Hey guys -

I'm currently on the Stock Rooted ED1 and I'm trying to create backups using CWM. Also, I tried installing the GUMMY rom via SD card using CWM.

With both of these, the phone looks like its trying to reboot into recovery (triangle symbol w/ exclamation mark in the middle with loading bar), but it jumps out and reboots normally without me doing anything.

Any suggestions? Thanks
    06-10-2011 10:42 PM
    I have the exact same problem
    06-10-2011 10:45 PM
    I have the exact same problem
    That's comforting, I suppose

Any idea what's causing this? Trying to get a ROM up and running!
    06-10-2011 10:52 PM
    not sure...
    06-10-2011 10:54 PM
    CWM cannot make backups yet still needs to be fixed, use titanium backup if you need to backup your system
    06-10-2011 11:01 PM
    CWM cannot make backups yet still needs to be fixed, use titanium backup if you need to backup your system
    Ok yea I think I've read that. But what about installing the gummy ROM? It does the exact same thing.
    06-10-2011 11:05 PM
    Ok yea I think I've read that. But what about installing the gummy ROM? It does the exact same thing.
    I've also tried to go through manual recovery mode (three-button method), and there's no option to "install zip from scdard"

Not sure whats going on.. seems to be no way to get my ROM installed..
    06-10-2011 11:54 PM
    I've also tried to go through manual recovery mode (three-button method), and there's no option to "install zip from scdard"

Not sure whats going on.. seems to be no way to get my ROM installed..
    You need to flash clock work ...ill post it in a bit with instructions

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    06-10-2011 11:55 PM
    You need to flash clock work ...ill post it in a bit with instructions

You mean by using the "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" option in ROM Manager? If so, I've done this.
    06-10-2011 11:58 PM
    You mean by using the "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" option in ROM Manager? If so, I've done this.
    Never use rom manager

06-10-2011 11:59 PM
    Never use rom manager

Ah ok - didn't realize it was a bad tool. When you post your instructions, include any steps I'd need to take if ROM Manager had some sort of adverse effect. Thanks DroidX
    06-11-2011 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD