stuck at boot loop animation

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I tried flashing back to the stock ed1 in order to get the needed ee4 update, and now I'm stuck in boot loop even though it passed through Odin. help!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ouch. What were you on when you flashed back, custom kernel, custom ROM, etc? If you were on Voodoo lagfix you really need to disable it before hand. I would say pull the battery, if you have a micro sdcard reader put a folder in the Voodoo folder called " disable-lagfix " and put the card back in. Try to reflash the stock rooted ED1 again.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Altered Beast has the Voodoo Lagfix kernel built in, and you must disable it before doing anything. Voodoo Lagfix converts the file system from rfs to ext4 and before you restore anything you need to be back on rfs. I would try to get voodoo disabled by putting the folder called disable-lagfix this way after you re-flash and reboot it will see the file.

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so create a folder inside the Voodoo folder named disable-lagfix? I'm at home now and can do this, but have to redownload the ED1 stock file. I was only trying to get the ee4 update.

rambag3

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Altered Beast has the Voodoo Lagfix kernel built in, and you must disable it before doing anything. Voodoo Lagfix converts the file system from rfs to ext4 and before you restore anything you need to be back on rfs. I would try to get voodoo disabled by putting the folder called disable-lagfix this way after you re-flash and reboot it will see the file.

Can you be more specific I'm having the same problem as the OP, thank you.

aschindler

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I had disabled the Voodoo lagfix and did the stock ED1 flash and when I rebooted got stuck in the boot animation loop. I hated to do it, but after a Factory reset/delete user data in CWM I am now able to boot just fine. It must have been something written in the different file system that was corrupting something else. *shrug*

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I actually reflashed AB4, then disabled Voodoo lagfix, then reflashed the stock root ED1. ED1 is non-Voodoo, which is why the boot looping occured.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie