[ROM][EE4] GummyCHARGED 1.8 6/22/2011

TheGoose

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So if running ab4.1.1 i cant just simply wipe and install from zip?

I need to do all those steps going to ed1 OTA Ed2 OTA EE4 then cwr and install gummy from zip?

What do i do w vodoo lagfix?

Will i lose root/su?

kejar31

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So if running ab4.1.1 i cant just simply wipe and install from zip?

I need to do all those steps going to ed1 OTA Ed2 OTA EE4 then cwr and install gummy from zip?

What do i do w vodoo lagfix?

Will i lose root/su?

No you can simply wipe and install but you will not get the latest radio.. Even if you wanted to stay with AB and wanted the new radio you would have to follow the same process...

TheGoose

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Really fast.

Issue 1.) on AB V4.1.1 if you hit the menu button on the home screen "preferences" pops up as well as settings. Preferences allows you to go in and modify your settings for launcher pro (and plus if you have it). Your mod seems to be missing that which won't allow me to stop the 3D experimental app drawer.

If you could update that or let me know how to get launcher pro preferences back please let me know..

otherwise great work.

Last edited:

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Silly question as I just flashed this build. Not a big deal but is the signal strength meter not themed to match yet? By the screen shots it is but after install mine is still gray. just want to make sure that is right or if something was wrong.

Great so far tho Kejar31. Really liking what I'm seeing so far. Keep up the great work. Peace

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Really fast.

Issue 1.) on AB V4.1.1 if you hit the menu button on the home screen "preferences" pops up as well as settings. Preferences allows you to go in and modify your settings for launcher pro (and plus if you have it). Your mod seems to be missing that which won't allow me to stop the 3D experimental app drawer.

If you could update that or let me know how to get launcher pro preferences back please let me know..

otherwise great work.

I asked the same ? then discovered this is the AOSP launcher from XDA not LP. Looks very close. So you can disable the AOSP launcher once you have LP or leave it in the background with no widgets and switch to LP

kejar31

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I asked the same ? then discovered this is the AOSP launcher from XDA not LP. Looks very close. So you can disable the AOSP launcher once you have LP or leave it in the background with no widgets and switch to LP

this is Launcher2 built from source. It doesn't come from XDA but rather it comes from Google. But you are right this is not Launcher Pro.. You need to download that to get the options that come with it.

jadaloves

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I apologize if this has been asked, but I've been searching on forums and have yet to see the answer I'm looking for. I've installed Gummy, but I keep getting a force close on the standard email. I see a fix for it...but can someone please tell me EXACTLY how to install the fix? Do I unzip it ot leave it zipped. Flash with Odin or CWM. Or if I completely reinstall Gummy, should it be fixed. Please help.

Thanks.

kejar31

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if this has been asked, but I've been searching on forums and have yet to see the answer I'm looking for. I've installed Gummy, but I keep getting a force close on the standard email. I see a fix for it...but can someone please tell me EXACTLY how to install the fix? Do I unzip it ot leave it zipped. Flash with Odin or CWM. Or if I completely reinstall Gummy, should it be fixed. Please help.

Thanks.

Install the Email Exchange fix just like you did the ROM though CWR but don't wipe data.. You did wipe data before installing Gummy, right... Cause if you didn't that could cause some of the FC's you are seeing.

Eitherway install the email fix and let me know if it works for ya.

mmamo

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to everyone. I did the GummyCharged With EE4 and Like it. I liked the AB Background but this is really clean. Nice Work.!!!!

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen it mentioned yet but others having MMS force close when you get a picture msg. I just flashed yesterday and got the first one since then and did not realize it Fc's when you try to view the pic.

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
So stupid question here, how do I get my phone to boot into recovery on this ROM? Tried usual method of volume, home and power but didnt work.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
So stupid question here, how do I get my phone to boot into recovery on this ROM? Tried usual method of volume, home and power but didnt work.

Are you sure you have CWM installed? If you don't and you're running a different kernel than stock, then it will not boot into the stock recovery either from what I've experienced.

If you do, make sure you're pressing the Vol Up, Home and Power buttons, and once it comes on, release the Power button until CWM comes up.

kejar31

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen it mentioned yet but others having MMS force close when you get a picture msg. I just flashed yesterday and got the first one since then and did not realize it Fc's when you try to view the pic.

yea I wasn't aware of it either.. That is until today... Looking into it and will post a fix if and when I find one.

jadaloves

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Install the Email Exchange fix just like you did the ROM though CWR but don't wipe data.. You did wipe data before installing Gummy, right... Cause if you didn't that could cause some of the FC's you are seeing.

Eitherway install the email fix and let me know if it works for ya.

THANK YOU! Worked like a charm!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital