[warn]Do not flash these if
    A. You dont know what you are doing
    B. you have not already done a manual update to EE4
    C. you do not understand what they are for

This is mostly for Development Purposes So please be patient

Android Central, any developer, or myself are NOT responsible for anything you do to your phone
    [/WARN]

[NOTE]All packages are compressed in .rar form they need to be extracted and flashed with odin. If you are a developer and just want the deodex system...well you know what to do. Also Notice Using a custome kernel on EE4 is required for root but this also write protects your sdcard for some reason so just be aware.[/NOTE]

[WARN]
    You MUST have manually updated already to use any of these packages because they do not include the modem/radio. So do not just go flashing these thinking it will replace doing the OTA update
    [/WARN]

[INFO]First package:Fully stock kernel, recovery and system(this will come in handy)
    http://www.androphiles.com/files/and...ck_DXC.tar.rar[/INFO]

[INFO]Second package: Deodexed system, imnuts modded CWM , stock kernel (not rooted)
    http://www.androphiles.com/files/and...dx_DXC.tar.rar[/INFO]

[INFO]Warning having a Custom kernel Write protects your sdcard when trying to mount to your PC otherwise everything works

Third package: Deodexed system, imnuts modded CWM, jt voodoo kernel (Rooted)
    http://www.androphiles.com/files/and...do_DXC.tar.rar[/INFO]

Again if you need instructions on how to flash these just hold off till we can mess with this build some more.I really dont want anyone in a position that they can not recovery from
    addictedtocars likes this.
    06-09-2011 07:50 AM
    Did you say a custom kernel causes SDcard to be write protected?

Could we use Root explorer to fix SDcard permissions?
    06-09-2011 08:41 AM
    I understand what you are saying about NOT using these unless we manually get EE4 first. That said my question is are there any issues taking the OTA EE4 update if we are already running your AB v4.1.1 with the voodoo kernel and have the lagfix enable. Or do we need to go back into CWM and disable the lagfix first.

Guess my question boils down to what needs to be running on the device first before taking the new OTA update so we can get the update but still have root access.
    06-09-2011 09:58 AM
    I think you have to restore back to stock, then do the updates, then reflash AB 4.1.1 (I could be wrong)

I dont know enough of what I am doing and everything is working how I want/need it to work on my phone so I am staying put for now
    06-09-2011 11:38 AM
    I think you have to restore back to stock, then do the updates, then reflash AB 4.1.1 (I could be wrong)

I dont know enough of what I am doing and everything is working how I want/need it to work on my phone so I am staying put for now
    That is exactly what I did, although I do not have the EE4 upgrades (Mobile Hotspot doesn't work, Call log does not have one click call back), my Broadband shows I am on EE4, so I think I am good until the ROM is updated?
    06-09-2011 11:49 AM
    That is why I stepped down and have the EE4 update ready to go, once the AB v5 arrives.
    06-09-2011 04:15 PM
    DroidX after going up to EE4 is it still possible to flash back to ED1 or is this update locking that option out?

Edit: God I just went back to ED1 from your AB the GUI is HORRID. I cant wait till you have your ROM back up with this update.
    06-10-2011 07:34 PM
    Tried to send the below as a PM to DroidXCon, but I don't have enough posts yet. <-- (Droid n00b tears are the tastiest, eh?)

Downloaded the jt voodoo kernel (root) with the CWM stuff in it already. I fired up ODIN, have my phone in download mode and recognized in ODIN...the only option I have for loading that recovery.bin file is by using PHONE mode in ODIN. I've only ever flashed using PDA. Before I go ahead and brick my phone, I just wondered if you'd verify that I am, indeed, supposed to use the PHONE button for this one.

I'm sure you're quite busy; thanks for your time, I do appreciate it!
    06-13-2011 04:34 PM
    What does deodexed mean?
    06-13-2011 05:01 PM
    DroidX after going up to EE4 is it still possible to flash back to ED1 or is this update locking that option out?

Edit: God I just went back to ED1 from your AB the GUI is HORRID. I cant wait till you have your ROM back up with this update.
    yeah or just wait i shoule have the next AB read soon within the next two days although i have to work a double tomorrow which may slow things down

Tried to send the below as a PM to DroidXCon, but I don't have enough posts yet. <-- (Droid n00b tears are the tastiest, eh?)

Downloaded the jt voodoo kernel (root) with the CWM stuff in it already. I fired up ODIN, have my phone in download mode and recognized in ODIN...the only option I have for loading that recovery.bin file is by using PHONE mode in ODIN. I've only ever flashed using PDA. Before I go ahead and brick my phone, I just wondered if you'd verify that I am, indeed, supposed to use the PHONE button for this one.

I'm sure you're quite busy; thanks for your time, I do appreciate it!
    NO NEVER PHONE............ if you are seeing recovery.bin that means you are extracting it when it is not suppose to be extracted Odin only recognizes files that end in .tar or .tar.md5..... i wouldnt use any file named .tar use the .tar.md5 versions and ONLY USE PDA

What does deodexed mean?
    applications are split in 2 parts .apk and .odex
    odex helps the system run a bit faster in theory but it does not lend itself to modifications

So the process of deodexing opens the apk reinserts a copy of the odex part its missing then closes the application back up. After that all odex files are removed. Once you have a deodexed set of applications then modifications can be made since there is not fragmentations of the applications laying about.

hope that simplifies it for you
    06-13-2011 06:08 PM
    NO NEVER PHONE............ if you are seeing recovery.bin that means you are extracting it when it is not suppose to be extracted Odin only recognizes files that end in .tar or .tar.md5..... i wouldnt use any file named .tar use the .tar.md5 versions and ONLY USE PDA
    Gotcha. Flashed the 3rd package and everything is fine with the exception of the r/o SD card when USB connected. Thanks!

EDIT: Got the sdcard patch from here and now I'm back in happy land with the Charge.
    06-13-2011 07:45 PM
    [INFO]First package:Fully stock kernel, recovery and system(this will come in handy)
    http://www.androphiles.com/files/and...ck_DXC.tar.rar[/INFO]

Again if you need instructions on how to flash these just hold off till we can mess with this build some more.I really dont want anyone in a position that they can not recovery from
    OK I had done OTA EE4 then just did the basic root and voodoo lag fix and applied the SD Card fix. I used Titanium backup to backup my apps and to uninstall some of the VZ bloatware. So now I want to get back to "stock" with some bloat removed. So I added the file to the voodoo directory to voodoo directory which then on restart reformatted to rfs, voice told me so. I then try to use ODIN using the ee4 stock image above and when I selec the tar.md5 file with PDA then hit start it doe snothing, ODIN just says All threads completed (succeed 0 / failed0).

Thephone sits there waiting ont he download, but nothing ever happens. I tried powering off and such, I confirmed voodoo lag fix is disabled and still same thing. I also can't install apps form market, they download, but never install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    06-15-2011 07:10 AM
    is it in download mode?
    06-15-2011 09:03 AM
    is it in download mode?
    Yes, figured it out, something got screwed up with the USB drivers, I re-installed them and started process and it went fine now. Odd as I had the phone working on this computer all along. Damn Windows...
    06-15-2011 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD