So I'm completely new to this whole rooting thing & have no idea what I'm doing. Sorry for the upcoming noob question but what do I do once my Droid is rooted? (I'm still holding off on rooting my phone, I wanna make sure I know atleast somewhat of what I'm doing lol)
    06-15-2011 03:11 PM
    go to Chadness post on How To root. He gives a great step by step and the links let you know what options you have.
    06-15-2011 03:32 PM
    I used DroidX's instructions on the Altered Beast ROM at the top of this page. If you follow his instructions his packet not only roots your phone but sets up the Voodoo kernel and also loads the awesomeness that is his ROM! I was nervous too having really only rooted HTC phones the whole ODIN idea was intimidating but his instructions even have pictures, just download your drivers, ODIN and use Winwar to unzip his packet and I was rooted and debloated in 20 minutes. Noone has any idea how awesome this phone really is untill its rooted, ssssssoooooo fast!
    06-15-2011 05:01 PM
    And most important of all read, read, read, read everything in the stickeys at the top of the ROMS page, and the great group of people on here will be able to help you out if anything happens. Just follow the instructions to the letter and you will be fine! Here is a link from the android central page that gives alot of info on the things you will need to know before rooting.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/root
    Chaplin#AC likes this.
    06-15-2011 05:03 PM
    And most important of all read, read, read, read everything in the stickeys at the top of the ROMS page, and the great group of people on here will be able to help you out if anything happens. Just follow the instructions to the letter and you will be fine!
    Agreed x1,000!! I read just about every thread 100 times over that had anything to do with rooting, kernels, ROM's, Voodoo, etc. There is so much info available to you on this site. Spend some time reading and I GUARANTEE someone has asked the same questions you have.
    06-15-2011 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD