[Theme][Port]GummyBeast - An Altered Beast theme for GummyCHARGED

beyondwired

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Theme][Port]GummyBeast - An Altered Beast theme for GummyCHA

the boot loop happended to me too.

I installed Gummy, installed the blue gummy theme. Rebooted into CM and installed Gummy Beast and then boot loop. I though it may have been a blue theme/ Gummy Beast conflict???

KainGC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys, if you're having the bootloop issue please verify a few things for me:

1. You are NOT running the gingerbread version of GummyCHARGED. This theme will only for for the EE4 Froyo release of GC. Also check that your kernel and basebands are EE4.

2. You have tried flashing multiple times. Sometimes people have a bootloop the first time they try and flash this theme. After flashing GC again, and then trying this theme a second or third time sometimes it will work. I've still never seen this bootloop issue, so this is just what I have heard from others.

3. You are using the latest EE4 GC release (1.8.5).

I have pulled the download until I resolve this issue. I am actively working to fix it, but most my time is dedicated to my projects for gingerbread and I am not supporting this theme as much and have supported it much longer than I intended to.

If you like the altered beast style and want to use EE4, please check out the Team Androphiles Altered Beast Alpha 5!

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

I am running PBJT kernel on ee4. I only tried one time. Can you flash both at the same time? Does AB5 have to be unzipped to flash with cwr?

KainGC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I am running PBJT kernel on ee4. I only tried one time. Can you flash both at the same time? Does AB5 have to be unzipped to flash with cwr?

If you are trying to flash GC and my theme at the same time, that should not be an issue as long as you are flashing GC first.

As for AB5, you should just be able to put the alpha 5 zip on your SD card and flash it in CWM just like GC or my theme. If you are flashing over GC I would suggest wiping your cache and possibly a full data wipe (remember to backup!) just to ensure no issues arise.

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

what exactly should i be backing up? I have my contacts backed up to the sd card.

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

Tried it again and still stuck in bootloop. Now everytime I try to boot up it goes into CWM recovery. Got the phone back to operating order by using system restore on CWM. I guess I'll try AB5 since GC isn't going to work for my phone.

KainGC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Tried it again and still stuck in bootloop. Now everytime I try to boot up it goes into CWM recovery. Got the phone back to operating order by using system restore on CWM. I guess I'll try AB5 since GC isn't going to work for my phone.

I would recommend backing up all your apps and such with Titanium backup. Also use an SMS backup tool if you want to keep what you have. Contacts are stored on your account (as long as you accepted to sync) and will be recovered when you add your gmail account back on the phone after the wipe.

Have you tried GC without installing my theme? Is that bootlooping you? I'm sorry for all the trouble. I have pulled the download until I fix this issue. I am determined to find out whats causing it.

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

No I haven't tried installing one at a time but I will try that.

beyondwired

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

ok here is how i got it to work for me.
install GC and let it boot up fully.
do not install any gummy themes.
install GB,
and now it works!!!

(for testing)
i was able to recreate these two lockup scenarios several times. here is how i made the phone lockup.
install GC
install the blue theme
install GB
phone would boot loop.
or
Install GC and GB in the same CW session.

but when i let the phone boot up fully after installing GC and then installed GB everything was fine.

I hope this helps.
btw- i am using CM 4.0.0.1 I'm not sure if this is the latest version of CM.

Last edited:

KainGC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

ok here is how i got it to work for me.
install GC and let it boot up fully.
do not install any gummy themes.
install GB,
and now it works!!!

i was able to recreate these two lockup scenarios several times. here is how i made the phone lockup.
install GC
install the blue theme
install GB
phone would boot loop.
or
Install GC and GB in the same CW session.

but when i let the phone boot up fully after installing GC and then installed GB everything was fine.

I hope this helps.
btw- i am using CM 4.0.0.1 I'm not sure if this is the latest version of CM.

Thanks for the info Beyondwired!! :) I'll definitely look into this, it seems like the gummythemes might change something that causes the bootloop, which should not be specific to my theme but any themes.

I also heard from vols fan and he was able to resolve the issue, it appears the was not doing a wipe between changing roms, which can cause many odd issues.

Glad to hear you both got it working!

dcmarch#AC

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

I know this is for gummy charge however I have no luck with gummy charge. will this work with other roms like eclipse humble ect.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I know this is for gummy charge however I have no luck with gummy charge. will this work with other roms like eclipse humble ect.

Dude. Humble is Gummy. He kanged that entire rom, added a theme and called his own!!!! Thats NOT his work nor is it different. Dont even get me started on eclispe and all that nytro kanged from Gummy. Your best bet is to try and figure out whats going on with your gummy install.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

keuho

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site

This theme boot looped me at the red eye for some reason. I was running plain gummy charge 1.5 before that and i'm running it plain again now. I did do a wipe before flashing this. i even tried wiping again and reflashing gummy charged and then this but same problem. just a heads up
how did you get out of the red eye boot loop ? sorry im kind of stuck at the loop right now

KainGC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

how did you get out of the red eye boot loop ? sorry im kind of stuck at the loop right now

Hi keuho,

Are you sure you did a "wipe data/factory reset" before installing gummyCHARGED in CWM? It seems that this is the main problem when people are getting stuck in a bootloop.

If you did do it and successfully booted into gummyCHARGED and then installed this theme and got a bootloop please try wiping the dalvik cache in advanced options of CWM. This will cause the first boot to take longer than usual (a few minutes) so please be patient.

If you didn't wipe data/factory reset, please try doing so. It will perform a factory reset on your device and you should be able to boot. You will not lose any data on your SD card from this, but will lose all application/account/sms/etc data on your phone so I hope you performed a proper back up.

Please let me know if this works.

Charge5150

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Will this work GC 2.0. Asking because I always used altered beast and wanted to try GC. I love the speed of this rom bust miss the beauty of AB

KainGC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Will this work GC 2.0. Asking because I always used altered beast and wanted to try GC. I love the speed of this rom bust miss the beauty of AB

Since GunnerMike went and updated all his themes to support 2.0, I'm guessing this wont work. Sorry everyone!

Please support GunnerMike because he puts out amazing work and if you want an altered beast theme request one from him as he was the original designer of it anyway! :)

If anyone tries this on GC 2.0 and it works please let us all know, I'm running GBE and don't have the time to change ROMs around to test this.

Reaper78

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Two things:
1. How do I get my screen to show with the shortcuts on the side and the calendar on the bottom like the screenshots? And
2. Where can I download the background image?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance