NOTE: I removed these instructions, as this is an outdated method, and the files aren't all still available. Also, while I don't wish to spread ill about someone, I have to point out that danalo has since copied alot of kejar31's work without his permission, and used that in his ROM (known commonly as kanging). Not sure how much his current stuff is based on kejar's work, but I can't in good faith recommend him. Sorry if this offends anyone, its just the facts.

For those wanting to get to a simple rooted EE4, refer to the method mentioned by piizzadude in post #9, and donate to jt if you find it helpful. Also, I urge you to check out some of the great ROM's available from people like imnuts and Team Gummy, they'll make your phone fly and feel like a new device. We keep getting new leaks of GB builds as well, from P3Droid at MyDroidWorld. This site has some ROM's and good how-to's, and so does xda. Once you know your way around a little bit, I would urge you to check out RootzWiki, where the devs frequent and its a really great community. Just be prepared, its pretty technical, and disrespect for devs is not tolerated. But its an awesome resource, and you can learn alot in a great deal of time.

Anyway, there's a ton of stuff to learn in this community, maybe I'll write a more up-to-date tutorial in the future. But really all you need to do is familiarize yourself with tools such as Odin and CWM, and keep up with the latest release at the sites mentioned. And remember, chicks dig guys who are respectful to the devs, follow the rules and this could be you!

06-20-2011 09:35 PM
    I know I'm kind of late to the party here, but I just got my Charge. I'd love to find this Odin package but the link above seems to be invalid now. Any idea where this went?

Thanks for your effort here. I've flashed ROMs using CWM too, but if someone has put it altogether in an Odin package, why the heck not use it?!
    08-14-2011 12:13 AM
    Just FYI, you can't use Titanium Backup to do a backup before rooting. You need to be rooted in order to use TB in the first place.
    08-14-2011 06:56 AM
    I don't know why the op says not to use backup/restore in CWM, I've used it several times.
    08-14-2011 09:42 AM
    This is already an outdated set of instructions. If you are needing any help rooting the Charge, let me know and I can point you in the right direction.
    08-14-2011 12:51 PM
    I need help.
    08-14-2011 12:55 PM
    Please help... I would like to root my droid charge and I know I'm a little late here, but can't find the Odin package for the charge. The links on XDA to it appear dead. If you can give me any info, I would appreciate it.
    09-28-2011 02:22 AM
    Here is a full ODIN packaged for GummyCharged 1.9.1 FE.

http://crackflashers.com/Kejar31/Gum...din.tar.md5.7z

More info can be found here:

[ROM][EE4][ODIN]+[CWM] GummyCharge FE 1.9.1 07/21/11

This is the work of the GummyCharged Team. I, in no way, take any credit for their work. FE 1.9.1 is a little outdated. After flashing this with Odin, letting it boot up, etc... You can go back into CWM and flash GummyCharged FE 2.0 which is the latest Froyo build.
    09-28-2011 07:27 AM
    Please help... I would like to root my droid charge and I know I'm a little late here, but can't find the Odin package for the charge. The links on XDA to it appear dead. If you can give me any info, I would appreciate it.
    If you just want to root the stock EE4 (gummy is a custom ROM) here you go: http://forums.androidcentral.com/dro...x-updated.html
    Halo, Landshark and Oakashthorn like this.
    09-28-2011 09:45 AM
    Have had HTC devices (Incredible, Thunderbolt) and am fairly knowledgeable about those devices in terms of how to root and load ROMs but my wife got a Charge. She had horrible luck with GPS lock, so rooted for the GPS fix (she kept the stock ROM).

Unfortunate I had to do all that just to fix GPS, but these instructions were pretty straightforward.
    10-01-2011 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD