[Theme][Port]GummyBeast - An Altered Beast theme for GummyCHARGED

KainGC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
This is sort of a port of the Altered Beast theme used in DroidXcon's fantastic ROM usable for those of us on GummyCHARGED.

I was starting my foray into ROM making and theme-ing, and in my impatience waiting for GunnerMike and DroidXcon's new AB ROM (Take your time guys! We all know it's gonna be awesome!), I decided I would port over their wonderful work to the GummyCHARGED ROM so some of us can enjoy the EE4 world with AB's awesome style.

I did take some liberties and make some changes based on personal preference, so I apologize if I changed something you liked.

Note: I did this for myself as a personal learning experience and decided I'd share with anyone interested. I may do minor updates, but do not plan to support this much past Androphiles next AB release.

Whats Themed:
framework-res
twframework-res

I have only tested this by flashing via CWM over GummyCHARGED 1.5, so that is the only place I can guarantee it works.

If you appreciate my port please donate to DroidXcon, GunnerMike and kejar31 for their awesome work!!! All credit for this goes to them, I just simply moved some files around =) Also an extra big thanks to GunnerMike for being so awesome and understanding when I went ahead and posted this without asking permission to use his work! >.<

Download:
Please note: This will only work with the EE4 based ROMS, do not try to install it on Gingerbread based ROMs! I do not plan to port this over to the GB based ROMs, please use Androphiles inevitably awesome GB based AB release or ask them to create the separate theme!
This is untested on GC FE 2.0, as far as I know it will not work with GC 2.0. Sorry!
GummyBeast-0.4.0.zip

Change log:
Updated for compatibility with GummyCHARGED 1.8.5. This version should also be backwards compatible with all other EE4 ROMs.

Fixed the wifi icon in the notification bar. Thanks asiancricket!

New more efficient updater script to try and fix the boot loop issue. I cant get the issue to happen for myself so if it happened for you try this release or a later one!

Installation Instructions:
Before installing, please ensure GummyCharged boots and has no issues (if coming from another ROM, it is recommended to do a factory wipe after installing GC). Also note there is an issue where if you install one of the gummy themes and flash this theme it will cause you to bootloop. I am looking into this but for now if you are running a gummytheme, please reflash gummyCHARGED before installing this theme.
1. Download the flashable .zip
2. Place the zip file on your phone's SD card
3. Reboot into CWM
4. Select "install zip from sdcard"
5. Select "choose zip from sdcard"
6. Select the zip file
7. Choose "yes - Install GummyBeast-X.zip"

moMm5.png

Ruinv.png

VQS8P.png

9sxuS.png

Last edited:

huertac

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
My new DC is my first android device and today I was able get root access and have voodoo kernel with the gummy charged rom.

Because im a noob:-[ and i liked the screenshots you posted so i want to flash this on my device. Do i have to wipe the data as i did before i flashed the gummy charged rom? or can i simply install zip from sdcard without doing that?

KainGC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My new DC is my first android device and today I was able get root access and have voodoo kernel with the gummy charged rom.

Because im a noob:-[ and i liked the screenshots you posted so i want to flash this on my device. Do i have to wipe the data as i did before i flashed the gummy charged rom? or can i simply install zip from sdcard without doing that?

You can just flash the zip, a wipe is not necessary =)

salto571

May 24, 2011
Visit site
This theme boot looped me at the red eye for some reason. I was running plain gummy charge 1.5 before that and i'm running it plain again now. I did do a wipe before flashing this. i even tried wiping again and reflashing gummy charged and then this but same problem. just a heads up

KainGC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
This theme boot looped me at the red eye for some reason. I was running plain gummy charge 1.5 before that and i'm running it plain again now. I did do a wipe before flashing this. i even tried wiping again and reflashing gummy charged and then this but same problem. just a heads up

Hmmm, I will look into this. I've flashed this many times and did not see this issue and others seem to have flashed fine as well. If anyone else has this issue please post or PM me!

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Just to be clear, this is an actual theme and not a ROM right? Some of the wording in the OP had me a little confused, but it could be the sleepiness kicking in... haha.

KainGC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Port works great. Is there a reason the drop down wifi icon didnt get skinned?

No reason other than I must have missed it :) Thanks for telling me! It has been fixed, check the OP for the new file.

Also this works great on the new AB release, so if you like the "old" style I can confirm it works.

Now go donate to DroidXcon and especially GunnerMike so he can get a Charge of his own! :D

Reactions: asiancricket

halbinath

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I ran this for a few days and it was running fine. Today I did a battery pull and reboot because my homescreen shortcuts stopped working to my sd installed programs and I ended up in that same loop boot. Dunno if it was the theme or not just giving a heads up if anyone else has issues

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae