Backup Assistant on the top
    06-24-2011 07:08 AM
    That weird is worked for me? did you guys wipe when you went to 1.8?
    06-24-2011 08:02 AM
    im having same issue with backup assistant, just a black screen.
    06-24-2011 09:05 AM
    That weird is worked for me? did you guys wipe when you went to 1.8?
    yep i wiped everything.
    06-24-2011 09:08 AM
    If you are on 1.8 head over here [ROM][EE4] GummyCHARGED 1.8 06/22/11 and grab the Camera fix file. It is corrected in his newest 1.8.1 build fyi.
    Thanks! CWM'ed the 1.8.1 build, camera works fine. Just to chime in, I'm also encountering the same Backup Assistant problems as well with this new build (black screen).
    06-24-2011 09:34 AM
    Easy work around for Backup Assitant not working. You can log into your backup assistant accont at this address, http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=NYaRYXAY and choose to export your contacts for an email accoint ie google. It will export them to a CSV file. Log into your gmail account and import them. Then sync your contacts with gmail and there ya go. Takes about 3 mins to complete from start to finsh.
    P1X3LPU5H3R likes this.
    06-24-2011 01:06 PM
278 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD