12-09-2011 02:15 PM
278 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Easy work around for Backup Assitant not working. You can log into your backup assistant accont at this address, http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=XdT7c6Xr and choose to export your contacts for an email accoint ie google. It will export them to a CSV file. Log into your gmail account and import them. Then sync your contacts with gmail and there ya go. Takes about 3 mins to complete from start to finsh.
    i tried that but that still didnt work. i cant even access any contacts or store any contacts. im also having trouble accessing my verizon. Any help will be appreciated
    06-24-2011 02:23 PM
    i tried that but that still didnt work. i cant even access any contacts or store any contacts. im also having trouble accessing my verizon. Any help will be appreciated
    If I had the ability to help you I would. Unfortunately I am a beginner. If it were me... I would start all over. Boot to CW and Wipe. The Flash from Zip 1.8.1 and try again.
    06-24-2011 03:34 PM
    When you flash this make sure you wipe everything. Including under the advance tab of CVM Dalvik cache.
    06-24-2011 04:44 PM
    kejar, why leave the thunderbolt?
    06-24-2011 04:59 PM
    kejar, why leave the thunderbolt?
    He wanted a good phone

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-24-2011 06:19 PM
    He wanted a good phone
    Couldn't agree more.
    06-24-2011 07:22 PM
    So coming from 1.7.5...are people wiping completely or just installing 1.8 over 1.7.5? If you are wiping...what are the steps?
    06-24-2011 08:16 PM
    So coming from 1.7.5...are people wiping completely or just installing 1.8 over 1.7.5? If you are wiping...what are the steps?
    If your running Titanium and you have a good back up set up and you don't mind setting up a few of your programs again. I would wipe everything I mean everything except your external SD. That way you get a clean install. Less chance for errors etc.
    06-24-2011 09:30 PM
    how is 1.8.1 working for everyone? I just rooted so I don't have a good previous point of reference but my battery life seems a bit worst than stock? Perhaps that's the voodoo pbjt kernel I have? Otherwise im really liking it. Very fast.

Also when switching themes can I just copy the zip to sd and flash? What if I flash a GC theme and want to go back to the base GC theme? I assume in that scenario I just flash the rom again, without messing with the kernel.

Thanks for the patience with my noobdom!
    06-25-2011 06:05 PM
    how is 1.8.1 working for everyone? I just rooted so I don't have a good previous point of reference but my battery life seems a bit worst than stock? Perhaps that's the voodoo pbjt kernel I have? Otherwise im really liking it. Very fast.

Also when switching themes can I just copy the zip to sd and flash? What if I flash a GC theme and want to go back to the base GC theme? I assume in that scenario I just flash the rom again, without messing with the kernel.

Thanks for the patience with my noobdom!

My battery life has not really changed from AB4-AB5 Through the versions of gummy charge. The pbj rom should help increase battery life since one of the features is its slightly undervolted.

Yes you just flash the themes over top of each other. I have come to the conclusion when flashing if you start getting hiccups, its best to do a wipe of everything except your external SD and do reflash of the rom and kernal and use Titanium to do a restore of program files and apps.

RS
    06-26-2011 10:27 AM
    My battery life has not really changed from AB4-AB5 Through the versions of gummy charge. The pbj rom should help increase battery life since one of the features is its slightly undervolted.

Yes you just flash the themes over top of each other. I have come to the conclusion when flashing if you start getting hiccups, its best to do a wipe of everything except your external SD and do reflash of the rom and kernal and use Titanium to do a restore of program files and apps.

RS
    Ok. Thanks RS. Also just to be clear, I don't need to disable voodoo when flashing a new rom(or in my case reflashing the same rom)?
    06-26-2011 10:59 AM
    Im also familarizing myself with titanium. Once I get use to it I will try resetting everything again.
    06-26-2011 11:34 AM
    He wanted a good phone

Exactly, so he shouldn't have gone to the charge.
    06-26-2011 04:04 PM
    Exactly, so he shouldn't have gone to the charge.
    Enlighten us as to why you think the Charge is a bad phone...?
    06-26-2011 04:42 PM
    Enlighten us as to why you think the Charge is a bad phone...?
    He's just trying to start some drama. Do not feed. Exactly why he asked a question that if he really wanted an answer to, he would have just PMed kejar.

But if you must know, here is a list of 3 reasons why Tbolt > charge:

1) Better battery life
    2) you can tell your gf you didn't hang up on her, your phone just rebooted.
    3) The phone goes well with a pikachu costume. Pikachu! Thunderbolt now!
    Pikachu Child Costume | Nintendo Photos
    Halo likes this.
    06-26-2011 04:49 PM
    lol @ the reboot on the GF comment but anyways.

Is there a way to get the Puzzle Lock screen back? I feel like I am using my OG Droid when I have to swipe to the right to unlock it, feels "old."
    06-26-2011 05:09 PM
    I am on 1.8.1 and tried installing one of the GummyThemes but it sent my phone into a bootloop. I was able to recover by reinstalling GummyCharged. Any insight on this?
    06-26-2011 09:54 PM
    Attention!
    Mailbox acess is not supported for some types of Yahoo! mail accounts. If you have trouble connecting, visit yahoo.com for more information.

Anyone seeing this when trying to set up a Yahoo account on the default email?
    I enter the credentials and it wont accept for yahoo account.

Maybe I missed to conversation about this?
    Im on Gunny Charged 1.8, same error is coming up on the wife's phone after she went to Gummy 1.8 also...
    06-27-2011 01:09 PM
    I rooted using ADB but can't figure out how to install kernals or CWM using my Mac. Any help? I'm not an Android newb but have always used Rom Manager.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Thanks a lot the hard work pays off well!
    06-27-2011 04:03 PM
    Ok. Thanks RS. Also just to be clear, I don't need to disable voodoo when flashing a new rom(or in my case reflashing the same rom)?
    Im sure you already figured this out but

Vodoo on - with vodoo. Your good to go.

Vodoo on with non Vodoo = deep doooodoooo

RS
    06-28-2011 08:29 AM
    After installing GummyCharge 1.8.5, my PC can no longer access my micro SD card on my phone via USB. Any suggestions?
    06-28-2011 03:24 PM
    You need to install the SD card fix. You need a card reader and plug it in your computer to do this once you lock the card.
    06-28-2011 03:57 PM
    You need to install the SD card fix. You need a card reader and plug it in your computer to do this once you lock the card.
    I installed it three times, once before installing GummyCharged and twice after installing GummyCharged. It made no difference. I used CWM to install it from zip file, which I already placed on my SD card before installing GummyCharged.
    06-28-2011 06:02 PM
    I installed it three times, once before installing GummyCharged and twice after installing GummyCharged. It made no difference. I used CWM to install it from zip file, which I already placed on my SD card before installing GummyCharged.
    Make Sure you have the option checked either Mass Storage or Ask On Connection. This is under Settings USB Settings. Also Make sure you have USB Debugging off which is under Settings / Applications/ Developement. If this is not your issue then make sure you have the drivers installed for your phone on your computer. You can get them here...
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...-download.html

Hope it helps.
    06-28-2011 10:15 PM
    Gummy charged is pretty awesome I must say. My question is, how to I remove it to go back to stock so Verizon can't tell I messed with the phone? I dropped the phone earlier and got a crack on my screen (lucky I have insurance/warranty).

Thanks in advance!
    06-29-2011 12:44 PM
278 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD