xda-developers - View Single Post - [ODIN] Stock Rooted ED1 (downgrade from ED2) [2011.05.18]

I am pretty much following these instructions to a T it cycles through and downloads
    then it gets a pass. After which the phone goes dark. It doesn't reboot so I unplug
    the phone insert the battery it comes up with the green droid the reboot screen.
    I select reboot; it restarts the animation screen comes up over and over again.
    Please advise thanks
    06-14-2011 10:29 PM
    When you were using odin, did it say pass/ready/restart and all that other crap? I know for flashing other things, Auto-Reboot is to be checked. I did this early today since I thought I bricked my phone but used a different tutorial to do it. Installed Samsung Drivers, installed Odin. Unplug phone from computer and then remove battery from phone. Open up odin and then connect the phone. Press and hold the Down Volume until the little image comes up and then make sure in Odin it detects your phone. Once you have that, un check auto reboot and then check PDA. Next to that check box click on PDA and select the file that you are going to then hit start. It should take some time to do its thing but in the left status window you should see it doing stuff and it should tell you whats going on in the text box on the bottom left. Once it is all done, unplug it from the computer and put in battery and power up. It might boot into recovery, clear/wipe data/cache then reboot. Let the phone do its work as it may take a few minutes sitting at the boot screen. Hopefully this helps and if this is wrong in any way, let me know so I can edit/delete it.
    06-14-2011 10:48 PM
    When you were using odin, did it say pass/ready/restart and all that other crap? I know for flashing other things, Auto-Reboot is to be checked. I did this early today since I thought I bricked my phone but used a different tutorial to do it. Installed Samsung Drivers, installed Odin. Unplug phone from computer and then remove battery from phone. Open up odin and then connect the phone. Press and hold the Down Volume until the little image comes up and then make sure in Odin it detects your phone. Once you have that, un check auto reboot and then check PDA. Next to that check box click on PDA and select the file that you are going to then hit start. It should take some time to do its thing but in the left status window you should see it doing stuff and it should tell you whats going on in the text box on the bottom left. Once it is all done, unplug it from the computer and put in battery and power up. It might boot into recovery, clear/wipe data/cache then reboot. Let the phone do its work as it may take a few minutes sitting at the boot screen. Hopefully this helps and if this is wrong in any way, let me know so I can edit/delete it.
    I will uncheck auto reboot everything worked flawlessly as u said thanks
    06-14-2011 11:00 PM
    Let me know how it goes so if it is helpful, others can read it and follow along. I sure hope it's right.
    06-14-2011 11:24 PM
    The generic fix is...

make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
    -boot into recovery via Recovery
    -select "wipe data/factory reset"
    06-15-2011 04:12 AM
    sounds like he had lagfix enabled and didnt disable it before flashing the stock package
    06-15-2011 04:50 AM
    What really screwed things up; was I loaded CWM from the market. N it just really screwed things up.
    When I turned it on all it did was go to the Samsung logo an hung up.

I did the few extra steps that Lakers told me to, uncheck auto reboot. Doing after it was done I got
    download complete, I didnt even get that on the screen when I did the initial Vodoo lagfix.

But when it was complete I wiped data and cache and did the reboot; still the same the boot screen keeps coming up over and over again.

The screwed part about it is this, VZ doesnt even have a replacement for it........ they are all out.
    So my interim solution I bought another just so I wouldn't be without one, I can take a substitute.
    So my temporary actually gives me 14 days to figure it out..........

Thanks for everyones contributions but whaaaaaaaaaaa.

I'm just gonna keep playing with this an hope for the best.
    06-15-2011 10:08 AM
    DroidXcon gave you the answer - it sounds like you didn't disable lagfix before going back to the stock ROM. This is exactly the symptom you will see.

I'm guessing you were running something like Altered Beast before? Load that back on, disable lagfix, then reboot and let it change your file system, then reboot and flash the stock ROM.
    06-15-2011 11:12 AM
    DroidXcon gave you the answer - it sounds like you didn't disable lagfix before going back to the stock ROM. This is exactly the symptom you will see.

I'm guessing you were running something like Altered Beast before? Load that back on, disable lagfix, then reboot and let it change your file system, then reboot and flash the stock ROM.

Ok duuuuuh that is what I thought about trying even before DX said, u know how u get that gut feeling.
    So I will tryt installing Vodoo lag again when I get home.
    Thanks everyone again
    06-15-2011 12:45 PM
    Ok duuuuuh that is what I thought about trying even before DX said, u know how u get that gut feeling.
    So I will tryt installing Vodoo lag again when I get home.
    Thanks everyone again
    No problem, I did the same thing, that's how I knew.
    06-15-2011 12:55 PM
    No problem, I did the same thing, that's how I knew.
    Lol...... thanks
    06-15-2011 03:53 PM
    After it is all said and done how do I disable CWM
    Will keep everyone posted
    Thanks
    06-15-2011 03:59 PM
    Wow it worked youse guys are friggin brilliant
    06-15-2011 08:15 PM
    Any suggestions. As before when I try to boot into recovery to didable vodoo lagfix it hangs on the samsung logo. Any suggestions. Thanks
    06-15-2011 08:51 PM
    Any suggestions. As before when I try to boot into recovery to didable vodoo lagfix it hangs on the samsung logo. Any suggestions. Thanks
    You could use the Quick Boot app to get in to it. Or, just make folder in the Voodoo directory on your SD Card called disable-lagfix and reboot.
    06-16-2011 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD