Lost 4g with OTA EE4 update

tsitalon1

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
My path

AB 4.11 -->Rooted ED1 (via odin) -->ED2 (via OTA) --> EE4 (via update.zip)

Verified EE4 listed in about phone, and 6 signal bars.

Started over, this time path was:

Rooted ED1 (via odin) -->EE4 (via OTA)

Verified EE4 listed in about phone, and 6 signal bars.

Still NO 4g AT ALL. toggled between CDMA and LTE, restarted phone countless times...

I need help please.

tsitalon1

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Update:

4g works in other places, no longer works around my neighborhood.

Before the update i had 4 bars of signal and 4g. After update i have 6 bars of signal but no 4g.

I was averaging 4g dl speeds of 12-25 mbps/sec, now i can't get it at all at home.

I guess I'll find out after work, but I wonder if I needed to get to a primary 4g area to have the roaming/tower list updated, if this is the case, it may work when I get back home, since it works on 4g closer to the city.

Last edited:

cwalter9

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That makes no sense seeing as they dial *228 to activate it when you purchase the device.

*228 doesn't work on 4g phones, at least I can verify from my Charge. Your service is activated with your SIM card and if you attempt to dial *228 it will tell you that before calling. There was a bug in ED1 which allowed the call to go through and would sometimes fry your SIM card resulting in a new SIM card.

Aixelsyd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
*228 doesn't work on 4g phones, at least I can verify from my Charge. Your service is activated with your SIM card and if you attempt to dial *228 it will tell you that before calling. There was a bug in ED1 which allowed the call to go through and would sometimes fry your SIM card resulting in a new SIM card.

Good to know seeing as I watched the guy dial *228 on my Charge while he was working on activating it. And the only reason I watched is I wanted to catch him before he downloaded the Ed2 OTA as I didn't want it done. Learn somethign new everyday I guess which is always a plus IMO.

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I still don't have 4G in my city since the update. Its been a few days now. I was going to start a post until I saw that post. I tried to switch on the LTE only and got 1X. Stuck on 3G in a 4G town. So what's the fix for this since im hearin*228 doesn't work. And what tower list.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, as I figured, The phone must of obtained some tower list or something. 4g is working fine now.

you have to dial *228 and press 1 to activate the charge.. i dialed the *228 and selected item 2 to update roaming as i did with older vx8000 and got a msg saying the LTE took care of all that.. no fried card.. nothing taken away no problems etc etc blah blah blah...
but that phone has to be activated with the sim card in and main activation key is button one to program the Phone... rather you do it or someone at Verizon does it,,, it is still *228 then press 1 for ph programing.
man theres more rumors than truths sometimes...