Is the stock EE4 update available?

tsitalon1

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I am back to stock ED2, but don't want to wait for the OTA push. Is the OTA file available manually and able to be installed manually?

elucid

May 31, 2011
Visit site
This is unfortunate. It seems like we have to choose between the EXT4 and the updated radio.

I think I'll wait this out a bit...

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
yeah but now im having trouble doing the filesystem conversion

DroidXcon,

does wynalazca's step by step process, from the xda-developers forum, work to get EE4 with a Voodoo kernel? or is he mistaken?

Kind of a tedious process, but here is what I did:
1) I disabled the lagfix (create a folder called 'disable-lagfix' in /sdcard/Voodoo)
2) rebooted the phone to disable the voodoo lagfix
3) ran the stock rooted ED1 ODIN file (which I created )
4) took the OTA ED2 update and lost root
5) downloaded the EE4 update file (1e96b63a1f25.SCH-I510_ED2_update.zip) and renamed it 'update.zip' and put it on my sdcard
6) booted into recovery and applied update.zip and then let it boot
7) flashed JTs rooted voodoo kernel and his CWM in ODIN (you should probably delete the disable-lagfix folder after step 6)

NOTE: I didn't wipe at all during this process.

I have EE4 and JTs voodoo kernel and I've confirmed that I have root access.
Now it's time to get rid of this orange and brown crap... again :/

elucid

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Same as CWM:
1) Power down
2) Hold volume up, home, and power.
3) Release power when you see the Samsung logo

I didn't see DroidXCon's post. Second time today, sigh....

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
kejar31 is going to have the EE4 radio update available for his GummyCHARGED ROM, likely when he is ready with his updated ROM that includes the EE4 updates. We have to give the Devs a little bit of time.

tsitalon1

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, i am a bit confused. Thanks for the help with recovery. I successfully migrated from stock ED2 to EE4 that was posted in this thread. However, i am having more 4g issues then i had before and i do not have the one click call back feature on the call history log.

Update: I don't have 4g at all :(

What's going on?

Last edited:

billku

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Noob question, sorry, but do you have to be unrooted to get the EE4 OTA update notification? Or will rooted phones still be notified when it rolls out the their phones?

mcnasty150

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Running ab 4.0, got the system update. Its been sitting for 10 mins with the triangle and the little green guy. Before I even thought about vodoo I hit install now. So tomorrow I might be back on here to see if it worked or if I need to have something else dohe to fix my phone

Edit: battery pulled, disabled voodoo, no system update yet.

Last edited:

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I forgot how to get into Samsung recovery to flash the EE4 update...help :)

Press volume up button
Press Home Buttton
while holding the volume up btn down along with the home button pressed also hold the power button down untill you see the Samsung Logo,, release the power button Only!!!!!
wait wait wait... The Clock Work Mod aka: CWM will appear release your buttons.
you are in CWM..
choose your zip file to flash. flash it and reboot..